Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Newbie Mistakes and Suggestions courtesy of a Newb!

This is a discussion on Newbie Mistakes and Suggestions courtesy of a Newb! within the New Puffer Fish Forum forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Great information, and I will definitely keep it in mind when I'm shopping around. Craig ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- I've got a great ...

Re: Newbie Mistakes and Suggestions courtesy of a Newb!

Great information, and I will definitely keep it in mind when I'm shopping around.

Craig

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em. - Ron White

"The Cigar & Pipe Kid" donovanrichardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WyldKnyght View Post
    Great information, and I will definitely keep it in mind when I'm shopping around.

Craig
    Thanks Craig, more than happy to help! Feel free to PM me if I can do anything else for you!
    New cigar smokers, check out this thread: http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/new-pu...tesy-newb.html

Puffer Fish with some spikes

This is exactly what i needed to read. I feel so overwhelmed as a newb. I guess my best bet is to go to a local shop. Everytime i see a sampler online i look up reviews for the cigars it contains and i back out. Usually its half good ones and half bad ones. Im gonn try the five packs out instead, smoke one and stash the rest. Thanks for the info!

Great advice. I wish I would have been smart enough to look around for an online community sooner. I've been smoking for about a year now and this is great advise. Just about every point on here is something I learned the hard way. I've been keeping a journal of the sticks that I smoke and one thing that I would add is if you are new try to find a template to help you. The sheet I use is found on Stogie Review and is one that a friend passed along to me and helped me to establish a flow to my reviews. This isn't the only one out there so if you don't like the format look around until you find a format you like.

Good smoking!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by l330n View Post
    This is exactly what i needed to read. I feel so overwhelmed as a newb. I guess my best bet is to go to a local shop. Everytime i see a sampler online i look up reviews for the cigars it contains and i back out. Usually its half good ones and half bad ones. Im gonn try the five packs out instead, smoke one and stash the rest. Thanks for the info!
    Glad you enjoyed it and found it helpful! Don't get me wrong, some samplers have some very nice sticks but things found on CI and a couple other places just aren't what they are all cracked up to be. Age plays a HUGE part in a smoke, try it out my man!
    New cigar smokers, check out this thread: http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/new-pu...tesy-newb.html

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Easy View Post
    Great advice. I wish I would have been smart enough to look around for an online community sooner. I've been smoking for about a year now and this is great advise. Just about every point on here is something I learned the hard way. I've been keeping a journal of the sticks that I smoke and one thing that I would add is if you are new try to find a template to help you. The sheet I use is found on Stogie Review and is one that a friend passed along to me and helped me to establish a flow to my reviews. This isn't the only one out there so if you don't like the format look around until you find a format you like.

Good smoking!
    That template you attached it awesome Josh! I've never seen something like that but that's really cool, excellent advice and a great link for new cigar smokers. I wish I would have had something like this. Great to hear that you are keeping a long as well Josh. Thanks for checking out the thread my good sir and welcome to Puff!

Glad to help out. I'm glad that I've found a community out there that can help to support us that are just getting started. And any way I can give back is a plus. I appreciate the positive feedback on the form. I wasn't sure if it would come through since I'm a newbie to the site. Take care and I'm sure I'll be talking to you again in the future. Later.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Easy View Post
    Glad to help out. I'm glad that I've found a community out there that can help to support us that are just getting started. And any way I can give back is a plus. I appreciate the positive feedback on the form. I wasn't sure if it would come through since I'm a newbie to the site. Take care and I'm sure I'll be talking to you again in the future. Later.
    Absolutely Josh, you are more than welcome here my man! This forum is absolutely fantastic! Sure, I'm spending a lot more money than I ever thought I would lol, but I know where to spend it thanks to talking with BOTLs on this forum and everything.

When you meet the requirements, be sure to shoot me a PM if you ever need anything Josh, take care!

Awesome must read, i think we all need reminded once in a while of the expensive mistakes we make or can make

Quote Originally Posted by muddy View Post
    Awesome must read, i think we all need reminded once in a while of the expensive mistakes we make or can make
    Thanks Mickey, I appreciate the kind words. I certainly can't take all of the credit at all for this thread. I had a lot of great BOTLs chime in and add some awesome information. Glad you liked it!

Thanks for the info a good read for this newb!

I will definitely try 5 pack samples from now on and thanks for the great read!!

Quote Originally Posted by netspec View Post
    I will definitely try 5 pack samples from now on and thanks for the great read!!
    Morning Leon! Glad you enjoyed the thread and I hope you found it useful. I still have to remember some of these things when I'm shopping around smoking cigars! It's a slippery slope my friend but enjoy it, it's truly an awesome hobby and past time to enjoy!

Newbie in the ocean

I-pad no flash puffer fish drowning in forum ocean. Help! Going down and not in a good way. How do you navigate around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nesto View Post
    I-pad no flash puffer fish drowning in forum ocean. Help! Going down and not in a good way. How do you navigate around here?
    I've never looked at Puff via I-pad! I know you don't need Flash Player to run any of this though.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast