Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Hello From Blacksburg VA

This is a discussion on Hello From Blacksburg VA within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hello All, I just joined Puff as a hope to communicate with others who love cigars and pipes as much ...

Young Puffer Fish

Hello From Blacksburg VA

Hello All, I just joined Puff as a hope to communicate with others who love cigars and pipes as much as I do. My experience in pipe tobacco started a year and a half ago with my friends. Since then I have begun to enjoy the pipe more and more. So far the only pipe tobacco I have purchased has been from a local B&M, but as I return home I am looking for other purchases and suggestions. I look forward to corresponding with many of you as I gain experience and knowledge.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Re: Hello From Blacksburg VA

Welcome to Puff Matt! Lots of info here on the forum.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

No longer a community member.

What's up Matt- I love the Blacksburg area. Just this winter some buddies and I went trail running at Pandapas Pond. Welcome to the boards, there is an almost endless amount of info on here.

Newbie in the ocean

Welcome from another forum newb. They're right, lots of info and great members here!

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Welcome!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish FireRunner's Avatar

Welcome to another VA cigar smoker!
    20 years of smoking and still going strong *cough* *cough*...

Young Puffer Fish Clevelandpoet's Avatar

HI! Wife's family has some property up near Nellysford, VA. (I don't think that is all that close though) Love it up there. Welcome.

Young Puffer Fish

Thanks, I am really looking forward to corresponding with some of you more. The forum has a lot of interesting posts

Disinterested

Hey Matt. I don't venture to the pipe side nearly often enough, but when I saw "Bleaksburg", I had to make the trip.

I used to spend a fair amount of time down there and had a great relationship with Joe at Blacksburg Tobacco. What a fantastic little shop and a great guy. Joe's the most knowledgeable shop guy I've ever met and couldn't be nicer. If you're ever up Roanoke way, I'll introduce you to my friends at Milan. Best have a padlock on your wallet, though

Welcome!
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Young Puffer Fish

Yeah, Joe is the Godfather of pipes and cigars in Blacksburg. He always sends me in the right direction for a great smoke, at a great price point. I haven't had the chance to go to Roanoke ever, but I looked up the site and they looked very promising. Any word on their in house pipe tobaccos?

Disinterested

I haven't tried too many, but their 100th Anniversary blend was awesome. The pipe guys I talk to are very positve about them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Squints View Post
    Yeah, Joe is the Godfather of pipes and cigars in Blacksburg. He always sends me in the right direction for a great smoke, at a great price point. I haven't had the chance to go to Roanoke ever, but I looked up the site and they looked very promising. Any word on their in house pipe tobaccos?

Maturing Puffer Fish

Welcome, this board helped me greatly when I started smoking a pipe and still provides help to this day

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to the pipe side of puff!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix