Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

REVIEW: Opus X BBMF Natural

This is a discussion on REVIEW: Opus X BBMF Natural within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Originally Posted by donovanrichardson Great review Veeral, very descriptive and awesome pictures! Crap though...now I've got ANOTHER cigar to try ...

Re: REVIEW: Opus X BBMF Natural

Quote Originally Posted by donovanrichardson View Post
    Great review Veeral, very descriptive and awesome pictures!

Crap though...now I've got ANOTHER cigar to try some day haha!

In your opinion, how does this Vitola stack up to other Opus vitolas in the line? Just curious on your thoughts.
    Well, I've only tried about 5 different opus so far, but out of those, I've enjoyed the Opus Shark the most with this following up.

"The Cigar & Pipe Kid" donovanrichardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batista30 View Post
    Well, I've only tried about 5 different opus so far, but out of those, I've enjoyed the Opus Shark the most with this following up.
    Very nice, thanks V! I've got that Opus yet still to try from you, I'm waiting for a warm day and a special occasion for it though, can't be wasted on something small haha!

Again, great review of a great HTF cigar!

No longer a community member.

Great Review as always! I just wish I had been able to get you one with more rest, I feel confident that if you would have been smoking one with a few more years on it you would have been much more impressed.

That is why I stock so many Opus for aging purposes, I did a couple side by side tests 6 months and 5/6 years and trust me the difference is mind boggling.

I would never invest so much money without knowing what I would experience down the road. Again Great review as always.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Great Review as always! I just wish I had been able to get you one with more rest, I feel confident that if you would have been smoking one with a few more years on it you would have been much more impressed.

That is why I stock so many Opus for aging purposes, I did a couple side by side tests 6 months and 5/6 years and trust me the difference is mind boggling.

I would never invest so much money without knowing what I would experience down the road. Again Great review as always.

Dave
    I was hoping you would post the age on this cigar. Thank you These rare sizes are unique in their own way and now that I know the BBMF I smoked was young, I can agree and say there is a lot of potential in it. I posted a review on El Scorpion yesterday and even with a year or so on it, I could tell the difference in flavor.

You can read the review of that one here : Review: 2009 CFCF OPUS X EL ESCORPION REVIEW (natural)

Thanks again for the cigar Dave. I definitely look forward to enjoying more of these!

some say I'm a dreamer... BMack's Avatar

Great review, finally a review of one that I'm not interested in. I know I'll never find one so I've convinced myself that I don't want it. Nope, not interested, not one bit, nope.

Quote Originally Posted by BMack View Post
    Great review, finally a review of one that I'm not interested in. I know I'll never find one so I've convinced myself that I don't want it. Nope, not interested, not one bit, nope.
    You know Brian, I'm sure Dave or I can help you find one .....

Scotch & Cigars

Brian stay away from both of them!

some say I'm a dreamer... BMack's Avatar

You guys are a really bad influence on me.

I was hoping you would post the age on this cigar. Thank you These rare sizes are unique in their own way and now that I know the BBMF I smoked was young, I can agree and say there is a lot of potential in it. I posted a review on El Scorpion yesterday and even with a year or so on it, I could tell the difference in flavor.

You can read the review of that one here : Review: 2009 CFCF OPUS X EL ESCORPION REVIEW (natural)

Thanks again for the cigar Dave. I definitely look forward to enjoying more of these!

Yeah sorry I should have said this earlier. I got hooked on this by smoking a well rested BBMF maduro. Oh my Lord it was. Mere words can not describe the flavors. well at least mine can't.

I am buying an 06/07 BBMF N right now among others! so I will see how it matches up to the maduro.

Yeah sorry I should have said this earlier. I got hooked on this by smoking a well rested BBMF maduro. Oh my Lord it was. Mere words can not describe the flavors. well at least mine can't.

I am buying an 06/07 BBMF N right now among others! so I will see how it matches up to the maduro.

Maybe some Day!......I kin learn me hows to type like that!...Great review!
    Stogie Newb-a-notknow
    It's what You Learn After You Know It ALL!....That Counts!!!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Reino's Avatar

Thanks for review and pictures Veeral.
    I have 2 N's and recently aquired M.
    I was sort of disappointed in what I read at first but reviewing it a few a more times actually I am still looking very forward to smoking these. The N's have about 4 months on them.
    I did also did get 2 2008 sharks and I have a toast from 2009.
    Looking foward to smoking those also to see how the age affects them.
    Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us.

My pleasure John. All cigars can smoke differently, it was just my experience with one BBMF. Even with this experience, it won't stop me from purchasing more in the future because I would never base my overall opinion of this cigar on one smoke.

In regards to your BBMFs, I would suggest letting them rest longer. The Sharks should be good to go. Of course, I'd like to see a review of them.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Reino's Avatar

Well I will see what I can do. I want to let them adjust for 2 weeks.
    I think that would be a tall order for me to do a review on such a cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by 68 Lotus View Post

Maybe some Day!......I kin learn me hows to type like that!...Great review!

Me too cousin, I actually get shit for my poor writing skills on one board. Takes a pretty small person to pick on a feller because he never went to high school. Now seriously I am not kidding they think they are cute dropping the big words and the underhanded little quirks they think I don't get.

I very much dislike spelling and punctuation snobs. Some of us really do our best. Also just how much effort should we have to put into a frigging cigar forum where our main purpose is having fun among friends.

We are blessed to have some very talented reviewers here and so far none of them type guy's I mention above and No I wasn't kidding about them!

Again Veeral great review and if I get two of them aged Opus BBMF's watch out and sorry about the mini rant guy's this happened yesterday so still fresh on my mind. That's why I love you guy's. that would never happen here!!!

Thanks

Dave

"The Cigar & Pipe Kid" donovanrichardson's Avatar

Me too cousin, I actually get shit for my poor writing skills on one board. Takes a pretty small person to pick on a feller because he never went to high school. Now seriously I am not kidding they think they are cute dropping the big words and the underhanded little quirks they think I don't get.

I very much dislike spelling and punctuation snobs. Some of us really do our best. Also just how much effort should we have to put into a frigging cigar forum where our main purpose is having fun among friends.

We are blessed to have some very talented reviewers here and so far none of them type guy's I mention above and No I wasn't kidding about them!

Again Veeral great review and if I get two of them aged Opus BBMF's watch out and sorry about the mini rant guy's this happened yesterday so still fresh on my mind. That's why I love you guy's. that would never happen here!!!

Thanks

Dave
    I'm sorry to hear this Dave, that is really disappointing that people have to act that way around Puff, especially to a great brother like you! You have done TONS around here and it's too bad that people can't see that. I hope that it doesn't happen again because no one deserves that here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast