Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo Review

This is a discussion on Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Here is this weeks review, let me know what you think. Cigar- Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo Toro. ( 6x50) Lighter- ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader teedles915's Avatar

Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo Review

Here is this weeks review, let me know what you think.

Cigar- Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo Toro. ( 6x50)
    Lighter- Ronson Jet-Lite
    Cutter- Means Sardine
    Drink- Hancock's President Reserve Single Barrell Bourbon

PreLight- The cigar is presented beautifully, it is double banded with the upper band being very detailed. The cigar itself is a very light orange which is seen a lot with Corojo wrappers. There are quite a few veins throughout the wrapper and the stick is little lumpy. The smell is of spicy tobacco.

Initial Light- The first puff gives me a huge blast of earth, with a bit of a unpleasent charcoal like finish. Hope this isn't a sign of ithngs to come.

1st Third- About a 1/4 inch in the char taste goes away, but the earth remains. There is just a hint of black pepper spice on the back of the palet. About an inch in and the spice really picks up. There is a bit of a floral note that I am used to with the Corojo sticks I've smoked in the past. The spicy/floral stays until the first third is gone.

2nd Third- As the second third picks up, so does the strength. I can def tell that this is a medium-full bodied stick. The spice and floral is still there, but the earthiness has appeared again. For the first time the burn becomes a little uneven, but quickly fixes itself within a couple draws. As I approach the halfway mark I must say I am suprised how much I am enjoying this stick. The cigar stays the same as I appoach the final third I have to fix the burn but the profile stays the same.

Final Third- The amount of pepper is amazing now, I'm talking DPG pepper here. There is a good amount of toasty wood flavor coming through now. As stupid as this sounds it taste like a campfire smells. Approaching the final stretch the strength is beginning to get me but it is too good to put down.

Final Stretch- The tooth pick comes out. It finishes with pepper and earth.

Overall- This a suprising smoke, especially considering that I picked up a fiver for $7. I will def be picking up more.

As always let me now what you think.

Puffer Fish with many spikes BTcigars's Avatar

Re: Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo Review

Thanks for the review. I have been wondering how this VS stick would be for some time now.
    Be sure to check out my blog http://www.BTcigars.com

Dom

Been seeing boxes for CHEAP on cbid lately, i'll prob pick 1 up

Thanks for the review
    I see it as you, except I didn't like the pepper blast.
    The dpg I see as spice. The VS i saw as harsh pepper.
    That is just me.
    I think there are many better sticks for the money, with the similar profile
    Just .02
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

Puffer Fish with many spikes smokin nightly's Avatar

That was a real good review TW...great pics...what is DPG pepper? I might pick up a fiver at that price...
    Any man who smokes cigars is a dynamic son of a gun. ~Regis
    I type like crap...this is well known

Quote Originally Posted by smokin nightly View Post
    That was a real good review TW...great pics...what is DPG pepper? I might pick up a fiver at that price...
    DPG is for Don Pepin Garcia. His stix are known to be spicy. This one was right up there on the spice level of his sticks.

Leading Puffer Fish nativetexan_1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asmartbull View Post
    Thanks for the review
    I see it as you, except I didn't like the pepper blast.
    The dpg I see as spice. The VS i saw as harsh pepper.
    That is just me.
    I think there are many better sticks for the money, with the similar profile
    Just .02
    +1
    I haven't found anything in the VS line that I care for. Fortunately, we all have different tastes.
    Thanks for the review.
    Canton, Texas: home of First Monday Trade Days.

Thanks TW. It's always great to find a good diamond in the rough!

We make a living by what we get; We make a life by what we give.

Leading Puffer Fish

Thanks for another great review. I have read a lot about corojos, will have to try one some day.

I have a couple of these left in my humi, the first one I smoked I did not really like, had some what of a restricted draw. Letting them rest for awile to see if they come around. I've had other VS and most are good, thanks for the review will look for some of those flavors when I try them again.

Thanks for the review.

I have a couple tins of the 4x40s that were sold on CI a few years back. I was wondering how the 'full size' versions compared. I pick up the spice and floral notes, but the smaller gauge may have contributed some harshness I experienced.

Thanks for the review!

Thanks for the review. I really like this stick.. When I first got it, I wasn't sure that i would like it, but I thought it would be worth the try, and I was pleasantly surprised as I found myself trying to prolong the experience instead of trying to get it over and done with.

Good review, great smoke!
    What can I say?

Puffer Fish with some spikes ferrydegiri's Avatar

Nice review TW, i love the band design and the wrapper color. It's look like Sumatera wrapper, isn't it?

Nope Ferry buddy that is a Corojo. If you have never had one you should give it a try.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast