Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

New cigar sampling routine/habits

This is a discussion on New cigar sampling routine/habits within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Geez Rich, I think you're single handedly keeping Cbid in business. Great scores! I recently picked up a box of ...

Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

Geez Rich, I think you're single handedly keeping Cbid in business. Great scores! I recently picked up a box of Pueblo Dominicano robustos for $43 and have them resting a little. The first one ROTT was slow to start but really picked up by the time it hit the final third. Box date on the bottom of the box is only a couple of weeks ago so these need some time.....A few months from now, I expect them to be really great.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BKDW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rah0785 View Post
    ....It seems like they are posting a lot more of all La Aurora lines. Cigar Bid does that with every cigar brand they offer. When they get a fresh batch in, they flood the boards with that brands lines. That is why it is hard to get consistent prices their. .
    True. But in general, the prices have been going down. Holt's has them cheap too. I have been getting good luck with the Dominus: got 10 torpedoes for 20 bucks....Stocking up my stash for 2013 and beyond. Who can complain about $2 a pop?
    "I don't expect a consumer to spend $15 on a cigar and have to sit on it for two years..." Jorge Padron

Quote Originally Posted by BKDW View Post
    True. But in general, the prices have been going down. Holt's has them cheap too. I have been getting good luck with the Dominus: got 10 torpedoes for 20 bucks....Stocking up my stash for 2013 and beyond. Who can complain about $2 a pop?
    .....if I am still breathing, maybe you can send me one they they hatch?

.....here ya go. And Free Shipping to boot. 10 of what I have read over and over is one of the best Connecticut wrapped cigars out their. Of course I have dumped my cash load at Cigar Bid and cannot partake of the awesome opportunity, DAM IT ALL TO HELL!
    Ten of the LA GLORIA CUBANA ARTESANOS RETRO ESPECIAL CLUB (5.7" x 47) for $39.95.
    Cigar.com - Daily Cigar Deal
    It sounds magnificent-
    .....If you're a long-time fan of the La Gloria line, La Gloria Cubana Artesanos Retro Especial hits you first with its light wrapper. Using a unique Honduran-grown Connecticut wrapper, this wrapper translates into big flavor. Now this blend isn't a power-house, but it's definitely one of the strongest Connecticuts on the market. Starting off with traditional Connecticut creaminess, this blend evolves into a medium-bodied burst of pepper, earth, and cedar before completing with a smooth, solid finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer99 View Post
    Geez Rich, I think you're single handedly keeping Cbid in business. Great scores! I recently picked up a box of Pueblo Dominicano robustos for $43 and have them resting a little. The first one ROTT was slow to start but really picked up by the time it hit the final third. Box date on the bottom of the box is only a couple of weeks ago so these need some time.....A few months from now, I expect them to be really great.
    .....hey, I thank God often for Cigar Bid. If they shut down, I cannot imagine what I would be smoking on my limited budget. It certainly wouldn't be any $5per Pueblo Dominicano's. They are VERY SIMILAR to the Undercrown. That was the first thing I thought of when I was torching the only Undercrown I have smoked, the 5x54 Robusto a few months back. I have found the Pueblo's improve noticeably after 4 to 6 weeks of naked aging. Very smooth, high-medium flavor, and for that price, one of the best flavor option out their.

Cbid is a really great place to score good solid smokes for around $2 or often less. With the plethora of very good cigars out there, knowing what is good and under the radar can result in some quality smokes for little coin. I only smoke about 4 cigars a week and don't turn over inventory that often, which is helpful, since I'm trying to build up some aged stock. If I had a slightly larger budget and more storage, I sure as heck would have a lot more cigars. I've had to turn away from some amazing deals for just those two reasons.

.....anyone looking for an awesome 10 or 20 cigars sampler for well under $2per 5x48. Should be able to score one of these for $19, maybe $22. They are offering so many the price will be crazy low. I have burned through two already. And they ALL smoked and tasted great, weather you leave them in the 10x48 size, or cut them in the middle and smoke a 5x48. I recall I clipped the Diesel, Man O War & Ruination, Triple 'A', and Achilles. Smoked the G2, AJ Fernandez Connecticut, Gurkha Red & Blue, and the Graycliff Turbo in the 10x48 size. Loved them all. Figures they only offered two on Saturday, my last big bidding day.
    Double Happiness Sampler - 10 Cigars (#122619 - CigarBid.com
    1 - 5 Vegas Triple-A Two-Headed Monster 10” x 48 very good
    1 - Diesel Two-Headed Monster 10” x 48 excellent
    1 - Double Happiness Two-Headed Monster 10” x 48 nice and smooth
    1 - Graycliff G2 Two-Headed Monster 10” x 48 nice and smooth
    1 - Graycliff Turbo Two-Headed Monster 10” x 48 excellent
    1 - Gurkha Blue Two-Headed Monster 10” x 48 soso-not bad
    1 - Gurkha Red Two-Headed Monster 10” x 48 very good
    1 - Man O’ War Two-Headed Monster 10” x 48 very good
    1 - Man O’ War Ruination Two-Headed Monster 10” x 48 excellent
    1 - Padilla Achilles Two-Headed Monster 10” x 48 very good

.....I am on a 6.5"x52 PADILLA ACHILLES TORO kick. I will do that often. Go through a 5 Pack in 5 days. This smooth smoking Habano from 2006 tastes great. Just saw they went on sale on C.I.'s Close-Out page. Have to snatch a few boxes up before the disappear. This Padilla Achilles Toro gets Rated 86. Very nice.

.....also got some good news earlier tonight. One of my partners in cigars, Andrew 'Snagstangl' will be sending me half of his Cigar Auctioneer box score, the TABACOS BAEZ SERIE 'SF' TORO (6" x 50) by Don Pepin Garcia. TABACOS BAEZ SERIE 'H' is one excellent tasting, 90 Rated smoke. Reviews were good for the SF, meaning 'Short Filler' line, 70% long, 30% short, according to the master himself. Can't wait!

.....just saw a NEW 5 Vegas line is on the way. "HIGH PRIMINGS" takes the smooth and tasty filler of the 5 Vegas Classic line and uses a thick Habano wrapper as opposed to the Classic's Sumatra. Should be quit a cigar.
    http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...m=CS-5VC&cat=3
    Last edited by rah0785; 03-19-2012 at 03:03 AM.

.....I just spotted a few more new ones, at least I have never seen them anyway,

LA AURORA 107 MADURO - Should be a good smoke
    https://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=1029

DIESEL CRUCIBLE - $12.00per. Can this be $8.00 better then the Unlimited or Holy Cocktail?
    https://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=1158

MARIO PALOMINO - Another Connecticut wrapped goody??
    https://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=1159

ROYAL NICRAGUAN OSCURO by J Fuego - Already at Cigar Bid. Only selling box's. Hate to buy 20 before a 5 Pack
    https://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=1156

ROYAL NICAAGUAN SUMATRA by J Fuego - Same as above.
    https://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=1155

SOL CUBANO SPECIAL DARK - Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet is a good mild smoke. These Oliva made Habanos should be good as well.
    https://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=1146

ROCKY PATEL WINTER COLLECTION 2012
    https://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=1137
    Last edited by rah0785; 03-19-2012 at 12:15 PM.

.....I am very glad GURKHA has rebounded with some new excellent tasting cigar lines and got away from the dozens of "their all the same" Maduro & Connecticut cigar lines. Every new line I have sampled has been far from the usual Gurkha. Let everyone keep bad mouthing the brand. Not sampling new smokes because you did not care for a previous blend is a bit narrow minded. Especially since MOST Gurkha blends up to this point have been at least Good, Average cigars.

.....the Gurkha Grand Age offer a real Cuban type cigar. As I said before, it is a slightly milder version of the Bolivar Cofradia Suntuoso, a magnificent smoke. The Grand Age dishes out solid high medium notes of leather, spice, and great natural tobacco flavor.

.....this Gurkha Havana Legend Torpedo I am smoking now is a LEGIT Habano that hold it's own against a La Gloria Cubana or Tabacos Baez Serie 'H' any day. This is one that would could improve quit a bit with some decent humidor time.

.....and the three lines that offer some of the best burnt, chard like tobacco flavor with a touch of sweetness are the Legend Vintage 2001, Estate Select Vintage Shaggy, and the Archive. Are are just great tasting cigars that can't be knocked in any way.

.....and the last new gem I took to was the Gurkha Ancient Reserve. It reminded me a lot of the Perdomo Exhibicion Sungrown. Smooth, medium flavor with just a hint of spice. Perfect burn and draw every time. Again, zero negative qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by rah0785 View Post
    .....just saw a NEW 5 Vegas line is on the way. "HIGH PRIMINGS" takes the smooth and tasty filler of the 5 Vegas Classic line and uses a thick Habano wrapper as opposed to the Classic's Sumatra. Should be quit a cigar.
    5 Vegas High Primings - Cigars International
    I'm looking forward to the 5 Vegas High Primings. I've enjoyed every 5 Vegas I've ever smoked and am looking forward to this new blend, which it seems is like the Classic on steroids. Those new Diesels look promising as well, but the price and limited availability might keep them away from me.

I'm looking forward to the 5 Vegas High Primings. I've enjoyed every 5 Vegas I've ever smoked and am looking forward to this new blend, which it seems is like the Classic on steroids. Those new Diesels look promising as well, but the price and limited availability might keep them away from me.
    .....I have liked them all as well. The Cask-Strength and Miami have some of the best flavor out their. All are at least good smokes. The 5 VEGAS CLASSIC CHURCHILL ages like a real gem. Had a 25 box resting in a large C.I. bag for almost a year. Not all 25 of course. I dipped into the bag over the course of the year until two weeks ago when I torched the last one. The $2per price tag is amazing. Would sell for $5 easy at a Local B&M. I have some of the 6"x48 Double Corona coming in a few weeks. Would bet like many blends the flavor increases in the thinner ringed sizes.

.....and I would bet the few Diesel Crucibles they end up offering at Cigar Bid will close well above $12per. Figure it is a ONCE IN A LIFETIME BUY, and being one of the best and most popular cigar brands made, a one time 'crazy high' won't be a surprise. I would suggest you simply buy a single at Cigar.com for $12 and then score one lot from their daily cigar deal, which usually has at least one good offer, and get free shipping. If I have some extra loot available when they show up, that is my plan. Like one of the three today is the Alec Bradley Tempus Quadrum (5.5" x 55), one of the best tasting cigars made. 10 for $39.95 plus free shipping is a very good deal.
    Cigar.com - Daily Cigar Deal

.....and I have to go one record and say this PUEBLO DOMINICANO TORO (6.5" x 50) (Rated 91) is one of the BEST tasting cigars available right now. This cigar, for the price, can match excellent flavor with many smokes I have partaken off that cost twice as much. I believe it is a blend by Jose Blanco, who has just put out the PUEBLO DOMINICANO SERIES II, which sounds as good as this one I am enjoying right now. About half way through and it is becoming a little taxing on my empty stomach. I guess more smokers are taking notice as I never see it close at $2per like it did over last summer at Cigar Bid. A must try cigar for anyone who loves AB Tempus or Black Market, Padilla Sig.'32, Undercrown, or Oliva Serie 'V'.
    Pueblo Dominicano Auctions - CigarBid.com

.....here ya go. No one can ever accuse me of not trying to be helpful. Anyone interest in some $20per high-mild Connecticut's? Then this 6.7" x 43 Lonsdale is your smoke. Hints of creamy wood and earth. How unique.
    Stradivarius Lonsdale (Single) (#1230144) - CigarBid.com

Yeah, the Tempus Quadrums for four bucks each shipped is too good to pass up. I've heard it's the best size in the Tempus line, though I've found all the sizes I've sampled to be very good. The Churchill does stand out and I do love a good lancero, which is also one of the offered sizes I found to smoke really well, so I can't wait to try out this size.

Yeah, the Tempus Quadrums for four bucks each shipped is too good to pass up. I've heard it's the best size in the Tempus line, though I've found all the sizes I've sampled to be very good. The Churchill does stand out and I do love a good lancero, which is also one of the offered sizes I found to smoke really well, so I can't wait to try out this size.
    .....I love Lanceros. Some of the BEST I have smoked are the Padilla Miami, Signature 1932, Serie '68, and 1948, along with SWAG, CUBAO, and Tatuaje Havana.

.....and what is funny is the AB '90' Rated 2nds Quadrum (5.5x55) is what blew me away first. And everyone else I guess because it was one of the few sizes that has been sold out most of the time. Only after smoking that cast-off did I order the front-line Quadrum, and it was equally awesome. The Maduro Tempus was a let down though. Not that it was a bad cigar, just came no where near the Habano wrapped line as far as good, tangy full flavor. Should have kept the Habano wrapper on and just added the maduro over top. Now that would have been DA SHIT. Cigar Bid has them on FREE FALL now dropping to around $3.30per, but the $5 S&H makes that deal a wash compared with yours.

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast