Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

New guy here!

This is a discussion on New guy here! within the New Puffer Fish Forum forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; 22 year old from NY with a growing interest in cigars and this cigar lifestyle. Just bought my first humidor ...

Cigar And Exhaust Smoke DragonBreath's Avatar

New guy here!

22 year old from NY with a growing interest in cigars and this cigar lifestyle. Just bought my first humidor and currently seasoning it. Have about 25 cigars waiting to get in there and begin aging. Wasn't too thrilled with the humidifier that came with my humidor so I did a little (a ton) of researching and decided to go with some heartfelt beads. Bought a large tube for my setup and can't wait for it to arrive. Would still like to hear more about them if anyone is using them so please comment on them if you can. Anyways, pretty excited to be a part of this forum!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Cremeika's Avatar

Re: New guy here!

Welcome to puff and there is a good amount (a ton) of information to keep you headed in the right direction on cigar selection humidor prep etc etc.

Go Yankees!

Young Fish

Welcome to Puff! Never used the beads since boveda packs have worked well for me, but I've heard good things.

Air

Welcome to Puff and the cigar world as a whole. You will find that this website has a lot to teach you! Again Welcome!

I'm totally serious, dude B-daddy's Avatar

Hey, Moe!!! (Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck) Sorry, bro. Just had to do it. Welcome to Puff! Plenty of Puffers here have used/use HFbeads. Do a quick search and you'll find a few threads.
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?" -- Steven Wright

Maturing Puffer Fish

I've had good luck with the HF beads. Also have some Boveda packs and they work well too. Seems to be differences of opinion about how best to re-charge when the beads become dry. I don't really have enough experience to know which "camp" has it right, but for me the plastic syringe HF sells works well, I try to add small amounts of water at a time.

Welcome to Puff!!

Cigar And Exhaust Smoke DragonBreath's Avatar

Thanks for all the welcomes guys! Just calibrated my hygrometer and popped it back inside my humidor. Going to check it when I get back home in the morning. If it's at 70% I'll drop my cigars in. I wiped down the inside of my humidor with some distilled water so hopefully I should be good to go. The beads seem to work well with indirect water absorption (from what I read at least). Just going to wet a paper towel and let them sit on it til they absorb the water.

Puffer Fish with many spikes RayJax's Avatar

Hello Moe and Welcome to PUFF!

Puffer Fish with many spikes Nature's Avatar

Welcome Moe!
    Sounds like you're off to a great start.
    Lots of good help here; Dive right in!

Young Puffer Fish

Greetings! have fun

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

WELCOME TO PUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix