Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Oro Cubano Anniversario Churchill Review

This is a discussion on Oro Cubano Anniversario Churchill Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Don't ask what possessed me to smoke one of these and do a review, maybe it was to entertain some ...

Possum on a gumbush! andrewsutherland2002's Avatar

Oro Cubano Anniversario Churchill Review

Don't ask what possessed me to smoke one of these and do a review, maybe it was to entertain some folks here at Club Stogie.
    Pre-light draw: not bad smooth draw, no flavors

Initial light: A strong taste of cardboard, nothing but cardboard.
    Attachment 18404
    First Third: Full flavor cardboard. Wait.... I think I detect a hint of burnt 12 year old Madagascar Vanilla... wait... no, just cardboard.

Paired this smoke with a Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat, so it saved my tastebuds.
    Attachment 18405
    Second Third: Now I taste cardboard and Cherries (thanks to the Sam Adams).

Final Third: Ran out of Sam Adams, so just cardboard.

I smoked a lot of this horrible smoke for you fellas in hopes that no one else will try one. Similar to a Cremosa, but not quite as bad. Here's my final pic.
    Attachment 18406
    One good thing about this smoke: It did have an even burn. Stayed even all the way down. I average 2 plus hours when smoking a churchill (rarely smoke them) but this one burned in 45 minutes (thank God)!
    I hope this review will serve as a warning for those of you even thinking of buying these from CI/C-bid. Beware!!!!!
    Last edited by andrewsutherland2002; 06-04-2008 at 04:17 PM.