Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Hirsh y Garcia Robusto Review

This is a discussion on Hirsh y Garcia Robusto Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; I had my first Hirsh y Garcia last night. For those that do not know, this is a joint cigar ...

Hirsh y Garcia Robusto Review

I had my first Hirsh y Garcia last night. For those that do not know, this is a joint cigar project between the owner of Cigar King and Pepin.

I got this stick from a Cigar King Sampler thanks to Deucer's NST trade. Wow what a stick, it ought to be called Hershey Garcia, because that's what it tasted like, pure good ole coco.

I don't have any pictures for you this time, as it seems my phone's camera picture taking ability is getting worse and worse, so I don't bother.

The construction was perfect, the prelight draw was perfect. This was not a peppery stick, but nice a nice amount of spice and chocolate all the way to nubtown. My wife actually shared this with me (I say share, she probably had a good 10 puffs), and she was blown away. Ha ha, the wheels are turnin, "honey remember that cigar you really loved......".

I paired this with my favorite drink, a Kubler 53 Louche.

This cigar from start to finish was smooth, spicey, chocolatey, a little tang here and there, just pure pleasure.

I would highly recommend these to anyone. This is definitely on the med side of Pepin blends, which was guite refreshing, stomach churning pepper every day. I would easily buy a box or two, especially if they went on sale.

Leading Puffer Fish

Re: Hirsh y Garcia Robusto

[SIZE=3]Thanks for the review jkorp. Since the wife appears to like these sticks, maybe a box for Valentines Day? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

I am not a fish!

Damnit u bastage u made me look. They got a freekin Panatela size.(7x42)
    I guess I am going to have to take my sampler robusto to the miniherf to taste. OMG another box split.
    [SIZE=5]
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
    [SIZE=3]Thanks for the review jkorp. Since the wife appears to like these sticks, maybe a box for Valentines Day? [/SIZE]
    That's what I was thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
    Damnit u bastage u made me look. They got a freekin Panatela size.(7x42)
    I guess I am going to have to take my sampler robusto to the miniherf to taste. OMG another box split.
    Yeah Bob those Pans look incredible. I'd be down for at least a 5'er from a split, maybe a 10.

Can walk again.

Nice review! I love HyG. They are my favorite Pepin blend.

Puffer Fish with many spikes emelbee's Avatar

Haven't had the robusto, but like the coronas and panatelas a lot.
    "A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it."
    - G.K. Chesterton, Everlasting Man, 1925