Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

New cigar sampling routine/habits

This is a discussion on New cigar sampling routine/habits within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; .....they NEVER offer enough DIESEL or DIESEL UNLIMITED at Cigar Bid for any bidder to score any for under $3per. ...

Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

.....they NEVER offer enough DIESEL or DIESEL UNLIMITED at Cigar Bid for any bidder to score any for under $3per. FREE FALL has them for around $2.70per. 10 of the 5x56 Unholy Cocktail for $29.95 is a good deal.

Cigar.com - Daily Cigar Deal

.....also had another sweet night of bidding to rebuild my inventory. Good deals have been far and few between as they keep posting 600+ cigar auctions on their two biggest days of the week, but only offer 1 or 2 lots in that auctions, driving up bids. Not to mention the DOZENS of one single single auctions. One single for a whole 5 day auction. WTF. One last biggie I still have out is on 25 excellent tasting Leon Jimenes Maduro Robusto's, that I need desperately to help fill my 125 count maduro box. Here is what I was able to pinch for a decent price Friday and Saturday,

10~Vigilante Corojo Torpedo (6" x 52) for $15

3 ~ Cuba Libre One Toro (6" x 52) for $6

1 ~ 5 Vegas Series 'A' Box-Pressed Apex (6.2" x 52) for $2

6 ~ Don Lino Africa Tembo (7.5" x 50) for $12

10~Pinar del Rio Reserva Limitada Robusto (5" x 52) for $20

1 ~ Gurkha Estate Selection Vintage Shaggy Prince (5" x 52) for $2

5 ~ La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte Salomon (7.1" x 57) for $10

30~Arganese Connecticut Churchill (7" x 50) for $32

5 ~ Cu-Avana Connecticut Belicoso (6" x 52) for $4

6 ~ Padilla Cazadores Toro Gordo (6" x 60) for $12

4 ~ Graycliff 'G2' Torpedo (6" x 52) for $8

10~Evelio Pyramid (7" x 54) for $11

5 ~ La Estrella Cubana Oscuro Churchill (7" x 50) for $5

2 ~ Gurkha Grand Age Churchill (7.5" x 54) for $6

5 ~ Perdomo Reserve La Tradicion Golf Series Churchill (7" x 50) for $11

5 ~ 5 Vegas Series 'A' Anomaly (4.5" x 44) for $7

5 ~ Carlos Torano Dominico Churchill (7" x 50) for $5

1 ~ A. Fernandez 5-Star Sampler No. II - 5 Cigars total for $10.00
    1 - 5 Vegas Triple-A (5" x 56)
    1 - Diesel Unlimited d.X (belicoso) (5.75" X 56)
    1 - Est. 1844 Anejado No. 50-xtra (6.0" x 50)
    1 - La Herencia Cubana CORE Toro (6.5" x 52)
    1 - Man O' War Ruination Robusto #1 (5.5" x 54)

2 ~ Graycliff Top-Shelf Torpedos - 4 Cigars total for $10
    2 - Graycliff 1666 PGX Torpedo (6" x 52)
    2 - Graycliff Profesionale PGX Torpedo (6" x 52)

20~CI Legends Series Don Pepin Garcia Toro (5.7" x 54) for $54.50

25~Felipe Gregorio Centenario Robusto (5" x 50) for $26

5 ~ Pioneer Valley Connecticut Toro (6" x 50) for $7

3 ~ Alec Bradley American Classic Blend Torpedo (6.1" x 52) for $6

5 ~ Gurkha Ancient Reserve Churchill (7.5" x 52) for $13

1 ~ Gispert Maduro Belicoso (6" x 52) for $2

2 ~ Signature Collection 8-Year Aged Sun Grown Robusto (5" x 50) for $4

3 ~ Oliveros Sun Grown Toro (6" x 50) for $6

3 ~ Padilla Artemis Torpedo (6.2" x 52) for $6

3 ~ Pinar del Rio Reserva Limitada Toro (6" x 54) for $6

1 ~ Gurkha Viper Fang (7" x 46) for $2

5 ~ Kinky Friedman 'The Governor' (5.7" x 60) for $10

5 ~ CI Legends Series Perdomo Torpedo (5.7" x 54) for $11.50

.....Will snatch this order up April 17th, plus the 200 I have arriving tomorrow, and hopefully bring my inventory back up near the magic 500 number.

.....Down to the last 7 hours to get 10 of the new 5 VEGAS HIGH PRIMINGS TORPEDO (6" x 54) for $22.00! I got mine locked up. Hoping it joins the mini run of good new medium Habano wrapped cigars I have enjoyed over the past month like Gurkha Havana Legend, Padilla La Terraza, Tabacos Baez Serie SF, Perdomo Alabao, and Pinar del Rio 1878 Habano. Lots of fine tasting options in case the Padilla Cazadores ever disappears. Still waiting on the Padilla Cazadores Maduro that was supposed to debut in 2012.
    5 Vegas High Primings Auctions - CigarBid.com

.....smoking my last SAINT LUIS REY SERIE 'G' MADURO TORPEDO (6.5" x 54), Rated 90. An excellent, semi sweet, full flavored darkie. A must try for any madruo junky. You can steal one from Cigar Auctioneer most nights for $3per. I tried to smoke my last ROLL BACK MADURO TORO (6" x 50) earlier that I had resting in my maduro box for a few months. It was just HORRIBLE. Tasted like rotting leather with no hint of any decent maduro flavor. Guess Cusano has no shame relating their name to complete unsmokeable garbage. The cigar was in the trash after one inch.

The shipping on your orders must be through the roof. Is there a ceiling on shipping charges or does it keep adding up with each additional item?

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BKDW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer99 View Post
    The shipping on your orders must be through the roof. Is there a ceiling on shipping charges or does it keep adding up with each additional item?
    Generally speaking, I have found with orders around $100, expect shipping to be around 20% of that total, when all is said and done, especially of you get singles and 5ers. If you stick to boxes, it will be less of that percentage.

Thanks for the tip on the Pueblo Dominicano. I am ON IT, trust me.
    "I don't expect a consumer to spend $15 on a cigar and have to sit on it for two years..." Jorge Padron

Quote Originally Posted by rah0785 View Post

.....smoking my last SAINT LUIS REY SERIE 'G' MADURO TORPEDO (6.5" x 54), Rated 90. An excellent, semi sweet, full flavored darkie. A must try for any madruo junky. You can steal one from Cigar Auctioneer most nights for $3per. I tried to smoke my last ROLL BACK MADURO TORO (6" x 50) earlier that I had resting in my maduro box for a few months. It was just HORRIBLE. Tasted like rotting leather with no hint of any decent maduro flavor. Guess Cusano has no shame relating their name to complete unsmokeable garbage. The cigar was in the trash after one inch.
    Those Saint Luis Rey's are quite underrated, and inexpensive to boot. Sorry to hear about that Roll Back. Thanks for taking another hit for the team.
    "I don't expect a consumer to spend $15 on a cigar and have to sit on it for two years..." Jorge Padron

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer99 View Post
    ....$35.00 is the highest I paid for 21 pounds of Tobacco. S&H for this order will be around $25.00. Cigar Bids S&H sucks compared to Cigar Auctioneer, which charges like any other retailer. Recall my 90 stick order from them in January shipped for about $7.

.....I hope these made by Perdomo quick smokes are as good as the reviews I read. LIGA IV ALMIRANTE CORONA (5.5" x 43), 25 for $16.00. Going on the below reviews written by smokers for another forums cigar database, one of the most complete I have ever seen. Their were only two reviews that said they were to mild of a cigar, but still had hints of this and that, so I did not take them seriously. Even they Rated it 2 and 2.5 out of 5, and reviewed like they were expecting a boat load of flavor.
    Liga IV Almirante - 25 Cigars (#1240589) - CigarBid.com
    CIGAR BID product details.
    Cigar Size:5.5" x 43
    Liga IV is a mild to medium-bodied gem that smokes as good as it looks. Creamy, silky and oh-so smooth. Densely packed, with a generous helping of premium, aged long-fillers inside a leathery wrapper leaf, your palate will surely appreciate the pleasant flavors ranging from sweet floral hints to toasted cedar, while the aftertaste keeps you more than satisfied between puffs. Mellow and smooth from start to finish, Liga IV is a Dominican-made treat you’ll want to make time for every day.

.....reviews read as follows.....
    Rating: 4 Star Rating out of 5
    I'll be honest, I didn't expect much from this cigar. I picked up a 5er from C-bid for the whopping price of $1 so I figured it would be just that...a $.20 smoke. Boy, was I wrong! I really enjoyed this cigar! It isn't the prettiest stick in the box, but it felt nice, snipped and lit well, and had a super draw. The ash was firm to an inch + and was a nice white color. Flavor was mild, with no pepper, but was pleasant, and had a nice resting aroma. All-in-all, I'm glad to have more of these, and even ordered another 5er from the devil site ($3 this time)!

Rating: 3.5 Star Rating of of 5
    A great bargain cigar. Plenty of good leathery taste with a bit of caramel, lots of smoke, some decent rolling, and no re-lights needed. I have a few more of these and will definitely have another...it could almost be a 4 star cigar for me.

Rating: 4.5 Star Rating out of 5
    THIS IS GREAT!!! Nutty and creamy, its like smoking a creamy coffee! In fact it goes SUPER GOOD with a creamy coffee! Nice mild and tasty, good relaxing delicious cigar. Bought 50 to try em and bought another 100! They aren't complex, pretty much just nutty and creamy but do you really need anything else!?

Rating: 3 Star Rating out of 5
    Wow, what can I say. Mild is a bit of an understatement. Everything about this cigar was great, look, feel, everything, then there was the actual smoking. After I was done I wondered if I'd smoked a cigar at all. I won 5 on cbid so I think I'll let the rest of them spend some more time in the humi and see if that helps out at all.

Rating: 3.5 Star Rating out of 5
    Definitely a bargain. Not sure why it's rated as a mild medium in the description, it's flavorful but quite mild all in all. There's a fair bit of variation in the wrappers between bundles - I have one that's a golden tone, and one that's the color of chocolate. Nice flavor, a little floral note. Smoke is pretty good, packed tight, and lasts positively ages for a petit corona.

Rating: 3 Star Rating out of 5
    For what it is, I have to give it a 3.5 I've smoked 75 of these during the past couple of years and other than a few that had a hard draw, they all burned well and tasted pretty darn good. The construction is a little inconsistent but excellent for a cigar that sells for $29.95 (for 50). The ash is light gray, the wrapper is a little leatherly but holds together and burns well. To appreciate what a bargain cigar Liga IV is, don't smoke them right out of the wrapper. Leave these in the humidor for a couple of months before trying one and you'll be glad you did. I made the mistake of smoking one right out of the cellophane and to me it tasted like dirt. A few weeks later the flavor improved ten-fold.
    I lowered my overall rating to 3.0 based on other cigars I've smoked and how they compare with this one.

A good cigar for a change! I enjoyed this one. Not great, but solidly good. Mild, well constructed, except for being hard as a rock when I got it at cigarbid for $3/5 cigars. It needed a month in my humidor at high humidity to soften it to my satisfaction. I liked that it wasn't loosely filled. Burned very regularly, but face it, it's a small cigar and I was ready for another when it finished. I changed the score from 3 stars to 3.5 many months later out of fairness to this stick.

Certainly not a bad smoke for the money. CI has these for $35 for 50 sticks, and that includes shipping. The cigar is mild with nutty tones. I also get the sense that the tobacco is a little old and tired (aged they call it). Construction is a little uneven, sometimes the roll is a little loose, other times a little tight. Still after 30 sticks I've not had to throw one away. Newbie smokers I hand this out to praise it highly. All in all a good cheap cigar well worth the money.

.....also pinched 20 LA PERLA HABANA COBRE BELICOSO (6.2" x 52) for $28.00. NICE!

.....and 25 of the 93 Rated LEON JIMENES MADURO ROBUSTO (5" x 50) for $55.00 VERY SWEET! One of the best maduros I smoked in 2011.

.....and 10 of the new 5 VEGAS HIGH PRIMINGS TORPEDO (6" x 54) for $22.00. Excepting another good Habano smoke here. A few more small bids out and I am done for a few months.

.....my bud Andrew (Snagstangl) turned me on to great tasting 4x42 quickies in our last two trades. Try FAMOUS BUENOS NATURALES & MADURITOS (4x42), both Rated 85. 40 are on sale for $37.95. A perfect smoking 30 minute cigar.

Search Famous Smoke Shop

.....a few sticks, some new to Cigar Bid, that I want to try. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated.

.....the OVAL was very good, as well as the Connecticut. I would bet my last smoke the Habano is equally as good.
    San Lotano Habano Toro (#1240945) - CigarBid.com

.....WOW, at $27per 6.5"x47 PARTAGAS. Like the very smooth, but hardly medium in flavor Camacho 1962 Pre-Embargo, over priced by about 400%?
    Partagas Signature 150 Series 'B' (Single) (#1238135) - CigarBid.com

.....can't be $9 better then the Unholy Cocktail or Limited.
    Diesel Crucible (#1240851) - CigarBid.com

.....I have always held off because the Perdomo value lines Milenario Cameroon & Maduro Torpedos are just lousy. Do these "FRESH-ROLLED" have any good flavor?
    Perdomo Fresh-Rolled Torpedo (#1240859) - CigarBid.com

.....always closes above $3per. Are they worth the extra change when compared to other Cigar Bid $3per gems?
    Onyx Reserve Torbusto (#1240916) - CigarBid.com

.....Felipe Gregorio Dominicana 6x52 Torpedo was a decent mild smoke. That size is not longer made and was from a different batch. Anyone try the 5x50's?
    Felipe Dominicana Robusto (20) (#1241595) - CigarBid.com

.....Graycliff Espresso Series 5.2x50 Robusto - worth $6per?
    Graycliff Espresso Series - PG (robusto) (24) (#124162 - CigarBid.com

.....Nicaraguan '90' Rated 2nds. You know the AB '90' Rated 2nds are going to be good. Who the hell are these 2nds too?
    Nicaraguan 90+ Rated 2nds Petite Corona (15) (#1241637) - CigarBid.com

.....the regular Diamond Crown line is over-priced about $11per cigar. Is the Maximus worth a $13per buy?
    Diamond Crown Maximus Robusto No. 5 - 5-Pack (#1239821) - CigarBid.com

.....La Aurora Puro Vintage. Worth the price?
    La Aurora Puro Vintage Salamone - 5-Pack (#1239863) - CigarBid.com

.....same for Guillermo Leon.
    Guillermo Leon Corona Gorda - 5-Pack (#123983 - CigarBid.com

.....5 Vegas Freedom Blend 7x52 Maduro Figurado. Worth a $4per single bid? $2per better then the Classic & High Primings?
    5 Vegas Freedom Blend Figurado (Single) (#1234516) - CigarBid.com

.....EP CARRILLO ELEENCOS SERIES = 2 a $6per bid?
    E.P. Carrillo Elencos Series Elites (Single) (#1234559) - CigarBid.com

As for EP carrillo, I have nothing but good things to say. I would say wait--try to get them at $5.....
    Also try his other offerings. He is the truth!

Diamond crown is definitely overpriced. Good cigar, but overpriced. If you really want to try them, go ahead. But based on what I know of your tastes, you're most likely going to be disappointed.

Haven't had it in a couple years, but Onyx is quite solid from what I remember. $2-3 bucks a stick is fair....I wouldn't bid more than $3 a stick. You can get a 5er of the robustos from Famous for $19, to give you an idea. People overbid on those sticks out of ignorance. Onyx has always been an inexpensive smoke.

Full grown Puffer Fish wahoofever's Avatar

.....my bud Andrew (Snagstangl) turned me on to great tasting 4x42 quickies in our last two trades. Try FAMOUS BUENOS NATURALES & MADURITOS (4x42), both Rated 85. 40 are on sale for $37.95. A perfect smoking 30 minute cigar.

Search Famous Smoke Shop
    I have been thinking about buying these for some time. Thats not a bad price for the box.

Do you like them? Reviews seem mixed but at a buck each should not expect much.

Quote Originally Posted by wahoofever View Post
    I have been thinking about buying these for some time. Thats not a bad price for the box.

Do you like them? Reviews seem mixed but at a buck each should not expect much.
    like I said, for a good 30 minute smoke the taste great. Two other great tasting Quickies are the CAO BRAZILIA & ITALIA 4x32. They are fairly cheap at CI and both offer 90+ Rated flavor. 50 for $90 I think.

Full grown Puffer Fish wahoofever's Avatar

like I said, for a good 30 minute smoke the taste great. Two other great tasting Quickies are the CAO BRAZILIA & ITALIA 4x32. They are fairly cheap at CI and both offer 90+ Rated flavor. 50 for $90 I think.
    Roger that. I think I'll grab a box tonight along with a 5'er of the Oliva O #4's that I have been wanting to try.

For short smokes I've been going with the J Fuego Sangre Del Toro's and Originals at about $105/60. I just finished a Five Vegas series A Anomaly with 5 months on it. I had purchased 20 of them for $40 shipped on MMAO in October. The Anomalies have gotten a little better, slightly smoother, but I like the J Fuego Originals better for short maduros and they are a little cheaper as well. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Famous Maduritos will be comparable to the 5 Vegas Anomaly's and I can switch over to them at a lower price point than the 5 Vegas Anomalies.

In the spirit of the thread I did pick up a box of the Berger and Argenti Classico Corona for $57 shipped and a 5'er of the La Aurora 107 Corona's and smoked one of each ROTT.

The Berger and Argentis smelled just like the Mooch's which I am very fond of. I have hope for these but the last 2/3 had some off notes not expected from a B&E smoke and I'm going to chalk it up to being over humidified from the shipper as those off notes were a slight bitterness. I have really wanted to try another but know I must give it some time.

Now the La Aurora 107 Corona's I was pretty taken with. Not blown away, but rather satisfied and wondering how much better they are going to get and immediately made a mental note to watch for deals on boxes. I'm sure a box of these are in my future, I'm just not in a rush to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by wahoofever View Post
    Roger that. I think I'll grab a box tonight along with a 5'er of the Oliva O #4's that I have been wanting to try.
    For short smokes I've been going with the J Fuego Sangre Del Toro's and Originals at about $105/60. I just finished a Five Vegas series A Anomaly with 5 months on it. I had purchased 20 of them for $40 shipped on MMAO in October. The Anomalies have gotten a little better, slightly smoother, but I like the J Fuego Originals better for short maduros and they are a little cheaper as well. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Famous Maduritos will be comparable to the 5 Vegas Anomaly's and I can switch over to them at a lower price point than the 5 Vegas Anomalies.
    In the spirit of the thread I did pick up a box of the Berger and Argenti Classico Corona for $57 shipped and a 5'er of the La Aurora 107 Corona's and smoked one of each ROTT.
    The Berger and Argentis smelled just like the Mooch's which I am very fond of. I have hope for these but the last 2/3 had some off notes not expected from a B&E smoke and I'm going to chalk it up to being over humidified from the shipper as those off notes were a slight bitterness. I have really wanted to try another but know I must give it some time.
    Now the La Aurora 107 Corona's I was pretty taken with. Not blown away, but rather satisfied and wondering how much better they are going to get and immediately made a mental note to watch for deals on boxes. I'm sure a box of these are in my future, I'm just not in a rush to get them.

.....LA AURORA 107 is a very good Corojo smoke. Got two of the 5x50 Robusto in my order today. I also started going through the new lines that arrived today. First up was,

FELIPE GREGORIO FUSION TORPEDO (6.5" x 52) Felipe Gregorio has yet to make a TOP SHELF premium cigar. But this Fusion is at least a good daily Habano that is worth a try. Very smooth, medium flavor with just a little spice. Maybe more will come out with some humidor time. Gets a solid 84 Rating. The low price makes them all the more appealing. Also smoked my first

PERDOMO CUBAN BULLET MADURO TORPEDO (5.7" x 54) Another excellent cigar from Perdomo. The Cuban Seed Bullet is a good, low medium smoke. The Connecticut is a very good high mild option. This maduro was a huge surprise. FULL flavored all the way with a solid offering of a unique char'd like chocolate flavor. A must try for any maduro lover. Rated 91. And another fine tasting quickie,

CUBAN HONEYS CORONA (5.5" x 43) Mildly sweet, very smooth and creamy. Me likey. 10 for $19 was a great buy. They smoke great with a powerful draw. Rated 80. And right now I am enjoying a,

INDIAN TABAC SUPER FUERTE DOUBLE CORONA (7.5" x 52) The Robusto size was not a good cigar. Force smoked 5 over the summer. Even with some age they were lousy. This big size is like a different cigar. Out of the cello it is hardly a fuerte though. Very smooth, solid medium Corojo flavor. Will see if 4 to 6 weeks of naked aging helps bring out some kick. Still a good flavor, Rated 84 for now. The the F.G. Fusion, the price makes these an even better daily smoke option.

.....nothing better then starting you morning out with a smooth smoking, 7.5"x52 MARK TWAIN NO.2. Excellent first cigar of the day. Late last night I also burned a,

GURKHA MASTER'S SELECT CHURCHILL (7" x 50) Very good, sweet Habano flavor after one day out of the cello. If you have the inventory to let these beauts age, I highly recommend you do so. Upgrade a full level of great flavor after a good year, or more. Rated 90.

.....also tried a few Connecticut fill in smokes to enjoy when you are craving a mild stick. Like every mild cigar, they all differ slightly in flavor, so a 5 Pack sampling is smarter before any box purchase.

CIBAO ROBUSTO (5" x 50) Good, creamy mild smoke.
    FONSECA ROBUSTO (5" x 50) Top quality and a leather flavor base. Not my cup of tea, but still worth a try. Same with
    FONSECA OVERRUNS NO.1 (7.5"x50) Excellent value. Same as above. Going to see if some aging dulls away some of that leather that stands out now.
    PADILLA FUMAS CONNECTICUT TORPEDO (6.2" x 52) like the Sumatra and Maduro, these suck. Even somewhat bitter.
    LIGA IV ALMIRANTE CORONA (5.5" x 43) I don't believe the 'hype' story I read about these were Perdomo "let them age 7 years after rolling". Seems a little much for a sub $1per cigar. Still a good mild cigar. Mine were to moist, but still got two inches of good, creamy mild flavor.
    DEVILS WEED CHURCHILL (7"x50) A big surprise. Was not expecting much from such a grungy looking cigar. Excelent draw, and a very nice, creamy, maybe slightly nutty flavor base. For $1per these kick-ass. After some aging the Maduro is sweet as well.

.....up next the $15.00per GURKHA WIDOW MAKER MADURO CHURCHILL (7" x 52). The Connecticut was a very good smoke. Very similar to MAN O WAR VIRTUE. Also have my first EP CARRILLO NEW WAVE and GRAYCLIFF PROFESSIONALE SERIE BLUE 7"x48 ready for later today. I am sure both will offer enough to justify their $3per price tag (from Cigar Bid that is).

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast