Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Natural

This is a discussion on Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Natural within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Well hello again folks! I come to you this evening bearing a review of the Super Fuerte Natural Robusto from ...

Thumbs up Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Natural

Well hello again folks! I come to you this evening bearing a review of the Super Fuerte Natural Robusto from Indian Tabac. Here's the set-up! Lotus Vertigo double torch lighter and my little cigar notebook that is starting to bear the proof of a whole lot of smoking... lol

The pre-light was great. The cigar felt perfect in hand, decently packed with tobacco and a little give. It seems par for the course for this cigar to be consistantly well constructed. I punched it this time, ensuring to only remove the cap and not venture to deeply. There was a very free draw and complex aroma.

The first third started off strong, bringing tobacco and wooden flavor through a very giving draw. There was a subtle spice note dancing around in the background, primarily just accenting the main body of flavor.

The 2nd third still saw a little spice at the back of the crowd along with the familiar tobacco flavor profile. However, now a little leather has come to play in a big way. The smoke has maintained it's strength up to the halfway point and there is now a distinguishable earthen flavor joining the mix. As I near the last third, the earthen tones kick it up a notch bringing a nice little bite with them.

The last third of this smoke saw an ever increasing reduction to the wooden profile traded in for what felt to me like an ever increasing toasty flavor. Now the spice starts to gradually pick up a hair and this puppy is finishing with some pretty decent pep in it's step. I took it further than this picture shows. Every time I went to put it down, I had to have just one more puff. Nubbed the heck out of this bad boy.

I bought a box of these a while back on auction and believe I paid roughly $35 for them. I feel compelled to note that while just over $1 a stick, this is truly a great cigar. Always consistent quality for me, strong flavors and most importantly it just contributes to a really pleasent experience for me. It is a hair stronger than I normally venture for, but it never leaves me with anything less than a smile.
    Cars, Smoke, Homebrew, Wet Shave and a Fountain Pen. Gentlemanly pursuits.

Press the button Max! Breakaway500's Avatar

Re: Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Natural

It's great to find a good bargain stick! Nice review! Gonna hafta get me one of them fancy hole punchers...
    When I think of all the good times that I've wasted..having good times...

Thou Shall Not Doubt Me MoreBeer's Avatar

Nice review and pics. That cigar looks very well made and burning nicely for such a cheap stick. Tried the Maduro a long time ago and didn't care for it. Maybe I'll try these however if available.
    "I'll Buy That For A Dollar"

Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway500 View Post
    It's great to find a good bargain stick! Nice review! Gonna hafta get me one of them fancy hole punchers...
    I really do appreciate the hole punch quite a bit. I just enjoy the clean feeling on the back of the cigar while I'm puffing. Mine pops out of the bottom of my little $12 lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by MoreBeer View Post
    Nice review and pics. That cigar looks very well made and burning nicely for such a cheap stick. Tried the Maduro a long time ago and didn't care for it. Maybe I'll try these however if available.
    Thank you! I haven't tried the maduro version yet, but I always enjoy the natural super fuerte. To be honest, it's all Gjcab's fault, he introduced me to this little guy and I went right out and bought a box. lol.

Puffer Fish with many spikes CaptainBlenderman's Avatar

I happen to like the maduro...though the last one I had would have really benefited from some rest. I have one resting now that I probably will break out as soon as the weather gets warmer.

Thanks for the review; after having the maduro a few times, I've been curious to know how the natural smokes. It sounds like it fits all the descriptions I've read of it.

before hoes

I've only had one of each, but I liked the corojo over the maduro. Great review and wonderful pictures!

I've only smoked a couple of the naturals...they're decent. I much prefer the maduros (in toro size), my daily go-to cheap stick. I think they're a great value at regular internet store prices of around $60 for 25...at CBid prices of around $45 for a box of 25, they're an absolute STEAL.

Full grown Puffer Fish Domino68's Avatar

Great review. I remember smoking my very first one when I was deployed last year. Even though I prefer the Maduros, I keep a couple of naturals around.

BHS

Nice review. I was actually getting ready to do this same stick. Glad I checked the forum first. Back to the humi for another evening selection.....

Quote Originally Posted by Domino68 View Post
    Great review. I remember smoking my very first one when I was deployed last year. Even though I prefer the Maduros, I keep a couple of naturals around.
    I think the maduro version may be one of the sticks I keep an eye out for next. I'll see if I can snag a 5'er somewhere and check these bad boy's out when the holidays die down a bit. I'm just really curious to see the differences between them.

Quote Originally Posted by BHS View Post
    Nice review. I was actually getting ready to do this same stick. Glad I checked the forum first. Back to the humi for another evening selection.....
    You should review it anyway! I always enjoy reading your reviews and would be curious to compare our notes!

BHS

Quote Originally Posted by FridayGt View Post
    I think the maduro version may be one of the sticks I keep an eye out for next. I'll see if I can snag a 5'er somewhere and check these bad boy's out when the holidays die down a bit. I'm just really curious to see the differences between them.

You should review it anyway! I always enjoy reading your reviews and would be curious to compare our notes!
    Review submitted. We must be smoking different sticks lol.....all 4 of 5 so far have had a sub par draw. I couldn't even fathom using a punch. They probably 5 packed a bunch from an open box that felt sub par to put on Auctioneer for cheap but that is just my crackpot conspiracy theory.

This is my new go to smoke. I bought a box and put a couple of months worth of age on it and they are absolutely great. Great review!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Pandyboy's Avatar

Nice review, sounds like a good bargain stick you can smoke every day!