Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Punch Gran Puro Review

This is a discussion on Punch Gran Puro Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; I am not a big Punch fan, but.... A great surprise! I have not smoked a Punch cigar in about ...

Punch Gran Puro Review

I am not a big Punch fan, but.... A great surprise!

I have not smoked a Punch cigar in about 3 years. I acquired this cigar in a trade and decided to set fire to it tonight.

Size: 4 1/2 X 52 (Santa Rita)
    Draw: Perfect
    Burn: Great
    Construction: Flawless
    Strength: Medium - Full

This cigar had a load of smoke. Peppery & Spicy (Which I love).

Might just have to snag a box of these this weekend!
    Last edited by DBCcigar; 03-31-2009 at 07:54 PM.
    HOLLAR if you smell my smoke!

Into the Wild Blue Yonder Frinkiac7's Avatar

Re: Punch Gran Puro Review

I had a Gran Puro maybe a month ago and enjoyed it. Strong "tobacco" flavor is all I can say...not a lot of nuance, just bold tobacco taste. But it hit the spot at the time!

Thanks for the review, I was gifted this stick and it's waiting it's turn to burn. I think the whole NC Punch brand is over looked. Have yet to have a bad stick. Great floral aroma, and straight forward Honduran tobacco taste.
    A witty saying proves nothing. -Mark Twain

Baz

Funny, I smoked my first Gran Puro Punch this weekend and loved it...gave it a 9/10...very enjoyable...!

Thanks for sharing the review!!!
    <---When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished.
    What he does after that is all in the line of work. ~Edward F. Croker--->

Puffer Fish with some spikes ShamWow's Avatar

I am a "Punchaholic" and the Gran Puro line is my favorite. Glad you enjoyed it....

I tried 5 of them and they weren't too bad. I would give them about an 7 out of 10. They would go better with a mixed drink or at least a beer in my opinion.

Just smoked one of these last night. It sneaked up on me and knocked me on my butt. I will smoke another on only slower next time. Good flavor, excellent burn and a lot of smoke. I would giive it around a 7.

I haven't smoked a NC Punch in a while as well. Maybe it's time to revisit the brand, since I did very much enjoy some of their stuff, most notably the Gran Cru line. I can't recall ever smoking a Gran Puro....maybe it's time to give one a whirl with the high praise given...
    I'm completely unbiased and 100% open minded. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

It seems kind of silly now, but when I was buying one of my first cigars a buddy told me Arnie smokes Punches so that seemed like a good bet to me. I haven't smoked one in quite a while, but this one caught my eye and after your positive review I am going to have to give it a try.