Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

New cigar sampling routine/habits

This is a discussion on New cigar sampling routine/habits within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Oh, Rich, why you have to give out ALL of the secrets? LOL. But seriously, this is SOLID information. You ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BKDW's Avatar

Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

Oh, Rich, why you have to give out ALL of the secrets? LOL.

But seriously, this is SOLID information. You have clearly mastered the "devil".

My opinion about that site is play or BE PLAYED. There's a lot of garbage that they sell, and you really have to do your research. That's why I have my golden rule of no more than $3 a stick, period, except in VERY RARE occasions. Truth of the matter is I really don't like going above $2.

So, if you're reading, take note....you're really not going to get this kind of information ANYWHERE.

BTW, your stuff is coming SOON. You are really going to like it.
    "I don't expect a consumer to spend $15 on a cigar and have to sit on it for two years..." Jorge Padron

Quote Originally Posted by BKDW View Post
    Oh, Rich, why you have to give out ALL of the secrets? LOL.

But seriously, this is SOLID information. You have clearly mastered the "devil".

My opinion about that site is play or BE PLAYED. There's a lot of garbage that they sell, and you really have to do your research. That's why I have my golden rule of no more than $3 a stick, period, except in VERY RARE occasions. Truth of the matter is I really don't like going above $2.

So, if you're reading, take note....you're really not going to get this kind of information ANYWHERE.

BTW, your stuff is coming SOON. You are really going to like it.
    .....ha ha ha, since maybe 3 or 4 BOTLS read my babel and actually take it serious I don't' think we have much to worry about.

.....and Ya, I have a set bet amount for ever auction type as well. What day it is, how many lots they are offering in that auction, how many other auctions posted elsewhere of that same line you are bidding on all comes into play. On the day has four lots of the 20 Box of 5 Vegas Cask Strength closing, they may have them on Free Fall, 10 for $27.00, have 20 singles posted, have five 5 Packs being offered, and even one box offered as a one day Quickie auction. That is the type of day I can steal a 20 box of them for $43 like I did two months ago. Some days they won't be posted in any other auctions for days, and that very same four lot of the 20 Box of 5 Vegas Cask Strength will close at $55 for $58 to win. Still a great buy at $3per, but that won't be the day I score them. 99% of the time, unless it is a new line for me to sample, I bid $2per on singles, $9 to $11per 5 Pack, and $40 to $46per box.

.....and I can't wait. If I don't get at least one box a week delviered I start to get seriously annoyed. Was looking for it in the mail today actually. No mail Monday I think because of the Holiday. Let me know what you like out of the pack I sent ya. Most of them had been aging naked for 2 to 5 months so they should be ready to burn, especially the Bolivar Cofradia Suntuoso.

.....smoking a C.I. Legends Series Don Pepin Garcia Toro (5.7" x 54) right now, Rated 90. One awesome tasting cigar. Scored 40 last week for $91.00 last week. Their is a noticable improvment after just four weeks of aging.

.....I can't get enough of these Felipe Gregorio Fusion smokes. If you like a smooth, sweet, medium Habano cigar, 20 for $25 is an awesome deal.
    Felipe Gregorio Fusion Churchill - Box of 20 (#1240359) - CigarBid.com

.....DAM, what a WEEK! My last bid closes Wednesday. I have $1920.00 divided over 3 orders pending that will bring me nearly 1000 cigars. It may take me 3 or 4 months to pay for them all, BUT they are locked in and ALL MINE! A few highlights from the past week are,

1 ~ Plumpin' Premiums III Mega Sampler - 25 for $49.00
    5 - Punch Uppercut Toro (6.6" x 54)
    5 - Gurkha Legend Vintage 2001 Double Rothschild (6.5" x 60)
    5 - Padilla Black Bear (6" x 60)
    5 - CAO Italia Ciao (5" x 56)
    5 - Graycliff Turbo Edicion Limitada Super Toro (6" x 60)

3 ~ AJ Fernandez 5-Star Sampler - 15 for $30.00
    3 - 5 Vegas Triple-A (5" x 56)
    3 - Diesel Unlimited d.X (belicoso) (5.75" X 56)
    3 - Est. 1844 Anejado No. 50-xtra (6.0" x 50)
    3 - La Herencia Cubana CORE Toro (6.5" x 52)
    3 - Man O' War Ruination Robusto #1 (5.5" x 54)

1 ~ Top-Shelf Taster Pack - 8 for $19.00
    2 - Trinidad 100th Anniversary Robusto (5" x 54)
    2 - Hoyo de Tradicion Epicure (5.25" x 50)
    2 - Estd. 1844 Anejado No. 50-xtra (6" x 50)
    2 - Man O' War Armada (6.5" x 56)

90 ~ Arganese Connecticut - 30 Churchill (7" x 50) for $32.00 & 60 Torpedo (6.7" x 52) for $70.00.
    45 ~ Gurkha Ancient Reserve - 10 Churchill (7.5" x 52) for $23.00 & 20 Gran Rothchild (6" x 55) for $43 & 10 Robusto (5.5" x 52) for $26.00 & 10 Torpedo (6.5" x 52) for $22.00. What I would call "A Perfect Cigar". Smokes smooth as silk with a perfect draw and burn every time.
    48 ~ Padilla Cazadores - 25 Torpedo (6" x 52) for $49.00 & 16 Robusto (5" x 50) for $25.00 & 7 Toro Gordo (6" x 60) for $14.00.
    40 ~ CI Legends Don Pepin Garcia Toro (5.7" x 54) for $91.00.
    40 ~ Felipe Gregorio Fusion Churchill (7" x 50) for $46.00.
    40 ~ Mark Twain No.1 (7" x 50) for $68.00.
    30 ~ Vigilante Corojo Torpedo (6" x 52) for $37.00.
    25 ~ Leon Jimenes Maduro Robusto (5" x 50) for $55.00.
    25 ~ Felipe Gregorio Centenario Robusto (5" x 50) for $23.00.
    20 ~ Pinar del Rio Reserva Limitada Robusto (5" x 52) for $37.00.
    20 ~ Pinar del Rio Oscuro Torpedo (6.5" x 52) for $29.99 (closes Wednesday).
    15 ~ Garo Vintage Salomon (7.1" x 57) for $28.00.
    10 ~ Perdomo Cuban Bullet Maduro Torpedo (5.7" x 54) for $18.00.
    10 ~ 5 Vegas High Primings Torpedo (6" x 54) for $22.00.

......and my highest bid was $4 for one Don Pepin Garcia CABAIGUAN CORONA EXTRA (5.6" x 46), a Connecticut wrapped line I have been wanting to try for a year. Always closes for a $5per price, except for this one single offered up for 4 full days. One single for a WHOLE AUCTION. How lame. I could see maybe one single being offered for a OPUS X line since the winning bid will top $20 easy, but not for a $4 or $5per cigar.

.....a few major on-line retailer have put out samplers they say are for raising money to protect the current laws pertaining to hand made cigars. Famous Smoke Shop had a very good Rocky Patel 10 for $29.95 deal for a while. CI and Cigar Bid has a SO-SO sampler that I wouldn't buy. These 10 from BEST CIGAR PRICES are great. The best I have seen thus far for $29.95.

1 ~ LA AURORA 1495 ROBUSTO (5" x 50)
    1 ~ NESTOR MIRANDA SPECIAL SELECTION OSCURO ROBUSTO (4.5" x 50)
    2 ~ AVO #2 (6" x 50)
    2 ~ ALEC BRADLET TEMPUS ROBUSTO (5" x 50)
    2 ~ TED'S CONNECTICUT TORO (6" x 50)
    2 ~ AGING ROOM RONDO by Habano Cuba (5" x 50)
    .....and a free 6 month membership to Cigar Rights of America
    http://www.***************.com/cigar...r/33-28660.htm

.....some nice 'Quickbuy' prices at Cigar Bid, priced lower then ANY on-line cigar retailer right now-

