Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Not sure how this happened.

This is a discussion on Not sure how this happened. within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Went to the B&M a little while ago, and somehow came home with a MM cob and some tobacco. I ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Deadhead Dave's Avatar

Not sure how this happened.

Went to the B&M a little while ago, and somehow came home with a MM cob and some tobacco. I had no plans to do this, and have no idea what I am doing. I am going to head out to the garage in a bit to try my first bowl. I don't think this is going to end well.....

Re: Not sure how this happened.

You can do it Dave!
    Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

It will be a wonderful experience, we can help guide you along the way!
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

I'm totally serious, dude B-daddy's Avatar

Good luck, brother. Believe me, it's as easy as fallin' off a log. (...or this friggin' dummy wouldn't have been able to pick it up, eh?)
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?" -- Steven Wright

Take it slow and look like a pro.

Welcome!
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

No longer a community member.

If by end well you mean that six months from now you will look back and realize you have spent way too much on multiple pipes, random accoutrements, and have begun hording tobacco in a cellar as if the end times are fast approaching but you have the utmost confidence in the integrity of your bunker...

You’re probably right.

Welcome

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Deadhead Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    If by end well you mean that six months from now you will look back and realize you have spent way too much on multiple pipes, random accoutrements, and have begun hording tobacco in a cellar as if the end times are fast approaching but you have the utmost confidence in the integrity of your bunker...

You’re probably right.

Welcome
    Yeah pretty much that. I know how I get.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to the pipe side of puff!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Young Puffer Fish

Haha!!! I just started like a week ago in pretty much the same way. I had to watch youtube videos to figure out how to pack a pipe. Welcome and good luck!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Had my experience with a cob the other day. Many people on here love them and recommend them, I did not like it at all. The construction, and just the sheer lightness threw me off. I don't like filters and it was hard to get a pack where I didn't get something in my mouth. I just went to my smoke shop and picked up a Comoy's Virgin to try out my samples instead( I get a great price so it wasn't a big deal). Safe to say that was my first and last cob experience. If you end up enjoying the flavors and stuff but you run into the same problems as me I would suggest getting a cheap briar. Even the cheap ones would be better than a cob, but that's just my two cents. Don't let the cob make you give up! You may have a great experience with it and if that be the case disregard what I just wrote.

Welcome to the Pipe!

-Andrew

Ah, but if you learn to pack and smoke a cob, you'll be ready for anything.
    ********.com

True that
    Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Ah, but if you learn to pack and smoke a cob, you'll be ready for anything.
    Well.. I decided not to trash it. So I guess it will just have to wait until I have the patience. I already have 1 fully broken in briar 1 that i'm starting to.. and 5 more unsmoked

What baccy did you get Dave? Pretty important piece of info to withold...