Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

opus perfection x

This is a discussion on opus perfection x within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; good feel to this cigar. smells of cedar (naturally),a light cocoa smell coming through also removed the cedar sleeve,punched it,and ...

Removed per request

opus perfection x

good feel to this cigar. smells of cedar (naturally),a light cocoa smell coming through also

removed the cedar sleeve,punched it,and fired it up.
    booming cedar in the first few puffs,just like i expected. you don't cover a cigar in cedar and not expect to get strong cedar flavor while smoking it.

1/3 in and the tastes are changing. very cedary with pepper and a tobacco barn taste. it's got an earth after taste that ain't all bad. burning and drawing fine,putting out a lot of smoke

i love it when they send me hats!

1/2 way and the spice has calmed down,tobacco is tasting better,cedar is still the dominate flavor,but i'm getting a little of the cocoa taste that i usually get when smoking an opus.
    i have another one of these in the humi,i think i'll take the cedar sleeve off and see how it smokes in a few months from now.
    maybe if there is less cedar,other flavors will come through more.

3/4 in,more cocoa has shown up,earthiness has faded,spicy tobacco has faded,cedar is still happening,but it has started getting a little creamy. great draw and burn. time to lose the band.

last couple of inches and it's tasting more like the opus i've grown used to.
    creamy cedar with cocoa,spice has picked up,tobacco is a little grassy.
    i gotta tell ya,in the last 3 or 4 inches it has gone from a medium to a full bodied cigar.
    if it was this strong for the entire cigar,i might be laying under my chair instead of sitting in it...lol

the nub is alive and kicking!
    spice is back big time with cedar and tobacco on the finish.
    it has definitely ended better than it started

thanks for reading,hope you enjoyed the review!

hillbilly puffer fish perry7762's Avatar

Re: opus perfection x

im gonna start callin u the shuckin opus master. once again awesome review. when you gonna do the power ranger?

Removed per request

Quote Originally Posted by perry7762 View Post
    im gonna start callin u the shuckin opus master. once again awesome review. when you gonna do the power ranger?
    i'm gonna start reviewing some viaje's next,but i can always squeeze in a power ranger...

Press the button Max! Breakaway500's Avatar

Perfecxion! Mmm...I am growing quite fond of the Opus X. Keep the reviews coming..
    When I think of all the good times that I've wasted..having good times...

I cant wait to try one, I would have to say this is my dream cigar.

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Great review. I have smoked a few Opus X's and that one is to date my favorite.

Puffer Fish with many spikes DeeSkank's Avatar

Another great review Ron!
    Love the pics.

hillbilly puffer fish perry7762's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shuckins View Post
    i'm gonna start reviewing some viaje's next,but i can always squeeze in a power ranger...
    awesome i got a couple of them comin in next week. i was excited when you did the robusto review but i got an email from ovtc sayin they were out of stock so i got 2 fuente fuentes instead

Full grown Puffer Fish dirletra's Avatar

thanks ron, i'd really like to get some in the near future.

Reincarnated Hobbit Matthias@Granby's Avatar

Love the hat though I may be biased since they pay my bills...

Just got these back in the store, excited to finally smoke one myself!

Thanks for the review brother!
    "If I went all in, would you call me..?"

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BlackandGold508's Avatar

Thanks Ron, Great Pics and Review, Again !!! My fn B&M Sucks ! They sell Opus hats and shirts, but no smokes !

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Aha...Opus Perfecxion X...the standard by which all other cigars are measured. I love this cigar almost as much as the Reserve and when they have about 3 years of rest it just doesn't get much better than this. Good review and pics...where was Zilla during this one?
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BlackandGold508's Avatar

I hope Zilla's ok !?

emk
    broke but smoke

The comments on the taste of cedar got me to decide to dedicate 10 cigars in cedar sleeves to 2 years of age. Those ten are far from favorites and might suit me more after the sleeves work on them, since I like cedar flavor.
    Thanks, Ron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast