Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Don Lucas Cigars

This is a discussion on Don Lucas Cigars within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Hi everyone, I recently picked up some Don Lucas cigars from the DR. Just wanted to see what everyone's thought ...

Don Lucas Cigars

Hi everyone,

I recently picked up some Don Lucas cigars from the DR. Just wanted to see what everyone's thought of these cigars.

I am still new to this game and am still looking for the fav cigar.

Thanks

Re: Don Lucas Cigars

I am sorry. I have never heard of them. Is there a website where they can be found?

Cigar Rights of America Member

I found them on a website and they look great but this is the first I've heard of them. I don't know if they are available in the U.S. (or maybe just not around me).

edit:
    OK - I did a little more digging and it looks like you can only get them in the DR, or in order to buy them here you have to have some sort of broker or go between, I'm in no way sure about this - it's just how I take what I read. They have one retailer in CA, dosn't say if they ship or not.

You should post a review and tell us how you like it.

here is their site: http://www.donlucascigarsoriginal.com/
    Last edited by MattB; 07-19-2009 at 02:14 AM.

I will submit a review when I smoke one for sure. I picked up a box of 10 Premium Linea Cinco A cigars. They are suppose to be mild cigar.

Let me know if anyone else has had these. Thanks again everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    I found them on a website and they look great but this is the first I've heard of them. I don't know if they are available in the U.S. (or maybe just not around me).

edit:
    OK - I did a little more digging and it looks like you can only get them in the DR, or in order to buy them here you have to have some sort of broker or go between, I'm in no way sure about this - it's just how I take what I read. They have one retailer in CA, dosn't say if they ship or not.

ok, so I smoked one of these on the weekend. I do not have a lot to compare these too as I have not smoked a lot of different cigars.

The cigar was very mild, a nice easy smoke, they were not as harsh as a Montecristo #2 cigar. It left no bitter take aftwards and was a nice consistant smoke all the way through, it burned evenly all the way to the end. It was a very enjoyable smoke, I would recommend this if you have a chance to try one.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post

edit:

here is their site: Cigar Lounge Punta Cana, by Lucas De Meester. Don Lucas Cigars

Puffer Fish with many spikes sboyajian's Avatar

I have smoked the Red and the Black.. both decent.. Black was very good.

Nice to hear from someone else who has smoked these. How strong was the black label?

Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    I have smoked the Red and the Black.. both decent.. Black was very good.

Puffer Fish with many spikes sboyajian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbarber12 View Post
    Nice to hear from someone else who has smoked these. How strong was the black label?
    Wish I could remember.. I'd probably label it a medium? Never been good at that (have seen people get railed by a full and I don't get the same affect).

Thumbs up Re: Don Lucas Cigars

Night of the living thread!

I brought back a few Don Lucas cigars from my honeymoon about 8 months ago and finally fired one up this past weekend.

What a great mild smoke! I'm a maduro lover at heart but for a light wrapper cigar this is excellent. Very nice draw and fairly consistent burn. The taste is excellent with no harshness or bitter after taste. Basically what I would look for in a light wrapper smoke.

Can't wait to have another!

Name:  20140525_200901.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  37.2 KB

Maturing Puffer Fish

I think I smoked one of those in Punta Cana last year. We went to a very small factory with maybe 8 rollers. It wasn't bad