Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Western Kentucky New Guy says Hi!

This is a discussion on Western Kentucky New Guy says Hi! within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Just wanted to introduce myself. I found the site through a google search while I was trying to find information ...

Newbie in the ocean

Western Kentucky New Guy says Hi!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I found the site through a google search while I was trying to find information on pipes. My only knowledge of pipes comes from when I was younger, I can still remember watching my Grandfather and Uncle going through their pipe rituals and the smells from their pipes. I've wanted to start smoking a pipe for a while but finally got brave enough to order a couple of corn cobs and a small sampling of tobacco from pipes and cigars. I liked the forum lay out and how willing the members were to help so I thought I'd join and try to get all my information from one site. Im from a little Podunk town that's 20 miles from everywhere so I'm not eve sure if I'll be able to pick up any supplies local or I'll be picking it all up from the interwebz. Anyway, just stopping to say HI!

Young Puffer Fish

Re: Western Kentucky New Guy says Hi!

Welcome Livewire, I'm currently a Georgia resident but am a native of Western Kentucky myself (Owensboro). Glad to see you aboard.

Welcome to the forum mate & I hope you enjoy your journey.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Welcome to Puff!
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Howdy, and welcome!

Welcome!
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Welcome Aboard! As I tell all the newbies -- I have been smoking pipes (first) and cigars for 40 years and I cannot believe all the stuff I have learned on this forum. Read all you can and ask questions and you will be surprised at all of the information and help these Brothers provide.

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Torque View Post
    Welcome Livewire, I'm currently a Georgia resident but am a native of Western Kentucky myself (Owensboro). Glad to see you aboard.
    The Boro is the closest "city" to me. I'm south in McLean county.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader teedles915's Avatar

Welcome from Somerset.

No longer a community member.

As you have already observed- there are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks around these parts.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
    The Boro is the closest "city" to me. I'm south in McLean county.
    Well, Calhoun puts you pretty far away from any sizable towns. I know Owensboro used to have a tobacco shop downtown but doubt it's there anymore. Do you get to Nashville much? That might be as "local" as it gets and Uptown in Nashville appears to be a pretty famous shop. Pipe and tobacco magazine does show one in Paducah if you ever get over there. Had some mixed reviews but is pretty close to you.

The Tobacco Barn
    5023 Hinkelville Rd.
    Paducah, Kentucky 42001

Newbie in the ocean

Thanks! Nashville is a pretty easy drive but I always like going to Paducah to visit the Harley shop.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to the pipe side of puff!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Welcome from a newbie out in socal san diego

Welcome to Puff!