Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

This year's Anejo's... Review

This is a discussion on This year's Anejo's... Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; ...

Will Work for Boli GM's.. Neuromancer's Avatar

This year's Anejo's... Review

Picked up a handful of Añejo #55's this weekend...had one tonight...it was great, and these are gonna get a lot better with 6-12 months age on them...
    There is as much water on Earth now as three billion years ago. While the amount of water has remained static, the amount of Tequila and Triple Sec available for making Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all.

Re: This year's Añejo's...

They seem to be scarcer this year. I think it maybe due to all the new releases.

It definately caused Anejo fever. If you get them this year cosider yourself a lucky one.
    Smoke-em if you got em

No longer a community member. carbonbased_al's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RPB67
    They seem to be scarcer this year. I think it maybe due to all the new releases.

It definately caused Anejo fever. If you get them this year cosider yourself a lucky one.
    True. Navydoc sent me one in a bomb that smoked just awesome (nubbed it) but I haven't found any in my local b&m's. Online prices are crazy too. Oh well, guess I just stick to my cubans then.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonbased_al
    True. Navydoc sent me one in a bomb that smoked just awesome (nubbed it) but I haven't found any in my local b&m's. Online prices are crazy too. Oh well, guess I just stick to my cubans then.

And is that so bad. Anejos are good but Cubans are better !
    Smoke-em if you got em

No longer a community member. carbonbased_al's Avatar

True. And mostly cheaper too.

Leading Puffer Fish

So I guess I screwed up when the tobacconist offered me the whole box of Anejo #55's . I bought 5 at the MSRP - didn't want to seem piggish . I didn't think they would be this hard to find . I heard that they come out again around Fathers Day . Is this true ?

Puffer Fish with many spikes JezterVA's Avatar

I've heard the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba -NJ
    I heard that they come out again around Fathers Day . Is this true ?
    Not this yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba -NJ
    So I guess I screwed up when the tobacconist offered me the whole box of Anejo #55's . I bought 5 at the MSRP - didn't want to seem piggish . I didn't think they would be this hard to find . I heard that they come out again around Fathers Day . Is this true ?
    You definately should have got the whole box ! Especially at MSRP.
    Smoke-em if you got em

Alpha Puffer Fish cameroncouch02's Avatar

My local B&M has two boxes so I feel lucky. Too bad 22 bucks a stick will keep me away.
    Basically a relationship will survive not based on how well you get along, but by how well you don’t get along. A couple is only as “strong” as how well the two individuals can deal with their weakest moments together.

Quote Originally Posted by cameroncouch02
    My local B&M has two boxes so I feel lucky. Too bad 22 bucks a stick will keep me away.

Not worth $22.00 a stick. Buy a box of Cubans.

Dam gougers !
    Smoke-em if you got em

kvm
    Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes kvm's Avatar

Asked about them at one of my local shops today that has the best selection of opus x in the city, but They said the last time they had any anejos was about a year and a half ago. They didn't receive any last Christmas so they don't expect they will be shipped any this year.
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

"The truly great are never deterred by the truth!" - Anon-y-mouse

Alpha Puffer Fish cameroncouch02's Avatar

Not worth $22.00 a stick. Buy a box of Cubans.

Dam gougers !

They are certified dealer too. Isn't that something.
    Basically a relationship will survive not based on how well you get along, but by how well you don’t get along. A couple is only as “strong” as how well the two individuals can deal with their weakest moments together.

Will Work for Boli GM's.. Neuromancer's Avatar

It's funny...the cigar store around the corner is a authorized fuente dealer and an authorized Opus X dealer...he charges MSRP + 50% for the Opus X's and keeps telling me that he hasn't gotten any Anejo's in yet when I suspect he's just keeping them for his buddies...I've called about a half dozen other large cigar stores and no one has them...the only ones available that I can find easily online are going for 2 X MSRP, so anything less than that looks good...I can find pretty much all I want if I'm willing to pay MSRP + 50%, but where are all the Anejos that are supposed to be available at MSRP?
    There is as much water on Earth now as three billion years ago. While the amount of water has remained static, the amount of Tequila and Triple Sec available for making Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all.

Anejos are okay. Cubans are much better. There I fixed it for ya!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast