Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CAO Soprano - Associate Review

This is a discussion on CAO Soprano - Associate Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; This was the last straw for CAO to redeem itself with me. I'm a huge Sopranos fan and figure why ...

No longer a community member.

CAO Soprano - Associate Review

This was the last straw for CAO to redeem itself with me. I'm a huge Sopranos fan and figure why the f not. Well, this stick started out very cedary with some rich and some rich cocoa notes. It became flat about 1/3 in and finished boring. I won't be buying this again, or any CAO for that matter.

I'm washing it down with a DPG black label Robusto.

CAO is dead to me.

Moo-ism translator, Esq

Re: CAO Soprano - Associate

Swimming with the fishes
    Reserved for future use....

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mostholycerebus's Avatar

Try the, ah.....what was the one stick they made that was good?

Oh, the brazillia and itallia are OK IFF you catch them at the right time. The rest are mediocre at best.
    No sane mortal is truly free, because true freedom is so terrible that only the mad or divine can face it with open eyes. - V.

Never been a huge CAO fan myself. The Sopranos series cigars were my last hope for the brand as well. So, it's disappointing to read this review.

No longer a community member.

That sounds about right. The only one I actually enjoyed was the brazilia.

Puffer Fish with many spikes weak_link's Avatar

My local B&M is going to have a hard time moving his giant Sopranos for $30 stick.

Nice review, too bad it was a waste of time not to mention on the expensive side.

Hot as a pistol but cool inside.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Darrell, when you're right, you're right. The only CAO I every enjoyed was a CAO Gold, and that was once. Every time I tried it after that was a disappointment. I can understand if a line of cigars I like occasionally has one that is off its game, but I'm not wasting money on a cigar that is occasionally on.

the first soprano i had was great love it every second of it. i had it in my humi for a year. so i went out and go a new one smoked it and it was alright needed more time. the same thing happen with the mx2 and the cx2. i dont like more than half of the cao's out right now.

Plus, it costs more than any other CAO stick because of the liscensing for the word "Soprano".

Possum on a gumbush! andrewsutherland2002's Avatar

I've got one in the humi simply because I'm a huge Sopranos fan. Don't know when I'll ever smoke it. It's been resting for about 4 months.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Volt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    This was the last straw for CAO to redeem itself with me. I'm a huge Sopranos fan and figure why the f not. Well, this stick started out very cedary with some rich and some rich cocoa notes. It became flat about 1/3 in and finished boring. I won't be buying this again, or any CAO for that matter.

I'm washing it down with a DPG black label Robusto.

CAO is dead to me.
    Two similiar threads on CAO in one day. Not looking good for the Italians.
    Friends don't let friends smoke fruity cigars!

Awaiting Confirmation

I am with you Darrell...I have yet to find a CAO worth buying ever again....

Nice review....

Puffer Fish with some spikes kugie's Avatar

The best CAO I have had is the Vision. Then The MX2
    Can't go wrong with them

[SIZE=6]GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
    "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria." Dr. P. Venkman

Totally agree about the Sopranos and the rest of the CAO crap that's out. I spent the $$ to buy a Soprano, aged it for a while, then when I finally torched it, it sucked. I've tried to bomb all the CAOs I ever get and dread when I'm bombed by one.

CAO, to me, is a boutique cigar that tries too hard and settles for mediocrity with their cigars. After the "black" dyed my fingers black for 3 days, I've thrown in the towel with this company.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

That's too bad this stick didn't save the day for you, especially since it costs so dang much. Your chaser was a nice choice however, so it's not all bad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast