Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Recent convert

This is a discussion on Recent convert within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I have like cigars for a long time, but kept it as an occasional luxury due to the cost. Recently ...

Newbie in the ocean

Recent convert

I have like cigars for a long time, but kept it as an occasional luxury due to the cost. Recently I decided to try pipe tobacco again after several years, and I think I'm hooked. The first time I tried a pipe, I just got some random tobacco from the drug store and didn't see the point--hot and flavorless. This time I did some research, and I'm already hooked on English blends. They actually have flavor! Do many cigar smokers gravitate towards English blends?

Anyway, glad to find a more affordable luxury. Soon I hope to find a nice pipe that I like. This Missouri meerschaum is acceptable, but feels too small in my hand.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Marlow's Avatar

Re: Recent convert

Welcome!

I am one cigar smoker who gravitates to english blends, although for me the type of tobacco I smoke is very much season based but english does fit every season for me, but it fits summertime the best.

Hello, and welcome!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

No longer a community member.

Roy! I'm a cigar smoker who enjoys English blends, but also really likes aromatics. For me, straight Virginias tend to be my least smoked blends.

I find that many cigar folks like English (I presume that you mean those with Latakia) blends - perhaps because they stand out as being so different from cigars. I started with them pretty much exclusively, but now I enjoy everything from OTCs to Burley and straight VA blends.

When it comes down to brass tacks though, one is most likely to find me enjoying a VaPer on any particular day.

As to the nicer pipes, consider an estate pipe from sites like Pulvers briar, smokingpipes, or the like. I have only 1 briar that I purchased new, and 3 estate pipes. You get a really good bang for your buck with them.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar