Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Olor Fuerte, Robusto Review

This is a discussion on Olor Fuerte, Robusto Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Brand: Olor Fuerte Size: 5 x 50, Robusto Filler: Dominican/Nicaraguan/Brazilian Binder: Mexican Wrapper: Honduran Retail Price Paid: $3.75 Appearance: This ...

Thumbs down Olor Fuerte, Robusto Review

Brand: Olor Fuerte
    Size: 5 x 50, Robusto
    Filler: Dominican/Nicaraguan/Brazilian
    Binder: Mexican
    Wrapper: Honduran
    Retail Price Paid: $3.75

Appearance: This cigar had a naturally dark oily wrapper that showed some veins (toothy).

Construction: The cigar had no soft spots and seemed to be well rolled, less the loose cap. The burn was even and required no touch-ups. The draw was good with a fair amount of smoke and it held a good ash.

Flavor: It started off harsh and bitter then mellowed to a tolerable smoke with a slight spicy taste.

Value: IMHO not a very good smoke. I realize some smokers enjoy this cigar and maybe I just got a bad one but I can not in good faith recommend this stick.

Overall Smoking Experience: Not very enjoyable or pleasurable at all.

Re: Olor Fuerte, Robusto

Today is Fathers Day in Sweden. My wife was kind enough to take care of both our children (2.5 years and 2 weeks respectively) for a couple of hours so I could relax with a cigar outside on the porch (0 degrees Celsius today!).

I found this old thread I decided it was a good opportunity to compare with my own experience today.

The cigar was one of five Olor Fuerte Robustos I bought in a double 5 pack, together with R.P. Vintage 1990 Robustos, from Famous Smoke for $29.95.

The construction was good with a nice oily wrapper and the cap clipped without any problems. Draw was perfect, the foot was easy to light and the first blue smoke had a decent aroma. The burn was not straight but no touch-ups were required. Have a look at http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2099546060

First puffs were somewhat metallic and bitter but already after a few minutes the taste changed very much positively with strong tones of coffee, dry wood and a little burnt sugar sweetness.

After half of the cigar was smoked, some really good and typically Honduran maduro sweetness had grown stronger and gave the cigar a nice flavour change (I love cigars with dynamics!). Strength was medium to medium plus but taste was full all the way.

To wrap it up I really liked this cigar and what impressed me most is that it was so good without any aging. A cigar to enjoy right away!
    Last edited by Pyro; 11-12-2006 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Forgot to provide link to picture

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I have a Olor Fuerte sitting in the Humi right now. Glad i read of a better review haha. Think it's still good with age?

Oh and BTW that is a kickass ash tray, where did you get that?

Young Puffer Fish

I was also first exposed to this cigar in a sampler. I ended up buying a box of the robustos from Famous for $89 that also came with a free 50-75 count humidor and free shipping. It was a pretty damn good value.

I actually like these cigars (especially considering the value). They are incredibly well constructed, and they have a very good Nicaragua flavor. In my opinion, itís a great raking the leaves cigar or sitting by the fire pit cigar. Having said all of that, I canít say itís my favorite cigar, but itís pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by dalerobk View Post
    I actually like these cigars . I canít say itís my favorite cigar, but itís pretty good.
    And that's the bottom line...if you like 'em, you like 'em!

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankshot1101 View Post
    ...Oh and BTW that is a kickass ash tray, where did you get that?...
    Thanks, I really like it too! The agate ashtray is from Brasil. My father bought it there some 40 years ago.

I bought a 5 pack of Olor's from famous smoke about 8 months ago.....when I first smoked one of the Olor Fuerte I didnt really care for it. Now 8 months later I grabbed one from my humi and enjoyed it. I'm glad I kept them and didnt toss them . Not a bad smoke with a little bit of age on them.

Tried this one as part of a sampler I got. I have heard mixed reviews from people, but I was not impresses at all. Seems like it was rolled real tight, and the draw was not the easiest. After the initial light, flavor seemed very harsh. It did ease up a little, but over all not very enjoyable. For something manufactured in the Macanudo factory, this is nowhere near their taste or flavor. I would have reservations about recommending this cigar.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes wharfrathoss's Avatar

i smoked one about 2 1/2 yrs ago when i 1st started smoking-liked it then, can't speak for now
    There's nothing so bad in life that it can't be made worse by a lousy cigar.

Young Puffer Fish

Re: Olor Fuerte, Robusto Review

What a gem!!! This was part of a sampler... An in house cigar from famous smoke, this will go great with coffee... Easy draw, full taste, good ash and burn. Great flavor, going on the buy list, try it!!