Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Why didn't I start smoking when I lived in Miami?

This is a discussion on Why didn't I start smoking when I lived in Miami? within the New Puffer Fish Forum forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; I grew up near Little Havana, and was never interested in cigars. Now I live in Michigan, and when I ...

Young Fish

Why didn't I start smoking when I lived in Miami?

I grew up near Little Havana, and was never interested in cigars. Now I live in Michigan, and when I went back down for winter break this year one of my friends asked me to scout out the factories for him. Now I have a habit; a Serie R Maduro smoked at the fruit market down the street from El Credito, with a colada in the other hand, in February, will do that. Beautiful scenery.

My tasting notes right now list about 20 sticks, so far my favorites are the Serie R No. 4, the Romeo Robusto by Romeo y Julieta, and the La Abeja Robusto. Liked the Alec Bradley Filthy Hooligan as well, but it make me pretty dizzy. And some unbanded maduros and colorados I got from Santiago Cabana's shop on Calle Ocho... I have to go back home to get more.

This is bad...

Re: Why didn't I start smoking when I lived in Miami?

While I only live a short distance from Calle Ocho, maybe 30 minutes away, I feel like that area is set up for tourists. Try looking online for the cigars you like online.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    While I only live a short distance from Calle Ocho, maybe 30 minutes away, I feel like that area is set up for tourists. Try looking online for the cigars you like online.
    Oh, yeah, no doubt online buying is the plan. I have to disagree with you on Calle Ocho being set up for tourists, like I said I lived near there my whole life and that's how it really is. Sure, some of the cigar shops are a bit upscale but the last one I mentioned isn't one of them... check it out. North side of SW 8th Street at 58th Ave. 3 bucks a stick and IMO better than a lot of big-name stuff that sells online for more.

No longer a community member.

to Puff! Miami to Michigan? That's a hell of a transition.

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    to Puff! Miami to Michigan? That's a hell of a transition.
    Thanks! Yeah, it's taken a while to learn to like winter.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

WELCOME TO PUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Young Puffer Fish Clevelandpoet's Avatar

welcome! I grew up in Hialeah before moving to Cleveland almost 10 years ago. I often ask myself how/why I didn't start with cigars when I lived down there. lol
    “There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.” ― Vincent van Gogh

Puffer Fish with many spikes RayJax's Avatar

Welcome to Puff! The Series R is a great stick!