Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Smoked my first Gurkha

This is a discussion on Smoked my first Gurkha within the New Puffer Fish Forum forums, part of the The Cigar Lounges at Puff category; it was a ghost .I was fishin and it was windy so I don't know if I was breathing the ...

Smoked my first Gurkha

it was a ghost .I was fishin and it was windy so I don't know if I was breathing the smoke and getting harshness on my throat from that

I cant remember what it tasted like had to many beers in my belly , however it was the big one so next time Ill try the smaller one ring and sit down and relax , they had 2 rings at my abc liquior humidor, anyway im willing to try others I don't care if they say bad reviews about gurkha ill just see what everyone says is the best one then try one, I think it was the private cellar I could be wrong anyone know ?

Re: Smoked my first Gurkha

Welcome, Mike!
    Gurkha has a few well-reputed sticks and the Ghost is one of them. I haven't tried one myself yet though. I like the Park Avenues, both connecticut and maduro, and I didn't find the Blue Steel too bad but I wouldn't miss a destist appointment to get another one.

Thanks Bruck thats it the park ave I was reading about that one thanks ,what does b&m stand for ? and botL ?

Brick & Mortar as in retail Cigar shop. BOTL-Brothers Of The Leaf.

ok thanks never would have guessed never heard of brick and mortar

Hey Bruck one more ?what does rott stand for ? I see puffers say smoked them when delivered and they say rott.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Just1ce's Avatar

ROTT means right off the truck.

Generally when a cigar has traveled through the mail and not been in a controlled environment you will want to let it acclimate to your humidor prior to smoking it as the changes during delivery tend to have a negative effect on the flavor and burn.

It sounds like you had the cellar reserve which I have heard mixed reviews of. I can personally vouch for the park avenue connecticut and the ghost as being solid smokes. The ancient warrior is pretty good too if you can find one that has a decent draw.

The Gurkhas I didn't care for at all were the Sherpa cafe, Empire I, Red Steel, and I have had mixed experiences with the Master Select (smoked two, one was terrible, one was decent).

Young Puffer Fish

Ehh, i used to smoke a few Gurkha's, nothing wrong with them in my opinion, i just found sticks that i like more and started smoking those

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

HELLO AND WELCOME TO PUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Maturing Puffer Fish

welcome Mike

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I've smoked a bunch of different Gurkhas not a big fan but one that I do enjoy is the cellar reserve. But Gurkha has so many different sticks I'm sure there's more good ones out there.

Newbie in the ocean

I picked up three Titan XOs on cbid about a year ago. Smoked one after a few weeks in the humi. After about ten or fifteen minutes the wrapper split clear down to the band and the thing swelled up at the cherry so that it looked like a weird giant figurado. Smoked the second one last night and the same thing happened. I may try a few in their normal sizes. But, not a great first impression.

One of the staff at the local cigar lounge got me started on the Ghurka line a couple of months ago. I like em' and take a couple home every week along with my other favorites.