Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Trilogy Exotic Maduro Tri-Press by Alec Bradley

This is a discussion on Trilogy Exotic Maduro Tri-Press by Alec Bradley within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Cigar: Trilogy Exotic Maduro Tri-Press by Alec Bradley Year: 2005 Cutter: Xikar Lighter: Ronson Jet-Lite Beverage: Coke Zero Pre-cut: Nice ...

Not Here

Trilogy Exotic Maduro Tri-Press by Alec Bradley

Cigar: Trilogy Exotic Maduro Tri-Press by Alec Bradley
    Year: 2005
    Cutter: Xikar
    Lighter: Ronson Jet-Lite
    Beverage: Coke Zero

Pre-cut: Nice dark and somewhat toothy wrapper. Tri-Press is very unique. Pre - light draw is a bit floral and seems very light.

1st third: Starts out a little earthy and slightly sweet. The flavors are not coming through a lot so they seem sort of muted. The nose exhale is very smooth with just a hint of spice in it. The tri-press is a little awkward in the hand but not bad in the mouth.

2nd third: Earthy taste starting to come through now and getting some of that classic maduro sweetness. Burn is a little wavy but not enough to detract from the cigar. Nose exhale is still smooth with a hint of spice.

Final third: Flavor has picked up a bit. Now getting a sweet, grassy taste that is very pleasant. The sweetness of the maduro is really shining through. Just a faint hint of spice teases the palate occassionally. The nose exhale remains very smooth.

Overall this cigar is a great bargain (I think I gave about $3.00 for it). It starts out slow but the maduro starts creeping in during the second third and really starts shining through in the final third. The tobacco is rich and the smoke is creamy and abundant.
    BIA!!!

Re: Trilogy Exotic Maduro Tri-Press by Alec Bradley

Very Very nice. I like the trilogy series and you are right they are cheap

Cigar Rights of America Member

It was pretty nice i walked into a b&m that i never go to and i found a box of these hiding. Very nice cigar

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Good review on a cigar I have not tried. I like the profile as I like maduro and complexity in my cigars and next time I see this on C Bid,,,I will put in for a 5 pak. Thx for another good review.
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

I like these cigars especially the corojo. Didn't they stop making these, along with the ovation? They were a great cigar at a value price.

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    I like these cigars especially the corojo. Didn't they stop making these, along with the ovation? They were a great cigar at a value price.
    I believe so.

Nice review. Going to have to try and track one of these down sounds like a great smoke for the $.

I have smoked AB's higher end stuff, but I haven't seen this one before.
    Thanks for sharing.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams" W.Wonka