ALEC BRADLEY BLACK MARKET TORPEDO (6.1" x 54) 22 for $105.00 - Can't recall when I have been more tempted.
    Alec Bradley Black Market Torpedo (22) (#1244693) - CigarBid.com

ALEC BRADLEY '90' RATED 2ND CORONA GORDA (5.6" x 46) 10 for $19.50 - want 10 Prensado 2nds for $19.50? Who wouldn't?
    Alec Bradley 90+ Rated Seconds Corona Gorda (10) (#1244665) - CigarBid.com

LA PERLA HABANA MORADO BELICOSO (6.2" x 52) 20 for $45.00 - Legit '93' Rated flavor for only $2.25per cigar. WHAT!!!
    La Perla Habana Morado Belicoso (20) (#1244629) - CigarBid.com

PERDOMO2 LIMITED EDITION NATURAL TORPEDO (6.2" x 54) 20 for $60.00 - An excellent tasting cigar. Even better at $3per.
    Perdomo2 Limited Edition Torpedo Natural (20) (#1244625) - CigarBid.com

PERDOMO CUBAN BULLET CONNECTICUT ROBUSTO (5" x 50) 20 for $37.50 - Less then $2per for a fine tasting Connecticut wrapped cigar. NICE!
    Perdomo Cuban Bullet Version 2.0 Connecticut Robusto (20) (#1244679) - CigarBid.com

VERADAERO ORGANIC ROBUSTO (5" x 50) 20 for $40.00 - An excellent tasting Connecticut wrapped cigar.
    Verdadero Organic Robusto (20) (#1244684) - CigarBid.com

VIGILANTE COROJO ROBUSTO (5" x 50) 20 for $25.00 - Simply amazing. If you like spicy Corojo wrapped cigars like the Prensado, Padilla Miami, & 5 Vegas Cask Strength, then this is a STEAL!!!
    Vigilante Corojo Robusto (20) (#1244565) - CigarBid.com
    Vigilante Corojo Robusto (#1241202) - CigarBid.com

AJ FERNANDEZ 5-STAR SAMPLER - 5 for $13.00 - No better tasting $2.60per deal around.
    1 - 5 Vegas Triple-A (5" x 56)
    1 - Diesel Unlimited d.X (belicoso) (5.75" X 56)
    1 - Est. 1844 Anejado No. 50-xtra (6.0" x 50)
    1 - La Herencia Cubana CORE Toro (6.5" x 52)
    1 - Man O' War Ruination Robusto #1 (5.5" x 54)
    A. Fernandez 5-Star Sampler No. 2 - 5 Cigars (#1238672) - CigarBid.com

CHUNTASTIC 60-RING MEGA SAMPLER - 20 for $45.00 - 60 Ring DIESEL!! NICE
    4 - Diesel Stout (6.0 x 60)
    4 - Nica Libre Gordo (6.0 x 60)
    4 - La Estrella Cubana Double Toro (6.0 x 60)
    4 - La Perla Habana Black Pearl Super Toro (6.0 x 60)
    4 - 5 Vegas Series A Armageddon (6.0 x 60)
    Chunktastic 60-Ring Mega-Sampler - 20 Cigars (#1238719) - CigarBid.com

OLVEROS SUNGROWN CHRUCHILL (7" x 4 5 for $12.50 - Excellent flavor. Best full-flavored Sungrown I have yet smoked.
    Oliveros Sun Grown Churchill (#1243821) - CigarBid.com

MAN O WAR SIDE PROJECT 'LITTLE DEVIL' (5.5" x 44) 10 for maybe $28.00 or $31.00 - great price to sample this Man O WAR small batch.
    Man O' War Side Project : Little Devil - 10 Cigars (#1234080) - CigarBid.com

Full grown Puffer Fish wahoofever's Avatar

Wow Rich, you sure have been busy. What is your most anticipated out of that lot? Looks like it's time to go to the store for some coolers and kitty litter.

I had been wanting to try the Oliva Serie O #4 for some time for several reasons. I like Oliva, G Maduro Special G and Serie V #4 being my other favorites, boxes can be had relatively cheaply, and I love the vitola.

The burn and construction were up to typical Oliva standards with a razor burn line and tremendous smoke volume with draw slightly on the loose side. I prefer lots of smoke and loose draws myself, I do not smoke cigars to have to work at them when I do and tight draws require too much attention to the smoke.

This cigar had only been off the truck for 6 days or so. I'd say it was ok. If I had to describe it in a word I would use 'median'. The smoke was just average in every way. I'm not a huge fan of the regular series O having had a couple robustos, perfectos, and churchills before, but I would say that I preferred the perfecto the most of the vitolas I've had from that series.

I'm not holding out much hope for rest, but I'll smoke the other 4 I have in more of a yard gar situation versus an evening with the ballgame on the porch session where I'm looking for more enjoyment out of my smoke.

Busy indeed....

I have stocking up on those Oliveros Sungrowns--but I haven't paid more than a buck a stick for them lol.

I got 7 churchills (or torpedoes) for $7 recently, as well as a bundle of 20 robustos for $16. It is possible to get them a buck a stick if you pay attention. I noticed that the box prices have jumped up for Oliveros (and rightfully so). Most of boxes are being priced between $80 and $110. Looks like they are finally getting the respect they deserve.

Probably need to score a couple more bundles before they really start taking off and the prices get out of reach. Even the quickbuy for a box I saw started at $75.
    "I don't expect a consumer to spend $15 on a cigar and have to sit on it for two years..." Jorge Padron

Quote Originally Posted by wahoofever View Post
    Wow Rich, you sure have been busy. What is your most anticipated out of that lot? Looks like it's time to go to the store for some coolers and kitty litter.
    .....the few new blends are what I am looking forward to most. The-

PUNCH UPPER-CUT TORO (6.6" x 54)
    MAN O WAR ARMADA (6.5" x 56) sells for $20per at CI. Probably turn out to be a good $8 to $10 cigar like La Herencia CORE.
    HOYA de TRADICION EPICURE (5.25" x 50)
    TRINIDAD 100th ANN ROBUSTO (5" x 54)
    GARO VINTAGE SALOMON - 7.1" x 58
    5 VEGAS HIGH PRIMINGS TORPEDO (6" x 54)
    and having 45 Gurkha Ancient Reserva Gran Rothchild, 40 Legends Don Pepin Garcia Toro, 30 Vigilante Corojo, and 25 Leon Jimenes Maduro Robusto on hand to enjoy daily. Up to now I have just burned through a 5 pack here and their of each.

.....the biggest surprises I have gotten from some of the recent blends I have tried are the Vigilante Corojo, Felipe Gregorio Fusion, Devils Weed Connecticut & Maduro, and the Perdomo Cuban Bullet Maduro. Regardless of their price, all are at least 'good' to 'very good' smokes for the type of cigar they are.

..........THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT..........

.....FYI - It has ALWAYS BENN that when you place a bid, and set your MAX BID, it is FINAL, unless you want to RAISE your MAX BID amount.

.....Now, NOT SO. You can now LOWER your MAX BID if you happen to change your mind. I have done it several times already after I saw something new posted after I had already bid. Simply erased my max bid by taking it down to the current bid to win, and then wait to take the 'out bid' hit. NEVER used to be able to change your bid in any way, except to RAISE it. The one thing you still CANNOT DO is lower the number of lots you bid on. If you bid on all 10 singles, get out bid, you can't rebid at a higher amount and only try for only 5. You have to try and reclaim all 10.

Quote Originally Posted by rah0785 View Post
    ..........THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT..........

.....FYI - It has ALWAYS BENN that when you place a bid, and set your MAX BID, it is FINAL, unless you want to RAISE your MAX BID amount.

.....Now, NOT SO. You can now LOWER your MAX BID if you happen to change your mind. I have done it several times already after I saw something new posted after I had already bid. Simply erased my max bid by taking it down to the current bid to win, and then wait to take the 'out bid' hit. NEVER used to be able to change your bid in any way, except to RAISE it. The one thing you still CANNOT DO is lower the number of lots you bid on. If you bid on all 10 singles, get out bid, you can't rebid at a higher amount and only try for only 5. You have to try and reclaim all 10.
    Thanks for the information.

.....since I have what should be winning bids out on 35 Pinar del Rio cigars right now I don't need to take advantage of this awesome deal at C.I. Have a combo of bids out on 30 of the 6.5"x52 Oscuro Torpedo and 5 on the 6"x60 Clasico Magnum for $59.99 total bid, about the same price per as this special.
    .....TWENTY FOUR of the 6.5"x52 Pinar del Rio Torpedo Combo Sampler for $39.99 is just to good to pass up if you have the loot.
    Cigars International

.....just put a $13 max bid to win a 5 Pack of the NEW CU-AVANA COROJO INTENSUS ROBUSTO (5"x50). 20 sell for $59.95 at CI so still no over bid. Used to love the maduro Intenso. Will see if the Corojo darkies are any match for Vigilante Corojo.

.....the even posted this in the Cbid forum. This poor DUMBASS bin on and WON THREE 5 Packs of the PADRON MADURO DELICIAS (4.9"x46) at $35.00 per 5 Pack. One 5 Pack at CI sells for $17.50. WTF!!!!
    Padron Delicias Maduro (#1241260) - CigarBid.com

Puffer Fish with some spikes sacmore21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rah0785 View Post
    .....since I have what should be winning bids out on 35 Pinar del Rio cigars right now I don't need to take advantage of this awesome deal at C.I. Have a combo of bids out on 30 of the 6.5"x52 Oscuro Torpedo and 5 on the 6"x60 Clasico Magnum for $59.99 total bid, about the same price per as this special.
    .....TWENTY FOUR of the 6.5"x52 Pinar del Rio Torpedo Combo Sampler for $39.99 is just to good to pass up if you have the loot.
    Cigars International
    Rich,
    I came specifically to this thread to see if you had posted up anything about this deal So, it seems you like these. Do you have any preferences on what comes in the sampler as to any being better than the others? Also, do you think these are really great, or they're just good for the price? Seems I've been hearing a fair amount about Pinar del Rio here lately, however, I'm beginning to run out of storage, and I probably already have purchased more in the last couple of months than I will be able to smoke in the next couple to few years. Also, everything I'm purchasing lately seems to be in box quantity, and I've never tasted most of them, so I'm getting some winners (Padilla Series '6 and some disappointments (5 Vegas Gold Maduro). Thoughts? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sacmore21 View Post
    Rich,
    I came specifically to this thread to see if you had posted up anything about this deal So, it seems you like these. Do you have any preferences on what comes in the sampler as to any being better than the others? Also, do you think these are really great, or they're just good for the price? Seems I've been hearing a fair amount about Pinar del Rio here lately, however, I'm beginning to run out of storage, and I probably already have purchased more in the last couple of months than I will be able to smoke in the next couple to few years. Also, everything I'm purchasing lately seems to be in box quantity, and I've never tasted most of them, so I'm getting some winners (Padilla Series '6 and some disappointments (5 Vegas Gold Maduro). Thoughts? Thanks!
    .....at that price they are great. The OSCURO has a nice chocolate flavor base. The Seleccion 2010 is also a very good maduro smoke. The Clasico is as good as any other high mild Connecticut like Rocky Patel, Perdomo Reserve Golf, 5 Vegas Gold, ect. And the Sungrown is the very smooth kind and a low medium smoke. If you just like darkies this $29.99 cigar bid deal is closing today and still at 20 for $29.99.
    Pinar del Rio Oscuro Torpedo - 20 Cigars (#1233733) - CigarBid.com
    Over last summer I probably scored a dozen of their 12 PDR Torpedo sampler for $19.00. Great smokes to fill in between your TOP SHELF premiums.

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast