Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

New cigar sampling routine/habits

This is a discussion on New cigar sampling routine/habits within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; .....you can get your own 5 Pack for $90 at C.I. Made in the Bahama's GRAYCLIFF PROFESSIONALE SERIE BLUE PRESIDENTE ...

Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

.....you can get your own 5 Pack for $90 at C.I. Made in the Bahama's GRAYCLIFF PROFESSIONALE SERIE BLUE PRESIDENTE - 7"x48. Happens to be a very good cigar. Great tobacco flavor that just reaches medium in strength. Crisp and cool with an excellent draw. Rated 88. And the $3per I paid for my 3 from Cigar Bid is a good buy. Should be priced at maybe $6 or $7 at a local B&M. $18per is just for all those rich cigar snobs, who get a hard-on by lighting their smokes with $100 bills in our faces.
    Last edited by rah0785; 04-03-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BKDW's Avatar

Rich,

You were SPOT ON about the San Miguels....the flavors were somewhat muddled (lack of rest time), but there was some serious substance behind them, no doubt. I think after a year of rest, they will become 'kick-ass' smokes.
    "I don't expect a consumer to spend $15 on a cigar and have to sit on it for two years..." Jorge Padron

Quote Originally Posted by BKDW View Post
    Rich,

You were SPOT ON about the San Miguels....the flavors were somewhat muddled (lack of rest time), but there was some serious substance behind them, no doubt. I think after a year of rest, they will become 'kick-ass' smokes.
    .....oh they will kick ass for sure. Flavor is much smoother but still just a full. Got outbid twice the past week trying to win at least 10 more. I also highly recommend the Perdomo Cuban Bullet Maduro. Probably the best darkie I have tried over the past 6 months. Offers so much in char'd like chocolate flavor and spice, and years age on the could create a masterpiece. Try one now and you will see what I mean. If I had not just won 25 LEON JIMENES MADURO ROBUSTO for $55 I would Quickbuy all three lots offered. Come June when I can bid again at LEAST 20 will be mine!
    Perdomo Cuban Bullet v2.0 Maduro Auctions - CigarBid.com

.....Diesel Crucible is up to $49 for win a 5 Pack with 3 full days to go. $15per by Friday? Very possible.
    Diesel Crucible (#1240851) - CigarBid.com

....C.I. LEGENDS DON PEPIN GARCIA TORO (5.7"x54) on FREE FALL. 10 for $25.95, maybe lower. Talk about an excellent Corojo cigar. Powerful draw. Reaches high medium with some aging that brings out the spices in the solid Habano-like flavor. I scored 20 last week in a $54.50 Quickbuy. Highly recommended!
    Legends Series - Don Pepin Garcia - 10 Cigars (#1242125) - CigarBid.com

.....DIESEL UNHOLY COCKTAIL (5" x 56) 30 for $75.00, maybe lower. One of the BEST tasting, full flavored maduro's around.
    Diesel Unholy Cocktail (torpedo) - Box of 30 (#1242122) - CigarBid.com

.....put together "The BEST $2.00PER FLAVOR" cigars from Cigar Bid. What allows a cigar to qualify as a $2.00per cigar? Any time a cigar has closes either in singles, 5 Packs, or Box auctions at $2per with some consistency. And I don't mean maybe once, the 10th single, that all bidders already paying $3per, for the other nine, let you have. Qualifiers are cigars that if you are patient, and wait for the proper posting time, can be pinched for around $2per. I have smoked and sampled them ALL and know what I paid. Here is my top 20 of the BEST tasting cigars offered at Cigar Bid that can be stolen for $2per more times then not.

1 ~ 5 VEGAS CASK STRENGTH FIRKIN (6" x 60) the 6x52 Toro is great, but not a SMOOTH as the 6x60. With proper aging I am sure it could be.
    2 ~ PADILLA SERIE '68 TORPEDO (6.2" x 52) simply awesome. Smoked through 10 of this size the first few months of this year.
    3 ~ CARLOS TORANO NOVENTA TORO (6.5" x 54) excellent Habano flavor.
    4 ~ PERDOMO CUBAN BULLET MADURO TORPEDO (5.7" x 54) smoked my first yesterday. Can't get it off my mind.
    5 ~ SAN MIGUEL CHURCHILL - 7" x 48 0 discontinued. get them while they last!
    6 ~ KINKY FRIEDMAN LONE-STAR NO.6 (6" x 54) a STEAL at $2per.
    7 ~ KINKY FRIEDMAN 'BIG RICHARD' (6.5" x 54) named after me? NOT.
    8 ~ LA PERLA HABANA MORADO BELICOSO (6.2" x 52) unique flavor consistent ever time.
    9 ~ OLIVEROS SUNGROWN CHURCHILL - 7" x 48 - one of the BEST full-flavored Sungrowns I have yet smoked.
    10~ KINKY FRIEDMAN GOVENOR (5.7" x 60) very good after a few months of naked aging.
    11~ CUBA LIBRE ONE CHURCHILL (7" x 52) ages to perfection.
    12~ LEON JIMENES MADURO ROBUSTO (5" x 50) don't judge it until you have smoked it. Did not earn a 93 Rating from C.A. for nothing.
    13~ PINAR del RIO RESERVA LIMITADA TORPEDO (6.5" x 52) the BEST PDR yet made.
    14~ CARLOS TORANO FORTESS (6" x 60) always enjoy a couple of these every few months.
    15~ GRAYCLIFF TURBO TORPEDO (6" x 60) could be the best Graycliff I have smoked.
    16~ GRAYCLIFF 1666 TORO (6" x 50) could be the best Graycliff I have smoked.
    17~ CARLOS TORANO LOYAL TORPEDO (6" x 52) chocolatey flavor after some aging.
    18~ LA PERLA HABANA ROJO BELICOSO (6.2" x 52) more good unique flavor.
    19~ CI LEGEND SERIES DON PEPIN GARCIA TORO (5.7" x 54) excellent Corojo cigar after some aging.
    20~ PADILLA CAZADORES TORO (6" x 50) my very favorite Habano wrapped cigar.

.....and some awesome flavor that teeters on the edge of around high end of $2per, but always seems to hit $3per WHEN I WANT THEM,
    1 ~ PUEBLO DOMINICANO TORO (6.5" x 50) after two months of naked aging = UNDERCROWN.
    2 ~ 5 VEGAS MIAMI M5 (5.5" x 55) if they offer enough, $2per is possible
    3 ~ ALEC BRADLEY TEMPUS QUADRUM (5.5" x 55) on FREE FALL often for just under $3per.
    4 ~ DIESEL UNLIMITED CHURCHILL - 7" x 58 - a monster cigar that gives me finishing trouble every time I torch one. I love it!
    5 ~ LA HERENCIA CUBANA CORE TORO (6.5" x 52) smooth, full flavor.
    6 ~ PADILLA MIAMI LANCERO (7.5" x 42) 25 Box's can be scored at Cigar Bid at $3per often. A great buy.
    7 ~ PADILLA DOMINUS CHURCHILL - 7" x 48 - now the highest priced Padilla offered for a Quickbuy, 24 for $125.00
    8 ~ PADILLA SIGNATURE 1932 LANCERO (7.5" x 42) could put numbers 6 thru 8 in any order, or a 3 great cigar tie.
    9 ~ CAO 'VR' FULL FATHAM FIVE (5.5" x 55) a must try for any maduro lover.
    10~DIESEL UNHOLY COCKTAIL (5" x 56) 30 for $75.00 on FREE FALL right now. If I only had the loot.

.....samplers are on the ridiculous side of cheap when including such cigars as COHIBA, COHIBA BLACK, COHIBA PURO, LA AURORA PREFERIDOS, MACANUDO, MACANUDO CRU ROYALE, MAN O WAR ARMADA, MY FATHER, MY FATHER Le Bijou, PARTAGAS, and lots of other higher priced cigars, not necessarily better, with many from the list above, most often for around $3per of less.

.....JR finally has a "really good" weekly special going. 45 great tasting smokes for $97.58. You get,

25 MACANUDO GOLD LABEL NUGGETS (4" x 60) &
    20 MONTECRISTO VINTAGE (6.6" x 44)

.....that Macanudo nub is very interesting. And when I used to buy exclusively at my local B&M's, Montecristo Vintage was one of my weekly favorites. 45 Top-Shelf Quality, high mild smokes at $2.17per can't be beat.
    JRCigars.com Weekly Specials

.....also burned my EP CARRILLO NEW WAVE GRAN VIA - 7" x 48 - Rated 87 - early this morning. Flavor profile is VERY SIMILAR to MAN O WAR VIRTUE CHURCHILL (7.5"x52), DEVILS WEED CHURCHILL(7"x50), & the GURKHA WIDOW MAKER (7"x52). If you don't mind dropping $4 or $5 on a mild smoke, go with the NEW WAVE. If you don't have $4 or $5per to drop, grab the others. You ain't missin' anything worth mentioning.

.....smoking my only LA AURORA 107 ROBUSTO (5" x 50), a sweet tasting Corojo wrapped Cigar. Definently worth a try. Rated 87.

.....and once again FREE FALL at Cigar Bid is KICKING-ASS. Some awesome flavor can be gotten for $4per, most much less. Check it out.
    CAO 'VR' FULL FATHAM FIVE (5.5"x55) more excellent maduro flavor from CAO, 10 for $27.79, maybe less.
    CAO 'VR' Full Fathom Five - 10 Cigars (#1242139) - CigarBid.com

GRAYCLIFF TURBO TORPEDO (6" x 60) one of my all time favorite Habano cigars. 10 for $28.51, maybe less is a great buy.
    Graycliff Turbo - 10 Cigars (#1242137) - CigarBid.com

OLIVA SERIE 'G' TORO (6" x 50) after come aging a very good Cameroon smoke. 10 are priced well under $30.00
    Oliva Serie 'G' Toro - 10 Cigars (#1242134) - CigarBid.com

PUEBLO DOMINICANO TORO (6.5" x 50) could be the BEST flavor on FREE FALL right now. 10 for $35.10, maybe less, is a STEAL!
    Pueblo Dominicano Toro - 10 Cigars (#1242135) - CigarBid.com

other very good premiums worth a try, all at sub $4per FREE FALL prices,
    Carlos Torano Fortress Double Toro (6x60) - 10 Cigars (#1242094) - CigarBid.com
    Graycliff Turbo Edicion Limitada Super Toro (#1242096) - CigarBid.com
    Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo El Martillo - 10 Cigars (#1242100) - CigarBid.com
    E.P. Carrillo Maduro Club 52 - 10 Cigars (#1242120) - CigarBid.com
    Padilla Signature 1932 Robusto - 10 Cigars (#124209 - CigarBid.com
    Padilla Top Tier Sampler - 9 Cigars (#1242110) - CigarBid.com
    5 Vegas Cask-Strength Toro - 10 Cigars (#1242115) - CigarBid.com
    Tatuaja Havana VI Nobles - 5 Cigars (#1242119) - CigarBid.com
    Diesel Unholy Cocktail (torpedo) - Box of 30 (#1242122) - CigarBid.com
    Gurkha Park Avenue Serie '44' Churchill - Box of 20 (#1242124) - CigarBid.com
    Legends Series - Don Pepin Garcia - 10 Cigars (#1242125) - CigarBid.com
    Tatuaje Miami Regios (robusto) - 5 Cigars (#1242131) - CigarBid.com
    Gurkha Status Natural Torpedo (no tube) - 10 Cigars (#1242111) - CigarBid.com
    Obsidian Double Perfecto - 10 Cigars (#1242116) - CigarBid.com
    Alec Bradley MAXX 'The Fix' (robusto gordo) - 10 Cigars (#124211 - CigarBid.com
    Gran Habano Vintage 2002 Churchill - 20 Cigars (#1242132) - CigarBid.com
    Man O' War Virtue Salomon - 10 Cigars (#1242141) - CigarBid.com
    ACID Opulence 3 Torpedo - 10 Cigars (#1242144) - CigarBid.com
    Carlos Torano Exodus Silver Robusto - 10 Cigars (#1242145) - CigarBid.com
    5 Vegas Triple-A - 10 Cigars (#1242130) - CigarBid.com
    Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Maduro Robusto - 10 Cigars (#1242146) - CigarBid.com

.....if you like SWAG you will love the SWAG LIMTADO INFAMOUS TORO (6" x 54). Smoked my first yesterday, Rated 86. Very similar to SWAG itself, but with a much smoother and more refined flavor. Reaches high medium. On Joe's Daily deal, 10 for $29.95 is not bad at all.
    Cigars International - Joe Cigar Daily Deal

.....and 3 sweet deals at Cigar.com. Would love to try the Replica Series PADRON ANNIVRESARY 6"x54. And OLIVA 'V' at $6per is also a decent deal. $2 to $4per cigar lower then they cost at my local. Smoked the Belicoso, 5"x54 I think, a few months back and it was excellent.
    http://www.cigar.com/DailyDeal/ccCigarDeals.asp

.....like C.I.'s Gentleman's Deuce deals, Famous Smoke Shop has all their WingMan Sampler marked down some. Fifty three different 10 Pack Combo's of some fine cigars. And a few more interesting Sampler sales.
    http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/w...oupon-SAV15402
    http://www.famous-smoke.com/nesticos...ars/item+31589
    http://www.famous-smoke.com/famous+b...ars/item+36707
    http://www.famous-smoke.com/cao+x+fa...ars/item+30144
    http://www.famous-smoke.com/famous+b...ars/item+34568
    http://www.famous-smoke.com/rp+amilc...ars/item+34737
    Last edited by rah0785; 04-06-2012 at 03:22 AM.

....now that my bid for $29.99 is safely locked in I can share this awesome deal for anyone who did not get the email.

20 PINAR del RIO OSCURO TORPEDO (6.5" x 52) for $29.99! A solid, chocolaty maduro for $1.50per. Why smoke hardly average smokes when you can get good flavor for peanuts? DAM if I know why.

Pinar del Rio Oscuro Torpedo - 20 Cigars (#1233733) - CigarBid.com

Cigar Size: 6.5" x 52
    .....If you aren't already, this deal will surely make you a believer in Pinar del Rio. This choice family of top-notch blends is on the move. A full-flavored, Cuban-esque family of tasty treats enjoyed by today's most critical enthusiasts. Today, the Private Auction trains its laser-like focus on the ultra-popular Oscuro blend....equipped with a juicy 76% discount.

PdR Oscuro is medium in body and rich to the core in deep, tobacco goodness. A specially fermented Brazilian Oscuro wrapper cloaks an aged mixture of Dominican and Nicaraguan long-fillers secured by a Criollo '98 binder. This tasty combination yields a smooth series of coffee, chocolate, and cream with each smoke-filled puff, leaving behind a gentle, spicy-sweetness on the finish. Eventful, satisfying and worth every bit of just $1.50 apiece. Consider this Private Auction a gift....a gift you'll soon savor twenty times over.

Yep, just $1.50 apiece. Bidding begins at just $29.99 per mazo of 20 Pinar del Rio Oscuro Torpedos, slashing normal retails by up to 76%.

.....you can try five of the 5.5"x54 SAN LATANO OVAL ROBUSTO for $32.60, maybe less, on FREE FALL until Tuesday. 58 different cigar offers, some priced outrageously low, like 20 of the CUBA LIBRE ONE BRUTE (4.5"x60) for around $35.00. Talk about a great tasting, one hour smoke. Would I pay over $6per for the OVAL? Ya, once. Since I have smoked two, I have no urgent desire to smoke another. It is a very good cigar. Is it better then JOYA de NICRAGUA DARK COROJO, PADILLA SIGNATURE 1932, PUEBLO DOMINICANO, or MAN O WAR RUINATION? Not the two I smoked. I would take any of those over an OVAL any day of the week. But like I said, it is a very good smoke and worth a try. They will NEVER offer enough at Cigarbid to bring the price down to $3 or $4 I am sure.
    San Lotano Oval Robusto - 5 Cigars (#124614 - CigarBid.com
    Padilla Signature 1932 Robusto - 10 Cigars (#124209 - CigarBid.com
    Pueblo Dominicano Toro - 10 Cigars (#1242135) - CigarBid.com
    Padilla Miami Limitada Oscuro Perfecto - 10 Cigars (#124613 - CigarBid.com
    Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo El Martillo - 10 Cigars (#1246132) - CigarBid.com
    Cuba Libre One 'The Brute' - 20 Cigars (#1246133) - CigarBid.com

.....I take it this "New Production" Miami is not the same as the "Made in Miami" blend? Right? Says in the product details "SAME-top rated blend" in the last line. Still have 7 of the sweet 7.5"x42 Lancero resting from my 25 box. The only difference is the band and 5 less cigars in the box. WOW!
    Padilla Miami Toro - New Production - Box of 20 (#1246141) - CigarBid.com

I may score 10 of the KINKY FRIEDMAN BIG RICHARD for $25.10. Love those. May try to get the MAN O WAR LITTLKE DEVIL (5.5" x 44) for under $4per. Have to see how my bidding goes tomorrow. The PADILLA MIAMI EDICION LIMITADA OSCURO PERFECTO (6"x60) is also an excellent maduro smoke. Burned through 19, with one still resting, over the past 6 months.
    Kinky Friedman Special Edition 'Big Richard' - 10 Cigars (#1246139) - CigarBid.com
    Man O' War Side Project : Little Devil - 10 Cigars (#1246137) - CigarBid.com

I agree with everything you said about the Oval. Smoked one and failed to understand all the hype. A decent smoke with good flavors, but not the abundance of good flavors you get with the other cigars you mentioned.

Full grown Puffer Fish wahoofever's Avatar

I got my maduritos in the mail yesterday and had one ROTT today. I'll try again in 30 days but I'm not hoping for miracles.

A couple days ago I was at dinner right down the street from a new B&M in town. I walked the fussy 15 month old down there while waiting for dinner to arrive and grabbed a 4 x 42 Room 101 Namakubi Papi Chulo. I had these once before but that was months ago, quite early in my cigar smoking journey. I remembered liking it so I tried again yesterday. Man, I really like these, nubbed it. The strength was much greater than I remembered but the taste was varied enough to keep me interested.

Too bad a cab of 50 is $260 or so. Hopefully these become regular production and are offered in smaller box sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by wahoofever View Post
    I got my maduritos in the mail yesterday and had one ROTT today. I'll try again in 30 days but I'm not hoping for miracles.
    A couple days ago I was at dinner right down the street from a new B&M in town. I walked the fussy 15 month old down there while waiting for dinner to arrive and grabbed a 4 x 42 Room 101 Namakubi Papi Chulo. I had these once before but that was months ago, quite early in my cigar smoking journey. I remembered liking it so I tried again yesterday. Man, I really like these, nubbed it. The strength was much greater than I remembered but the taste was varied enough to keep me interested.
    Too bad a cab of 50 is $260 or so. Hopefully these become regular production and are offered in smaller box sizes.
    .....ya they are very good. I did a Cigar Pass at Cigar Bids forum and one of those 4x42's made it home last December. Not surprised they run about $5per. Have to find maybe 2 or 3 BOTL's to go in on a 50 box purchase.

.....and I thought tonight was going to be a PISS-POOR night for bidding. Only 440 Cigar auctions were closing, a VERY low amount. Thus far I have kicked-ass with my bids.

25 PADILLA CAZADORES TORPEDO (6" x 52) for $49.00
    20 CI LEGENDS SERIES DON PEPIN GARCIA TORO (5.7" x 54) for $37.00
    5 ONYX RESERVE TORBUSTO (5.5" x 60) for $13.00 - have been trying to win a 5 Pack of this brand for a year. Finally scored this fatty.

.....yesterday was a fine day as well. Scored 10 more of the AWESOME 5.7"x54 PERDOMO CUBAN BULLET MADURO TORPEDO for $18.00. Also pinched,

5 PDR RESERVA LIMITADA ROBUSTO (5"x52) for $7
    5 GURKHA CLASS REGENT CHURCHILL (7.2"x52) for $7 (Torano blended this fine tasting smoke for Gurkha.)
    6 CARLOS TORANO LOYAL BFC (6"x60) for $12
    5 SAN MIGUEL CHURCHILL -7"x48- for $10 ( great cigar )
    and 5 of the new cheapo FIGHTING COCK 5x52 for $9. Some idiot stole my F. COCK' two night ago for a whopping over bid of $16 for 5. I still refused to pay more then $11 max for my F. COCK 5 Pack, seeing 20 for for $29.95 at CI. I mean how much is a pack of F. COCK REALLY WORTH???? Can't stomach bidders that will overpay for a 5 Pack of COCK. ENOUGH? Ya, I am done. NO, NO. I have see what the 8x54 is called. That is the max size of the COCK line, maybe THE BIG COCK?
    .....Says "You MAY be missing out on a very good thing". Like didn't they smoke a few before buying 6 pallets full. Write it up like it is the Habano of the ages, and for only a buck fifty! HA HA HA HA We shall see.
    Cigar Size: 5" x 52
    Don't look past this cigar....you may be missing out on a very good thing. Handmade in Nicaragua, Fighting Cock offers a fine blend of mellow Nicaraguan long-fillers inside a silky, golden-hued Habano wrapper. The smoke is quite mellow, topping out at the mild side of medium, but each puff offers a buttery-smooth bouquet with notes of cream and coffee, with a subtle touch of earth, oak, and pepper. I know....sounds a little complex for such a mellow smoke, but light a couple up and roll the smoke around your palate before each exhale. Fighting Cock is enjoyable and prime for your regular rotation.

....THANK DE LORD!!! I FINALLY won at least a 5 Pack of my ALL-TIME favorite Connecticut wrapped cigar that has been so scarce at Cigar Bid the past 9 months. Five of the 5"x54 PERDOMO RESERVE 10th ANNIVERSARY CHAMPAGNE ROBUSTO for $17.00. The 7x54 Torpedo was the best tasting of all sizes. Probably because it look like it had been aging for quit a while. Last Spring and even into the Summer I was picking up a couple of 10 Packs off of FREE FALL at $2.81per of the 6"x54 Epicure every single month. Got a bit spoiled. Then they dried up. Hopefully, since they are the NUMBER ONE selling Perdomo cigar they will get a new batch in soon and start flooding the Cigar Bid auction boards with them again for around $3per.

.....Also pinched a 5 Pack of the KINKY FRIEDMAN KINKSTER'S CHURCHILL (7"x50) = to ASHTON in every single way, except the perfect burn. Trying to get at least 5 of every Connecticut at Cigar Bid to rebuild my high mild inventory that was at ZERO until last Monday. Have been burning through the creamy smooth MARK TWAIN NO.2 (7.5" x 52) at a one per day pace. By the way, the BEST NEW Connecticut wrapped cigars I have smoked over the past year were XEN by Nish Patel Flight Sampler & The Griffins 6.2"x52 Toro. Both are simply perfect. Here is a FYI list of the "good" Connecticut wrapped cigars you can trust as far as flavor goes, offering at least one of the following with ZERO bitterness or bad after taste. They either have a woody, nutty, buttery creamy flavor base.

.....My favorites from Cigar Bid and Cigar Auctioneer-
    PERDOMO RESERVE CHAMPAGNE TORPEDO (7" x 54)
    XEN by Nish Patel (All sizes are perfect)
    THE GRIFFINS TORO (6.2" x 52)
    DON TOMAS SPECIAL EDITION TORO (6" x 52)
    MARK TWAIN NO.2 (7.5" x 52)
    ARGANESE CHURCHILL (7" x 50)

.....And the others I would not mind smoking at all, and their BEST tasting size-
    5 VEGAS GOLD CHURCHILL (7" x 50)
    CU-AVANA CHURCHILL (7" x 50)
    REPOSADO '96 SALOMON - 7.1" x 58
    DEVILS WEED CHURCHILL (7" x 50)
    KINKSTER'S BUNDLES CHURCHILL (7" x 50)
    EP CARRILLO NEW WAVE GRAN VIA - 7" x 48
    EVELIO PYRAMIDE (7" x 54)
    GRAN HABANO BLEND #1 GRAN ROBUSTO (6" x 54)
    GRAYCLIFF 'G2' PIRATE TORPEDO (6" x 52)
    GURKHA MONOGRAM CHURCHILL (7" x 52)
    GURKHA PARK AVENUE TORPEDO (6.2" x 52)
    GURKHA SYMPHONY ROBUSTO (6" x 50)
    GURKHA WIDOW MAKER CHRUCHILL (7" x 52)
    MAN O WAR VIRTUE CHURCHILL (7.5" x 52)
    MONECRISTO WHITE BELICOSO (6" x 52)
    INDIAN TABAC LIMITED RESERVE BISON (7.5" x 54)
    LA PERLA HABANA COBRE BELICOSO (6.2" x 52)
    PERDOMO CUBAN BULLET CONNECTCUT TORO (6" x 50)
    PERDOMO NICK'S STICKS CONNECTICUT TORPEDO (6.5" x 54)
    PERDOMO ESV.2002 CONNECTICUT CHURCHILL (7" x 54)
    PERDOMO SLOW-AGED CHURCHILL (7.2" x 52)
    PERDOMO LOT 23 CONNECTICUT GORDITO (4.5" x 60)
    PERDOMO RESERVE GOLF BELICOSO (6" x 54)
    PINAR del RIO CLASICO TORPEDO (6.5" x 52)
    ROCKY PATEL CONNECTICUT TORO (6" x 52)
    SOL CUBANO CUBAN CABINET CHURCHILL - 7" x 48
    VERDADERO ORGANIC TORPEDO (6" x 52)
    CAO BLACK BENGAL (6" x 50)

.....and some others that pass as good that may be your cup of tea-
    CARLOS TORANO DOMINICO TORPEDO (6.2" x 52)
    PIONEER VALLEY CONNECTICUT TORPEDO (6.2" x 52)
    GISPERT CONNECTICUT CHURCHILL (7" x 54)
    DIAMONDBACK CHURCHILL (7" x 54)
    OLIVA CONNECTICUT DOUBLE TORO (6" x 60)
    AUGUSTO REYES EPICUR TORPEDO (6.5" x 54)
    BACCARAT CHURCHILL (7" x 50)

.....of course these all differ slightly, so if you enjoy a smooth Connecticut wrapped cigar you need to sample to decide which best appeals to your pallet.

.....I guess since I listed all the decent Connecticut wrapped cigars I will just cover every wrapper type to help prevent all your BOTL from buying complete GARBAGE at Cigar Bid!!! I won't be including the obvious brands that dish out real premium quality every single time like La Flor Dominicana, Arturo Fuente, Tatuaje, or Ashton. Maduros at Cigar Bid a can be put into three levels. Very Good, Good, and average. Any line not listed in these three categories is not smokeable having either a bad after taste, or just a bland or BAD flavor offering. Padilla Fumas Maduro being a perfect example of a LOUSY maduro cigar.

.....the VERY GOOD maduro smokes with great flavor that I LOVE to score and smoke are-

ACID OPULANCE 3
    ALEC BRADLEY BLACK MARKET
    ALEC BRADLEY MAXX
    CAO 'VR'
    CARLOS TORANO LOYAL
    CARLOS TORANO FORTRESS
    CARLOS TORANO VAULT
    601 BLUE MADURO
    5 VEGAS TRIPLE 'A'
    DIESEL
    DIESLE UNLIMITED
    CUBA LIBRE ONE
    EP CARRILLO MADURO
    GRAYCLIFF 1666
    GURKHA EMPIRE SERIES III
    JOYA de NICARAGUA ANTANO 1970
    KINKY FRIEDMAN
    KINKY FRIEDMAN BIG RICHARD
    LEON JIMENES MADURO
    LA HERENCIA CUBANA CORE
    MAN O WAR
    MAN O WAR RUINATION
    OBSIDIAN
    OLIVA SERIE 'G' MADURO
    OLIVA SERIE 'O' MADURO
    OLIVEROS BLACK NIGHT
    OLIVEROS KING HABANA OSCURO
    OLIVEROS KING HABANO MADURO FUERTE
    OMAR ORTIZ MADURO
    PADILLA SERIE '68 BLACK BEAR
    PADILLA MIAMI 2010 EDICION LIMTADA
    PADRON MADURO
    PERDOMO CUBAN BULLET MADURO
    PERDOMO EXHIBICION MADURO
    PERDOMO ESV.2002 MADURO
    PINAR del RIO OSCURO
    PINAR del RIO RESERVA LIMITADA
    PUEBLO DIMINICANO
    SAINT LUIS REY SERIE 'G' MADURO

.....the maduros that have GOOD appealing flavor are-
    5 VEGAS SERIE 'A'
    ALEC BRADLEY TEMPUS MADURO
    CARLOS TORANO CASA TORANO MADURO
    CAIN MADURO
    CI LEGENDS PERDOMO
    CI LEGENDS NESTOR PLASENCIA
    NUB MADURO
    EST.1844 ANEJADO
    GURKHA BLACK DRAGON FURY
    GURKHA BEAST
    GURKHA DOBLE MADURO
    GURKHA EMPIRE SERIES IV
    GURKHA MASTER'S SELECT MADURO
    GURKHA NINJA
    GURKHA SPECIAL OPS
    GURKHA TIRPLE LIGERO
    GURKHA STATUS MADURO
    GURKHA CUBAN LEGACY
    JOYA de NIGARAGUA FUERTE SERIE 'B'
    LA HERENCIA CUBANA OSCURO FUERTE
    LA PERLA HABANA BLACK PEARL
    NICA LIBRE
    MONTECRISTO MEDIA NOCHE
    PERDOMO RESERVE LIMITED OSCURO
    PINAR del RIO SELECCION 2010

.....and the maduro smokes that offer some consistently decent maduro flavor are-
    5 VEGAS GOLD MADURO
    CU-AVANA MADURO
    CUBA ALIADOS MADURO
    DEVILS WEED MADURO
    EL MEJOR ESPRESSO
    GIPEST MADURO
    GURKHA BLUE STEELE
    GURKHA PARK AVENUE MADURO
    INDIAN TABAC MADURO
    INDIAN TABAC SUPER FUERTE MADURO
    LA ESTRELLA CUBANA OSCURO
    PADILLA MADURO
    PERDOMO CHAMPAGNE NOIR
    PERDOMO SLOW-AGED MADURO
    REPOSADO '96 MADURO

.....of course everyone knows you have to try them for yourself. Rest assured, none listed above offer any bad qualities, and with some age could jump a full level in quality flavor.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast