Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Newbie Mistakes and Suggestions courtesy of a Newb!

This is a discussion on Newbie Mistakes and Suggestions courtesy of a Newb! within the New Puffer Fish Forum forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; ...

Re: Newbie Mistakes and Suggestions courtesy of a Newb!

good work making your first post in a sticky thread that is for noobs, by noobs. It is cool to see a guy come in here and head straight to the good stuff. Welcome to the forum, glad to have you!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyP View Post
    I love the last words of wisdom
    I have a lot of 90+ rated cigars in my humidor
    But at the end of a day my favorite everyday cigar is an el cheapo
    There called San Antonio Sweets from Thompsonů. I find them
    Very nice at the end of a hard day.

Newbie in the ocean

I was reading a different thread where someone did there first post and it linked them to this section, and its always a good idea to read the rules

Thank you for the welcome

"The Cigar & Pipe Kid" donovanrichardson's Avatar

Glad you are enjoying the thread! I too have plenty of top shelf cigars but I sure do love a couple of four and five dollar cigars. I know they are consistent and great!
    New cigar smokers, check out this thread: http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/new-pu...tesy-newb.html

thank you for the info! very informative...i will stick to the sampler packs for a while

U say Liga I say Privada dragonhead08's Avatar

Even long time smokers can benefit from this stickie. Great write up.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonhead08 View Post
    Even long time smokers can benefit from this stickie. Great write up.
    Thank you Fred! Glad you enjoyed it my friend, happy smoking!
    New cigar smokers, check out this thread: http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/new-pu...tesy-newb.html

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Quietville's Avatar

Love this post! I just re-read it because I have the tendency to skim lengthy posts, but I'm glad I did. I was thinking about keeping a log, but now I definitely have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietville View Post
    Love this post! I just re-read it because I have the tendency to skim lengthy posts, but I'm glad I did. I was thinking about keeping a log, but now I definitely have to.
    Thanks a lot Brandon! Yeah there is a lot too it. It's been a few months since I have redone any of this and it might even be time for a bit of an update perhaps, not sure though!

Puffer Fish with some spikes LLave's Avatar

Thank you for taking the time to write this up for guys like me.

Newbie in the ocean

Nice post, heaps of good information, and reiterates alot of the sentiments behind why I joined this forum and not another.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish drb124's Avatar

Very informative post! I am in law school, so I have even less money than you, ha. And yes Cbid is like crack. Easy to start, oh so hard to stop

ast
    Newbie in the ocean

I've made ALL the mistakes OP mentioned!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Great write up. Wish this was there before I started smoking.

I would like to add is to always have a budget. It helps you control your purchases and because of the budget you automatically priorities your cigar buys.
    Meaning you wouldn't buy a cigar and realise you wanted something else and now you have to wait.

Young Fish

This is excellent! I just read through it, and you are spot on throughout the entire post.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Ishtar's Avatar

This thread is Awesome! It's so great that with no navigational experience this is 1 of the 1st things that a newbie finds. Also, I 2nd what DIllinger said... I have always said that my favorite aspect of cigars is that the hobby itself transcends & supercedes all would-be barriers -- race, age, gender, social class, religion, political affiliation, etc. However, while searching for an online community, much to my dismay I've found that, although this has been my experience with lounges & face-2-face herfs, sadly it is not the case online. The internet is reprehensibly filled with elitist, bigoted cigar snobs. I'm so appreciative that I have finally stumbled across a place that is not.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast