Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Camacho San Luis y Martinez (pics)

This is a discussion on Camacho San Luis y Martinez (pics) within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; I had a new B&M/lounge open up near me last week and this was the first chance I had to ...

Camacho San Luis y Martinez (pics)

I had a new B&M/lounge open up near me last week and this was the first chance I had to check it out. The cigar selection is not very good, but the lounge is really nice. I figured I would do a review of the cigar I picked up there today. I'm a Camacho whore, so this was a natural choice:

Light: Ronson Jet Lite
    Cut: El cheapo plastic cutter
    Drink: water

To start off with, this stick is a churchill sized tubo. From what I could find online, this is a predominantly Honduran cigar. Its pretty dark and oily and it smells dark too.

The first quarter of the cigar is pretty spicy and strong. Not bad, but almost overwhelming. I worked through it without incident on a full stomach

After that initial kick, it calmed down some. The spice is still there and I'm getting a nutty flavor with a little sweetness. It had an odd metallic flavor in the background that is really distracting though.

The pepper and spice is pretty much gone now, but sweetness and nuttiness is still there. Unfortunately, the odd metallic taste is still there as well.

I nubbed it because I was really enjoying the atmosphere and company. The metallic flavor started to subside towards the end, but it left a bad taste in my mouth for the cigar in general. Overall, I didn't really care for the stick and won't be buying more.

The new lounge is really nice though. The owner was good enough to give me a tour of the shop and lounge. Its a wood walled room with excellent ventilation. 4 leather chairs, a leather sectional, a few tables and ash trays, and 2 flat screens.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes fivespdcat's Avatar

Re: Camacho San Luis y Martinez (pics)

Nice review, the place looks really nice! I also see that you were watching my upset pick of the week! I thought Seattle had a good shot at it and man did they prove it!

I've got one of these Camacho's hangin out in the humidor though. I guess I'll leave it there for some time and see if it gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by fivespdcat View Post
    Nice review, the place looks really nice! I also see that you were watching my upset pick of the week! I thought Seattle had a good shot at it and man did they prove it!

I've got one of these Camacho's hangin out in the humidor though. I guess I'll leave it there for some time and see if it gets better.
    They played a really good game. We had the UConn/TX game on the other TV.

Try taking it out of the tube. I bet the cedar would cure the odd taste

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes fivespdcat's Avatar

Thanks! I may pull it out of the tube then and let it breathe for a long time...