Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 494

New cigar sampling routine/habits

This is a discussion on New cigar sampling routine/habits within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Sounds like you got some nice new ones coming your way. Let me know how the 5 vegas "A" and ...

  
  1. #136

    Puffer Fish with some spikes canadacigar's Avatar


     

    Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

    Sounds like you got some nice new ones coming your way. Let me know how the 5 vegas "A" and G2 go. I have been eyeing those for a while.
    enjoy!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rah0785 View Post
    Ever notice when you get a new catalogue from whatever company, and it looks excellent, while you are giving it a first reading you have it in your mind you should be buying from them and plan to do so, until you visit the current retailer you are working with and the catalog is forgotten? Or am I the only one?

    I know someone else has smoked #120, OLIVEROS EIGHT-ZERO 6.7x52 Torpedo, and probably also agree it is a good cigar. Nice medium flavor from a perfectly made cigar. Actually the first Oliveros I have smoked that I LIKE enough to want to smoke again. AT $2 a stick I think it will happen!!

    Just one or two more until a smaller follow-up order to my biggie arrives next week. 80 cigar total for $195.00 or $2.43 per stick. Would be a LOT lower/better if it not for the $66.20 I shelled out for 20, 6.5x56 GURKHA BEAUTY'S. For these excellent cigars I don't mind pushing the $2.50per mark for once. Other AWESOME buys I got were a 5 pack of 5 Vegas Series 'A' 6x58 for $11, a 5 pack of Centenario Classic Liga 'B' 6x55 for $9, a 5 pack of Graycliff G2 Torpedo's 6.2x52 for $11, 5 pack of El Mejor Emerald Churchills 7x50 for $7, 5 pack of Padilla 1948 Edicion Limitada 5x50 for $11, and about 25 other decent filler sticks, and a few late won single like Gurkha Park Avenue Maduro Torpedo, Padilla Obsidian Belisoso and Pinar Del Rio Oscuro Toro for $2 each. Some enjoyable smoking will results

  2. #137

    Leading Puffer Fish rah0785's Avatar


     

    Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

    The Graycliff G2 is one I have already enjoyed on many occasions. As good as any daily Connecticut cigar like 5 Vegas Gold, Perdomo Fresco and Slow-Aged, Girkha Park Avenue and Symphony, Oliva Conn, or Rocky Patel Conn.

    OK OK.. I will slip a 5 Vegas 'A' and G2 into the bundle!!
    My pleasure.

    Smoked my only #122, OLIVEROS XL Double Corojo, 6x55. I have noticed Oliveros is starting to make some good cigars. Gave up on them after I smoked a 5 pack of the underwhelming Classic. This cigar is hard as a rock but very fresh and a great smoke. Good Corojo flavor that hold it's own against the R4 and Indian Tabac Classic. While no top shelf premium, it would make an excellent daily go too. Earns a SOLID 3.5, or high end of good. It was that good. And makes the $2 I paid a steal.

    Smoked a Tatuaje Ambos Munbos Robusto #1-Habano a few months back. It was top-shelf. Have the pleasure of soon VERIFYING if the Robusto #2-Sumatra belongs up their as well.

  3. #138

    Puffer Fish with some spikes canadacigar's Avatar


     

    Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

    Thanks dude u are generous. I will get u back for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by rah0785 View Post
    The Graycliff G2 is one I have already enjoyed on many occasions. As good as any daily Connecticut cigar like 5 Vegas Gold, Perdomo Fresco and Slow-Aged, Girkha Park Avenue and Symphony, Oliva Conn, or Rocky Patel Conn.

    OK OK.. I will slip a 5 Vegas 'A' and G2 into the bundle!!
    My pleasure.

    Smoked my only #122, OLIVEROS XL Double Corojo, 6x55. I have noticed Oliveros is starting to make some good cigars. Gave up on them after I smoked a 5 pack of the underwhelming Classic. This cigar is hard as a rock but very fresh and a great smoke. Good Corojo flavor that hold it's own against the R4 and Indian Tabac Classic. While no top shelf premium, it would make an excellent daily go too. Earns a SOLID 3.5, or high end of good. It was that good. And makes the $2 I paid a steal.

    Smoked a Tatuaje Ambos Munbos Robusto #1-Habano a few months back. It was top-shelf. Have the pleasure of soon VERIFYING if the Robusto #2-Sumatra belongs up their as well.

  4. #139

    Leading Puffer Fish rah0785's Avatar


     

    Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

    It is possible to love something and HATE it at the same time. If it not were Cigar Bid I would in no way have the fine cigars I have to sample at most time a couple 100% off the retail price. But after my 7 days of monthly bidding I agonize at time when I see some of my out of reach due to price sticks go up on Free Fall for example at a 1/3 the retail price. By winning the best I can in a week or so I save a ton on shipping, The $20 or so I save is another 10 decent cigars. The SUNS OF BEACH'S auction ANGELENOS 2010 sticks in a few singles and very small 4 packs sampler every few days. NEVER over up 5 pack of boxes. ALL OF A SUDDEN they got FORTY, 10 count bundles of the awesome Angelenos 2010 Robusto's up for bid. WHATEVER!

    #123, Tatuaje Ambos Mundos Sumatra Robusto, 5x50 is not as good as the Habano. While my memory recalls- a bold flavor from the Habano, this Sumatra seems tame compared to the 4.5 out of 5 a gave the Habano, which was an excellent smoke. This Sumatra is good though. The flavor sort of reminds me of a La Perla Habana. Which means it is very good. 4 out of 5 for a fine tasting cigar that smokes perfectly.


    The Kinky Friedman Governor I smoked a few weeks back was good. Now he comes out with my own personal stick, "BIG RICHARD", or at least I used to be a few short years back. The special addition looks like as perfect as the regular line. Also, has anyone given the value line "KINKSTER BUNDLES" a smoking yet? Any good qualities? Please let us know! Thanks, Rich

  5. #140

    Leading Puffer Fish rah0785's Avatar


     

    Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

    #124, KINKY FRIEDMAN SPECIAL EDITION 'BIG RICHARD', 6.5x54, like the regular Kinky Friedman line, is a solid smoke. Good, mildly sweet flavor all the way through. Down to the last 2.5 inches now. Doing a long, slow steady blow out to smooth out the flavor again. Again like the regularly line, not an ELITE cigar, but still a good flavored premium. Would not mind a 2nd smoking at $4 per stick again. The $179.95 C.I. price per 20 or $9 per, is off about $80.00. It simply is not that "Special". $5, maybe $6, would be a respectable price for this cigar.

    Someone else needs to pick up this thread until next Wednesday at least, thank you. No new smokes until then. I hope, NO, I certain someone else out their is enjoying some new sticks. I went through the Cigar Bid and C.I. list and found another 108 lines that appealed to me for one reason or another. Hell, if I hit Thompson, Famous Smoke, JR, Holt's, and Best Cigar Prices I could probably push 1000 reasonable looking lines to enjoy a first time. Makes me realize that the 290 or so lines I have smoked over the past 5 years ain't that many really when compared to what is out their. Have a good holiday.

  6. #141

    Leading Puffer Fish rah0785's Avatar


     

    Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

    Call me NAIVE, or just plain stupid if you must. Do I believe I scored the same cigar last week that sold for $29.95 in a fine glass tube a while back called the Gurkha Beauty at TEN for $32.50 on FREE FALL at Cigar Bid? Last week, YES! Now, HELL NO!!!

    Havana Dreamin' Internet Expose'

    This is very disturbing. Have to wonder how many cigar makers have made similar "downgrades", for hyped up releases after the first batch, when the cigar is "repriced" for sale in the mass market?????


    Two days until some new sticks arrive, along with 20 "Downgraded" Gurkha Beauty's I won for $66.

    Still not a bad cigar.

  7. #142

    Full grown Puffer Fish wahoofever's Avatar


     

    Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

    Thanks for the thread. I have been trailing you and it's been fun so far. I have to go back through this thread again and add to my notes. As it is, I have a bunch of things coming based on your recommendations, I'll be sure to report after the postman gets here.

  8. #143

    Leading Puffer Fish rah0785's Avatar


     

    Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

    Quote Originally Posted by wahoofever View Post
    Thanks for the thread. I have been trailing you and it's been fun so far. I have to go back through this thread again and add to my notes. As it is, I have a bunch of things coming based on your recommendations, I'll be sure to report after the postman gets here.
    Excellent. That is what I love to hear. A second witness to my mouth's opinion. Boy that link is HOT. Posted a thread in Cigar Bids Forum seeing I have 20 "Generic" Gurkha Beauty's being delivered today. The thread got SQUASHED. Actually removed the sucker even though I plainly declared Cigar Bid could not be at fault in anyway, and to the contrary got a good deal on these downgraded Beauty's and passed the saving along to us bidders. I guess de facts dun't matter mush!!!

    One fact I know is #125, PADILLA 1948 EDICION LIMITADA 5x50 Robusto, is a fine little cigar. Nice smooth dark brown flavor, maybe like mild gingerbread, with a PERFECT burn just 4 hours out of the wrapper. On Free Fall now at Cigar Bid and can be won for about $2 most other times. Would make an excellent 30 minute cigar.

    I have to sample the main "1948" again. The "hardly seemed like a cigar" lancero I smoked a few months back did not put out what I believe this line offer as far as flavor goes. Seeing this is one high priced line (over $8.00 for a Churchill), I will have to settle for a 5x50 Robusto, still much thicker then 42 ringed lancero. They seem too be the only two sizes cigar bid offers.

    Have 3 more NEW sticks to torch over the day or so. After that I will be looking toward fellow forum member "snagstang", and his surprise sampler, probably arriving some time next week. Think he can surmise from the above cigar commentary one of the sticks he will be getting in return.

  9. #144

    Puffer Fish with some spikes canadacigar's Avatar


     

    Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

    Rich, what happened? the gurkha beautys are not real? the ones you got on cbid??

    Quote Originally Posted by rah0785 View Post
    Excellent. That is what I love to hear. A second witness to my mouth's opinion. Boy that link is HOT. Posted a thread in Cigar Bids Forum seeing I have 20 "Generic" Gurkha Beauty's being delivered today. The thread got SQUASHED. Actually removed the sucker even though I plainly declared Cigar Bid could not be at fault in anyway, and to the contrary got a good deal on these downgraded Beauty's and passed the saving along to us bidders. I guess de facts dun't matter mush!!!

    One fact I know is #125, PADILLA 1948 EDICION LIMITADA 5x50 Robusto, is a fine little cigar. Nice smooth dark brown flavor, maybe like mild gingerbread, with a PERFECT burn just 4 hours out of the wrapper. On Free Fall now at Cigar Bid and can be won for about $2 most other times. Would make an excellent 30 minute cigar.

    I have to sample the main "1948" again. The "hardly seemed like a cigar" lancero I smoked a few months back did not put out what I believe this line offer as far as flavor goes. Seeing this is one high priced line (over $8.00 for a Churchill), I will have to settle for a 5x50 Robusto, still much thicker then 42 ringed lancero. They seem too be the only two sizes cigar bid offers.

    Have 3 more NEW sticks to torch over the day or so. After that I will be looking toward fellow forum member "snagstang", and his surprise sampler, probably arriving some time next week. Think he can surmise from the above cigar commentary one of the sticks he will be getting in return.

  10. #145

    Leading Puffer Fish rah0785's Avatar


     

    Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

    Quote Originally Posted by canadacigar View Post
    Rich, what happened? the gurkha beautys are not real? the ones you got on cbid??

    No, To what degree I really have no idea. The "new" wrapper is Connecticut tissue paper compared to the fist release. Naturally the select few HALF-WITS at the Cigar Bid forum, that ruin every thread, offer up their semi-retarded input about how rotten the Gurkha Beauty is, period, and my thread their was taken down because I linked a "competitor", as they put it. A local that doesn't sell matches on line is a "competitor". The thread was not about Cigar Bid, or how about good any cigar is, or is not. It was about a major cigar maker not maintaining the quality in one of his premier cigar lines, and what he did to turn it into a $3.30 cigar. Grown men that don't have the brain matter to identify and determine a subject can't be taken serious. Why I bother posting in that forum is beyond my lazy brain.

    They still look dam good though. As good as the first batch. I will send you one to judge. Honestly though, Perdomo Champagne makes them seem VERY AVERAGE. Have a good evening!

  11. #146

    Young Puffer Fish


     

    Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

    Quote Originally Posted by rah0785 View Post
    No, To what degree I really have no idea. The "new" wrapper is Connecticut tissue paper compared to the fist release. Naturally the select few HALF-WITS at the Cigar Bid forum, that ruin every thread, offer up their semi-retarded input about how rotten the Gurkha Beauty is, period, and my thread their was taken down because I linked a "competitor", as they put it. A local that doesn't sell matches on line is a "competitor". The thread was not about Cigar Bid, or how about good any cigar is, or is not. It was about a major cigar maker not maintaining the quality in one of his premier cigar lines, and what he did to turn it into a $3.30 cigar. Grown men that don't have the brain matter to identify and determine a subject can't be taken serious. Why I bother posting in that forum is beyond my lazy brain.

    They still look dam good though. As good as the first batch. I will send you one to judge. Honestly though, Perdomo Champagne makes them seem VERY AVERAGE. Have a good evening!


    Guys, Rah's thread was pulled because it contained links to another board and cigar vender. Which is CLEARLY against CBid boards rules....

    Rah has made quite a name for himself over their. He posts something clearly in violation of rules, then comes back here to bitch about it...

    As I post their regulary on Cbid and seldom here I stay off his threads here, but i thought i should at least explain what he is NOT going to tell you...

  12. #147

    Newbie in the ocean


     

    Talking Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

    and he lives an alternative life style !!

  13. #148

    Leading Puffer Fish rah0785's Avatar


     

    Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

    #126, CENTENARIO Liga B, 6x55 by Felipe Gregorio is somewhat of a mystery to me. I cannot follow, for the life of me, the "87" this size got at Cigar Aficionado, or the product details at C.I. Chocolate???? Not in this cigar. Not even a hint. Stick starts of actually tasting like fresh bailed hay smells, and then changes to a mild creamy smoke. The last few inches give off some spice. That is it. Hardly reaches medium. Nothing bad about the stick. If this is "first-grade" tobacco that is supposed to offer at least some hints of "chocolate" then aging the cigar must produce miracles. Still, at $2 it is a good filler cigar. 3 out of 5 is just average/good.

    The 5 Vegas Series 'A', 6x58 Apocalypse sticks I got look awesome. I have to torch one soon.

  14. #149

    Leading Puffer Fish rah0785's Avatar


     

    Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

    #127, GRAYCLIFF 'G2' Pirate Torpedo, 6x54 qualifies as a good daily Connecticut. Sits on the same plain of other good/average daily Connecticut's like Gurkha's Park Avenue & Symphony, Rocky Patel, Perdomo Fresco, and 5 Vegas Gold. It remains the cheapest priced Graycliff line in existence. A box of 20 can be won for under $50 at Cigar Bid, which is a good deal at that price. I am sure Graycliffs MSRP listed at C.I. of $200 for 20 Pirates is a joke, but we won't go there.

    Since I smoked that Centenario, I now want to try Felipe Gregorio's Dominicana line, mainly the 6x52 Torpedo SOOO BAD! And the fat little 4.7x58 BOA, too see if it rivals the NUB460.
    Hope the sale last until months end. If so, they will be mine.

    El Mejor Emerald Churchills is a fancy looking stick with nice cedar wrap with a pig tail and the shaggy foot end. If it smokes at good as it look it should be excellent.

  15. #150

    Leading Puffer Fish rah0785's Avatar


     

    Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

    OO AH!!! Hating something some times and loving it other times more often then not is a situation best avoided. That is unless it is FREE FALL at Cigarbid. A perfect little sampler of 13 Baker's Dozen cigars going for an average of $1.50!!! In between having the money and not having the money is where my frustration starts and ends.
    But I have never smoked a
    Ava Maria
    Griffin's
    Acid 1
    Arganese Maduro
    Benchmade Cazadores
    Don Pepin's La Reloba Habana
    or Tatuaje El Triunfador

    7 Premium sticks out of 13 in a sampler is a great ratio of new cigars compared to already smoked. And for a lousy $20 spot that I won't have until the day after the auction ends makes me think of selling things!!! Maybe I will get lucky and score some cash early. May also pick up my FAVORITE sampler of average, but good daily filler smokes being Gurkha's Presidente Platter. I get 20, 7x52 Cuban Legacy's, Castle Hall's, Park Avenues, and Park Avenue Maduro's, and Sherpa's. None awesome, but all good smokes to toke in between the BEST!

    They actually have an excellent FREE FALL line up from top to bottom. Very rare. 20 of the Padilla '48 Edi Lim Robusto's going for under $35, 10 Connecticut Gems for under $25, A Mild & Mellow Mega 22 Sampler that covers milder sticks from average too very good for under $43, 10 La Perla Habana Perfecto's for under $23, and 10 of the very tasty Morro Castle, 4.7x52 fat Robusto's for under $20. OR you could just grab one top shelf stick and win a Gods of Fire Churchill for under $18.00. I plan too, some day. Also been checking out Thompson's Cigar Auction the last week or so. If Cigar Bid every vanishes I have found some excellent deals their as well. But following one huge Auction site is work enough. I'll keep Thompson's in my back pocket for now, EVEN THOUGH I am always thinking about those GRAN HABANO Factory Select Connecticut, 6x54 Gran Robusto's, that are very good.

    Speaking of #128, GURKHA PARK AVENUE MADURO 6.2x52 Torpedo is another good cigar from Gurkha. Solid flavor from a perfectly made cigar. Would make a solid smoke now and then for anyone. Last time I won 2 of the Presidente samplers I gave away my 8 Park Avenue Maduros to my cuz, as he favors dark most of the time. Have to keep some next time. Give it a 3.5 out of 5, or the high end of GOOD.

    and #129, EL MEJOR EMERALD 7x50 Churchill was, as my mentors at CrapCigar.com would say a "DIAMOND IN THE RUFF!" Very good flavor from the Sumatra wrapped stick for $2. I was surprised how the spice and dark brown flavor blended well after only sitting naked for 3 days. When a cigar at that price offers you noticeably good taste just a few days out of the wrapper, it is one that has to be added to my daily rotation extra's for sure. Will try to score the 6.5x54 Torpedo next time. If I included price in the actual cigar rating, I would probably give this stick a 4, but a good 3.5 suits it. One more to go and then it is some down time unfortunately. Should have JUST enough sticks on hand to last till months end. later

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •