Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Davidoff Robusto Intenso 2005 Review

This is a discussion on Davidoff Robusto Intenso 2005 Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; I've been posting reviews over in the Habanos section and haven't got around to posting reviews here, but this is ...

I'm Robert in Coppell RobinCoppell's Avatar

Davidoff Robusto Intenso 2005 Review

I've been posting reviews over in the Habanos section and haven't got around to posting reviews here, but this is a very special cigar so I'll do my best. I don't have my camera and I apologize because this is a beautiful cigar.

My cigar shop forgot about these and found 5-6 10 count boxes when they were doing a bit of house cleaning. This cigar at 5x52 is bigger than I normally smoke as I tend to like anything from a 38 ring guage up to a 46 to 50. I made an exception because, to me, Davidoffs smoke well young and are very very good w/ a bit of age, and on top of that I've heard many good things about this cigar.

As with most Davidoffs the construction was not good, not great but simply perfect. It cut well and the prelight was of aged tobacco with a bit of cedar, the wrapper was beautiful and the cap round, the bunch looked good and the cigar very firm.

It was pretty quick to light, but as with anything 50rg or higher took a bit of work with the lighter. The first tastes were very refined and I could tell this was well aged Dominican tobacco and had a lot of cedar.

As I smoked down the burn was razor sharp and the cigar became much more refined and complex. It had a very refined spice and was creamy and very earthy. IMO Dominican tobacco at it's very best, this continued for the length of the cigar.

I'm not sure if it's worth the $15 paid, but I can say I've certainly smoked worse $15 Dominican cigars. I think I even like these better than most OpusX that I've smoked. I'd love to see if my Davidoff 2006 LE Robustos come along as well as these. This is very full bodied for a Davidoff and rates high among my favorites (Millinium, Special R, Special T, etc)

GAW

Re: Davidoff Robusto Intenso 2005

Nice review - I finished my last of the box a few weeks ago and wished I had bought 2 boxes.Simply a great Dominican cigar IMO! Jerry
    "Many men go fishing their entire lives without knowing it is not fish they are after." Henry David Thoreau

I had two Robusto Intensos, and alas, they are no more. They were wonderful, exactly as you described.

I am hoping that my new haul of 2007 Davidoff LE Puro Robustos hit the 2005 mark, and then some. They certainly look, feel, and smell the part. At 18.50, my hopes are high for a knockout! Maybe Ill smoke one this weekend and post my thoughts.

An Old Retired Wiseguy! JohnnyFlake's Avatar

Smile Re: Davidoff Robusto Intenso 2005

Can you share the ID of your vendor? If they have 5 or 6 boxes (10 Count), I'd like to call them and see if I can purchase any. I'll use you as a referral, if that's okay! PM information if you can.

Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCoppell View Post
    I've been posting reviews over in the Habanos section and haven't got around to posting reviews here, but this is a very special cigar so I'll do my best. I don't have my camera and I apologize because this is a beautiful cigar.

My cigar shop forgot about these and found 5-6 10 count boxes when they were doing a bit of house cleaning. This cigar at 5x52 is bigger than I normally smoke as I tend to like anything from a 38 ring guage up to a 46 to 50. I made an exception because, to me, Davidoffs smoke well young and are very very good w/ a bit of age, and on top of that I've heard many good things about this cigar.

As with most Davidoffs the construction was not good, not great but simply perfect. It cut well and the prelight was of aged tobacco with a bit of cedar, the wrapper was beautiful and the cap round, the bunch looked good and the cigar very firm.

It was pretty quick to light, but as with anything 50rg or higher took a bit of work with the lighter. The first tastes were very refined and I could tell this was well aged Dominican tobacco and had a lot of cedar.

As I smoked down the burn was razor sharp and the cigar became much more refined and complex. It had a very refined spice and was creamy and very earthy. IMO Dominican tobacco at it's very best, this continued for the length of the cigar.

I'm not sure if it's worth the $15 paid, but I can say I've certainly smoked worse $15 Dominican cigars. I think I even like these better than most OpusX that I've smoked. I'd love to see if my Davidoff 2006 LE Robustos come along as well as these. This is very full bodied for a Davidoff and rates high among my favorites (Millinium, Special R, Special T, etc)

My cigar shop forgot about these and found 5-6 10 count boxes when they were doing a bit of house cleaning.
    Actually I'd like to get my hands on a few more boxes of these, mind sharing yoru source?
    Look for the book on iTunes and Amazon starting Jan 9, 2012!
    Web: http://www.addydaauthor.com, Twitter : @Addy_da_Author

I'm Robert in Coppell RobinCoppell's Avatar

It's a local cigar shop, Up in Smoke in Irving, TX

972-556-0115, they do ship. Ask for Holly or Dena.

An Old Retired Wiseguy! JohnnyFlake's Avatar

It's a local cigar shop, Up in Smoke in Irving, TX

972-556-0115, they do ship. Ask for Holly or Dena.
    I called and spoke with Dena. They are all gone, except for two sticks which they are holding for locals. I can understand that!

Johnny