Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 53

Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

This is a discussion on Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Originally Posted by carbonbased_al How it is a review? Or a cigar related topic? All this person is saying is ...

  
  1. #16

    CS Noob Ambassador


     

    Re: Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

    Quote Originally Posted by carbonbased_al View Post
    How it is a review? Or a cigar related topic? All this person is saying is "look at what I did at my site" and using the popularity of CS to channel members over there. There is nothing of substance in that post, just a link! I don't mind when people post videos from other places, but take the time to write up a review. Dr Stogie Fresh is a good example, he actually posts content along with links, not just "visit my site" .
    Agreed, while Stogie Fresh and I knock heads now and then, he posts content here. Since we don't host video on CS, I would like it more if he said Hey we reviewed such and such in a video review. Give a brief synopsis of how they felt about the cigar, and then something like, for the full video review go to blahblah.com\cigar

    Just one line shilling your website is not a review
    Oderint Dum Metuant!
    They shall all drown in lakes of blood, now they will know why they fear the dark, now they will learn why they fear the night!

  2. #17

    Maturing Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

    I have never meant any disrepect nor would I use this forum to just promote my site. I provide this reviews because I enjoy doing them. I do have my own forums nor do I plan on having them. Also the point of what I did is a video based review, I don't do a written review with them. Not sure if that will change or not.

    If the mods don't want me to do a direct post like this, then I will have no problem stopping. Just wanted to share something that I have done.

    Thanks!
    Justin, web developer
    Las VegASH TV

  3. #18

    Maturing Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMac View Post
    Agreed, while Stogie Fresh and I knock heads now and then, he posts content here. Since we don't host video on CS, I would like it more if he said Hey we reviewed such and such in a video review. Give a brief synopsis of how they felt about the cigar, and then something like, for the full video review go to blahblah.com\cigar

    Just one line shilling your website is not a review
    Thanks for the advice. I will remember that next time.
    Justin, web developer
    Las VegASH TV

  4. #19

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

    Quote Originally Posted by shrtcrt View Post
    I have never meant any disrepect nor would I use this forum to just promote my site. I provide this reviews because I enjoy doing them. I do have my own forums nor do I plan on having them. Also the point of what I did is a video based review, I don't do a written review with them. Not sure if that will change or not.

    If the mods don't want me to do a direct post like this, then I will have no problem stopping. Just wanted to share something that I have done.

    Thanks!
    Nothing wrong with what you posted.

    Might consider putting a little background in the post vs just the link. Typed words are like balm for the itchy monkeys here.

  5. #20

    Maturing Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
    Watched the video. Props for putting in the effort. You might consider smoking it a lil slower. Power puffin a cigar makes it hard to appreciate what it has to offer. Had to laugh a couple times. The coughing and pained expression on inhale. No offense intended. It's cool that you did something like this.
    Thanks! I have to try and smoke a bit slower at times. I had not done a video review for a little while, so it was rough!
    Justin, web developer
    Las VegASH TV

  6. #21

    Maturing Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
    Nothing wrong with what you posted.

    Might consider putting a little background in the post vs just the link. Typed words are like balm for the itchy monkeys here.
    Is it possible to edit my post? I don't see an edit button.
    Justin, web developer
    Las VegASH TV

  7. #22

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

    Quote Originally Posted by shrtcrt View Post
    Is it possible to edit my post? I don't see an edit button.
    Post it as a new post and I'll move it into the first one for you.

  8. #23

    Maturing Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

    Quote Originally Posted by smokinpoke View Post
    I have seen these at a local B&M and have been curious on how good they really are.

    From what I have heard and read Kinky Friedman is an avid cigar connoisseur and would not put his name on a bad product.

    As for the video review, I did not make it all the way through. In the future I would time lapse it and segment the cigar up 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 5/8's etc. This would give us about a five - seven minute video.
    Good idea. I have to figure out a good formula for the reviews and I like that idea. I may try that on my next one.
    Justin, web developer
    Las VegASH TV

  9. #24

    Smokin and Jokin gnukfu's Avatar


     

    Re: Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

    Quote Originally Posted by wh0re View Post
    Wow, you seemed to have overreacted a lot there gnukfu. This is a forum, for discussion, about various cigar related topics. This is a cigar related topic, even if it is on another site. It's not like people here are going to leave this forum and never come back because they visited another site. JMHO.
    My problem was with the term "Jewboy" - too much diversity training at work probably. I guess I should have been more clear about my issue. .

    I have no problem with their web site or the linking thing - as a matter of fact I think I gave him some RG when their first video was posted last week.
    [SIZE=3]George[/SIZE] - I'm getting married!, don't cry ladies!!


  10. #25

    CS Noob Ambassador


     

    Re: Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

    Refreshing to see someone take our gentle (and not so gentle ) nudges as the constructive criticism they are. Too often someone sees critical posts and goes into full on attack mode which brings out !
    Oderint Dum Metuant!
    They shall all drown in lakes of blood, now they will know why they fear the dark, now they will learn why they fear the night!

  11. #26

    Maturing Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

    Quote Originally Posted by gnukfu View Post
    My problem was with the term "Jewboy" - too much diversity training at work probably. I guess I should have been more clear about my issue. .

    I have no problem with their web site or the linking thing - as a matter of fact I think I gave him some RG when their first video was posted last week.
    At first I thought, what a strange name. I wonder if he does get any backlash for it. I never meant to offend anyone with the name of th cigar, I just smoked it to try something different. I know this are not available in Vegas and I think they are only available in Texas.
    Justin, web developer
    Las VegASH TV

  12. #27

    Maturing Puffer Fish


     

    Re: Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMac View Post
    Refreshing to see someone take our gentle (and not so gentle ) nudges as the constructive criticism they are. Too often someone sees critical posts and goes into full on attack mode which brings out !
    If you took the time to watch my review AND post a suggestion, I should at least read it and see if it helps. I appreciate ALL comments about the reviews. So keep them coming!
    Justin, web developer
    Las VegASH TV

  13. #28

    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes smokeyscotch's Avatar


     

    Re: Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

    I just wanted to applaud shrtcrt for the attitude and integrity he has shown under the gun in this thread. I know of people that have just left CS, or got into a heated "back and forth match". You have proved you have the heart to get along in The Jungle.


    gnukfu, if I had not known why Kinky named the cigar that, I might have been thrown off too.
    Tim


  14. #29

    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes


     

    Re: Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

    Thanks for the review. I smoked The Governor a couple months ago at one of his events and I was not impressed. I thought is was one dimensional at best.
    Ever wonder how a puffer fish keeps a cigar lit under water? Yeah me too!

  15. #30

    Smokin and Jokin gnukfu's Avatar


     

    Re: Kinky Friedman Texas Jewboy Video Review

    Quote Originally Posted by shrtcrt View Post
    At first I thought, what a strange name. I wonder if he does get any backlash for it. I never meant to offend anyone with the name of th cigar, I just smoked it to try something different. I know this are not available in Vegas and I think they are only available in Texas.
    I know you didn't name it. Just rubbed me the wrong way when I saw the name and you were the closest target - sorry bout that. Usually I will wait a bit before posting or e-mailing anything critical just to make sure my criticism is rational. I was too hyped up on caffeine first thing in the morning.
    [SIZE=3]George[/SIZE] - I'm getting married!, don't cry ladies!!


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •