Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Greetings!

This is a discussion on Greetings! within the New Puffer Fish Forum forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; Greetings Everyone! As a new member, I thought I should greet myself to everyone on here. I'm somewhat new to ...

Newbie in the ocean

Greetings!

Greetings Everyone!

As a new member, I thought I should greet myself to everyone on here. I'm somewhat new to smoking a cigar. I've started smoking cigars about 5 years ago. However, due to the cost of cigars I haven't really been able to smoke too many. Still venturing off into this whole cigar world and things are still overwhelming for me.

My absolute favorite brand that I've tried thus far is Padron. I have tried pretty much every Padron cigars and loved every one of them. The only one I haven't tried yet is the 1926 80 Anniversary which I'm dying to try out. Maybe some day I'll get around to trying this out if I ever muster up the courage to spend $30 on the stick!

I just recently got into thinking of buying a humidor and I thought that this was a good opportunity to join the forum and learn more about cigars in general. Hopefully, all of you will guide me well and put up with maybe a stupid question here and there as I am still a noob.

Young Fish

Re: Greetings!

Welcome.
    I'm new as well, but you are way ahead of me-haven't made it to the Padron line yet. Keep hearing great things about them.
    Enjoy

Newbie in the ocean

Thanks!! Welcome to you as well!!

I know that the taste is subjective, but you should definitely give the Padron a try. From the ones I've tried, all of their cigars were amazing. I was actually recommended this cigar brand by my brother and this is what got me hooked. I've tried cigars in the past and never really liked it. I haven't tried too many different types of cigars yet. I probably only tried about 20 brands so far on which I don't even remember half the name to. If you have anything you would like to recommend, fire away!! I'm always in search of a good cigar!!

No longer a community member.

Welcome.

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by huskers View Post
    Welcome.
    Thank you!!

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Albert,

Welcome aboard! I have been smoking pipes and cigars for about 40 years and have learned a ton of new stuff here. The people are friendly and helpful. Read all the threads you can and you will be amazed at the knowledge here. There are no stupid questions. We were all new smokers at some point. So if you have a question, just ask. Again, welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do.

Michael

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    Albert,

Welcome aboard! I have been smoking pipes and cigars for about 40 years and have learned a ton of new stuff here. The people are friendly and helpful. Read all the threads you can and you will be amazed at the knowledge here. There are no stupid questions. We were all new smokers at some point. So if you have a question, just ask. Again, welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do.

Michael
    Great!! Thank you! I will probably be asking around a lot!!

I'm totally serious, dude B-daddy's Avatar

Padron, huh? Well, if you're going to smoke just one brand, you could definitely do worse. Give some of the Fuentes a try. Or maybe some of the Tatuajes or somethig from Drew Estate.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum.
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?" -- Steven Wright

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by B-daddy View Post
    Padron, huh? Well, if you're going to smoke just one brand, you could definitely do worse. Give some of the Fuentes a try. Or maybe some of the Tatuajes or somethig from Drew Estate.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum.
    Thanks!! I'll enjoy the forum and I already am! Getting tons of good information from you guys!! Well, Padrons are my favorite brand, but I've tried Fuentes, Cohiba, CAO, Romeo Y Julietta, Gurkha, Nub, and a whole bunch more... However, I haven't tried (or at least I think) Tatuajes or Drew Estate. Maybe I'll try it this weekend. Any particular you recommend me trying from those brands?

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

If you are going to try a Tatuajes may I recommend the Fausto?

Tatuaje has quickly become one of the most popular brands available. Launched by Pete Johnson, the buyer for the Grand Havana Room, everything bearing the Tatuaje name seems to skyrocket to the top of the ratings.

For Fausto, Tatuaje is flexing their proverbial muscles and offering you their fullest blend to date. Draped in a silky smooth Ecuadorian Habano Maduro, Fausto hits you with some spice right in the beginning. As the blend progresses, the spice subsides yet the power lingers. Dashes of cedar, espresso, and earth make up the primary flavors with an undertone of spice on the finish. This is not your everyday cigar, yet, a cigar perfect for those special occasions. And with the strength of this cigar, make sure those specials occasions come with food. You'll need to smoke this cigar with a full stomach…

Puffer Fish with many spikes RayJax's Avatar

Hello Albert and Welcome to Puff!

Nothing wrong with Padrons. I always have some on hand!

To get your hands on some other brands you can participate in the Noobie Sampler Trade and Noob Pay it Forward. You can really have some fun in those two threads!

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    If you are going to try a Tatuajes may I recommend the Fausto?

Tatuaje has quickly become one of the most popular brands available. Launched by Pete Johnson, the buyer for the Grand Havana Room, everything bearing the Tatuaje name seems to skyrocket to the top of the ratings.

For Fausto, Tatuaje is flexing their proverbial muscles and offering you their fullest blend to date. Draped in a silky smooth Ecuadorian Habano Maduro, Fausto hits you with some spice right in the beginning. As the blend progresses, the spice subsides yet the power lingers. Dashes of cedar, espresso, and earth make up the primary flavors with an undertone of spice on the finish. This is not your everyday cigar, yet, a cigar perfect for those special occasions. And with the strength of this cigar, make sure those specials occasions come with food. You'll need to smoke this cigar with a full stomach…
    I will definitely try it out and follow your advice on this!

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by RayJax View Post
    Hello Albert and Welcome to Puff!

Nothing wrong with Padrons. I always have some on hand!

To get your hands on some other brands you can participate in the Noobie Sampler Trade and Noob Pay it Forward. You can really have some fun in those two threads!
    I'll definitely try it out once i get some room in my humidor. I recently ordered a cigar sampler from Cigar Advisor. I get 12 different brands of cigars for $19.99. Hopefully these will turn out to be good!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

WELCOME TO PUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix