Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Newbie Mistakes and Suggestions courtesy of a Newb!

This is a discussion on Newbie Mistakes and Suggestions courtesy of a Newb! within the New Puffer Fish Forum forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Great post! Thanks for the words of wisdom. Definitely will try the 5-pack thing, but I have to admit, it's ...

Re: Newbie Mistakes and Suggestions courtesy of a Newb!

Great post! Thanks for the words of wisdom. Definitely will try the 5-pack thing, but I have to admit, it's so tempting to build up a huge stash. I mean, cigars in a humidor... the only thing prettier is a lit cigar with a gorgeous ash and of course, my wife.

No longer a community member.

Wow, definately glad I found this thread, thanks for taking the time to post this and help further the education of us newbies. I really like the log book idea, as I have found my memory isn't all that great and it can be dificult to remember exactly which cigar I liked and didn't like or the reasons why.

Maturing Puffer Fish dougdog76861's Avatar

thank you a great post for a newbie like me

Full grown Puffer Fish wahoofever's Avatar

This thread goes well with the advice from veterans thread.

I have found one cigar that I like a lot and have smoked 2 of the four vitolas offered. It is also offered in two wrappers and I have smoked one of the vitolas in both wrappers. So out of 8 possible cigars I have had 3. I'm thinking I should try the other 5 and keep the education going.

"The Cigar & Pipe Kid" donovanrichardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wahoofever View Post
    This thread goes well with the advice from veterans thread.

I have found one cigar that I like a lot and have smoked 2 of the four vitolas offered. It is also offered in two wrappers and I have smoked one of the vitolas in both wrappers. So out of 8 possible cigars I have had 3. I'm thinking I should try the other 5 and keep the education going.
    Thanks Robert!

Definitely try out different wrappers and blends. Also, with changing seasons, I find myself liking different blends. I prefer a heavier blend in the cooler months and something more mellow and medium bodied in the hot, summer months!

Keep smoking and thanks for stopping by the thread!
    New cigar smokers, check out this thread: http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/new-pu...tesy-newb.html

Thanks Donovan and all who help us noobs.

Being an old Derelict (pharte), I feel the need to read your original post more than a couple times. It truely helps keep me on a path, just not sure which one, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Thanks Donovan and all who help us noobs.

Being an old Derelict (pharte), I feel the need to read your original post more than a couple times. It truely helps keep me on a path, just not sure which one, yet.
    Bruce, you are too kind my friend! Don't worry about being kind of intimidated about stepping into the world of cigars. There's nothing to be afraid of and around here, the people are always friendly and considerate and I have learned immense amount of knowledge about cigars and the industry!

Happy smoking brother!
    New cigar smokers, check out this thread: http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/new-pu...tesy-newb.html

drl

Great info and advice here - thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by drl View Post
    Great info and advice here - thanks very much.
    You are more than welcome Dave! Welcome to the forums and feel free to ask me or any of the other great guys here questions!

Maturing Puffer Fish

This is great. I figured I'd be getting made fun of here for liking flavored cigars but I just think of these being a gateway onto bigger and better things!! Nice post.

Quote Originally Posted by xBOBxSAGETx View Post
    This is great. I figured I'd be getting made fun of here for liking flavored cigars but I just think of these being a gateway onto bigger and better things!! Nice post.
    Flavored cigars (specifically by Drew Estate [Acid, Tabak Especial, Isla del Sol, etc]) are really quite good, in my opinion.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -Benjamin Franklin
    http://www.imagekind.com/artists/nealw6971

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by nealw6971 View Post
    Flavored cigars (specifically by Drew Estate [Acid, Tabak Especial, Isla del Sol, etc]) are really quite good, in my opinion.
    I usually grab the CAO Flavours or Tatianas! I've noticed that the Tatianas are more focused on flavor than tobacco quality though!! Waking Dreams are still great!!

God, I violated so many of these guidelines! Live & learn, I guess.

A Blondie or Kuba Kuba are good infused smokes to change things up every once in a while!!!
    With all this excitement, I don't know if I smoked 5 cigars or 6 cigars!!! Being that a 44 gauge can blow your head clean off, Do You Feel Lucky Punk!!

Newbie in the ocean

I love the last words of wisdom
    I have a lot of 90+ rated cigars in my humidor
    But at the end of a day my favorite everyday cigar is an el cheapo
    There called San Antonio Sweets from Thompson…. I find them
    Very nice at the end of a hard day.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast