Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Bahia Gold White Label Robusto Review

This is a discussion on Bahia Gold White Label Robusto Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; I smoked one of these robusto's on Sunday and found it to be very good. Very square boxpress with a ...

Full grown Puffer Fish tbateman's Avatar

Thumbs up Bahia Gold White Label Robusto Review

I smoked one of these robusto's on Sunday and found it to be very good. Very square boxpress with a firm but not hard feel. Perfect construction with a very smooth EMS colored wrapper. The cap cut clean and the cigar had a good pre-light draw. It torched easily and burned quite evenly producing a very firm medium grey ash that hung on for over half the length of the cigar. I'm not one of those people that can name flavors like a cA schmuck but this cigar had a nice complex taste that I really liked. It is well worth the price ($6 IIRC) There were 4 or 5 more of these left at the store where I found 'em and I'm going back to get 'em.
    Last edited by tbateman; 03-25-2003 at 09:43 PM.
    Tom
    ---
    It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live long enough to make them all yourself. -- Admiral Hyman Rickover

F.O.G. with nice smokes OnePyroTec's Avatar

Now that is my kind of review....a like it or not type.

Glad you were able to find them.

OPT

Tom,

Thanks for the review. I'm envious! Now I have to find and buy some!

PJT35, I'm going to see if I can pick up what's left of that box today. If I get them, I'll send you a couple to try. Email me your snailer and I'll get 'em out to ya (if I get 'em).
    Tom
    ---
    It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live long enough to make them all yourself. -- Admiral Hyman Rickover

I just got a couple of these in the Churchill size and I'm looking forward to 'em, weather permitting.
    Tom
    ---

Thumbs up

The Bahia Gold Churchill was my first, serious cigar.
    My assistant coaches were all cigar smokers and they sent me off to buy some cigars - they figured that I owed them since our team won a big tournament. The cigar store lady suggested the Bahia GC... and down the slippery slope I went! Or did I climb into the low branches instead?!

I'm not a big fan of the mentioned cigar. I find it to be a little on the mild side for my tastes. I have also found these cigars to be a little on the young side, I pick up way to much "grassy" & "vegatal" flavors.
    One Shot, One Kill...
    No matter where you go, you'll be there...
    SH*T Happens!!

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Re: Bahia Gold White Label Robusto Review

Fast forward to 2012; using the www as a shopping cart and equipped with a ****** account, I'm now able to go where this puffer fish was never able to before... And if I didn't recommend their newly blended accomplishment, I wouldn't feel worthy in your presence.