Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

New cigar sampling routine/habits

This is a discussion on New cigar sampling routine/habits within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Originally Posted by rah0785 .....at that price they are great. The OSCURO has a nice chocolate flavor base. The Seleccion ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes sacmore21's Avatar

Re: New cigar sampling routine/habits

Quote Originally Posted by rah0785 View Post
    .....at that price they are great. The OSCURO has a nice chocolate flavor base. The Seleccion 2010 is also a very good maduro smoke. The Clasico is as good as any other high mild Connecticut like Rocky Patel, Perdomo Reserve Golf, 5 Vegas Gold, ect. And the Sungrown is the very smooth kind and a low medium smoke. If you just like darkies this $29.99 cigar bid deal is closing today and still at 20 for $29.99.
    Pinar del Rio Oscuro Torpedo - 20 Cigars (#1233733) - CigarBid.com
    Over last summer I probably scored a dozen of their 12 PDR Torpedo sampler for $19.00. Great smokes to fill in between your TOP SHELF premiums.
    Thanks for the response! I really like this thread and check it frequently to see what's your latest and greatest pickups Although, based upon the looks of my storage, I will need to begin to reconsider the frequency with which I return to it

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BKDW's Avatar

You all also might want to look into the RP Cargo....I've been getting them a buck a stick, and they are very tasty. They are short filler, but the flavor is DEFINITELY there, and ROTT.

They are very good for a casual smoke and definitely exceed the expectations of a $1 cigar.
    "I don't expect a consumer to spend $15 on a cigar and have to sit on it for two years..." Jorge Padron

Quote Originally Posted by BKDW View Post
    You all also might want to look into the RP Cargo....I've been getting them a buck a stick, and they are very tasty. They are short filler, but the flavor is DEFINITELY there, and ROTT.

They are very good for a casual smoke and definitely exceed the expectations of a $1 cigar.
    .....ya, you are right. Don Pepin Garcia's TABACOS BAEZ SERIE SF TORO demonstrates that a cigars filler length means absolutely nothing ('SF' = Short Filler). Good tobacco is good tobacco. And after 4 to 6 weeks of naked aging, the Rocky Patel Cargo Toro is a decent, smooth smoking medium cigar.

.....CIGAR BID is VERY inconsistent with their Quickbuy prices. I have seen the same 5 pack posted at the same time in one auction as a $13.50 Quickbuy, and another closing another as a $18.50 Quickbuy. BUT this here below is the SICKEST, most ROTTEN QUICKBUY offer EVER!!!

5 - PUROS INDIOS SIEMBRA de ORO PALMA REAL HABANO (7" x 42) for $20.00!!! Hurry before they are all gone.

Puros Indios Siembra de Oro Palma Real Habano (#1243985) - CigarBid.com

.....has been posted since 2:15pm yesterday with not one bid yet. AMAZING!!!

.....DAM, the scores just keep on comin'. Despite the usual fact that bidding on Tuesday(No Box Auctions close) and Wednesday(No 5 Pack Auctions close) at Cigar Bid most often sucks. Add to the pile-

20 ~ AUGUSTO REYES NATIVO GORDO - 6" x 58 - for $42.00 - the only Augusto Reyes smoke that is a 90+ Rated winner.
    20 ~ MARK TWAIN NO.1 (7" x 50) for $31.00 - one a day keeps my Connecticut cravings at bay!

1 ~ LA HERENCIA CUBANA TORO SAMPLER (8 Cigars) for $16.00 - at $2per, an awesome steal.
    2 - La Herencia Cubana Toro (6.5" x 52)
    2 - La Herencia Cubana Dos Capas Toro (6" x 52)
    2 - La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte Toro (6.5" x 50)
    2 - La Herencia Cubana CORE Toro (6.5" x 52)

15 ~ '90' Rated NICARAGUAN 2nds TORO for $28 - Could be Torano, Pepin Garcia, Padron, Rocky Patel. At $1.86per I'll try any 90 Rated cigar.
    20 ~ VIGILANTE COROJO CHURCHILL (7" x 50) for $22.00 - AMAZING - Am I the only one that likes Padilla Miami, AB Prensado, or 5 Vegas Cask-Strength Corojo flavor? Because after a few weeks of naked aging that is about what you get from Vigilante Corojo.

1 ~ 5 VEGAS SERIE 'A' BOX-PRESSED SAMPLER (8 Cigars) for $13.00 - a last minutes pinch from the hog at the top that had 5 at $10.
    4 - 5 Vegas Series A Apotheosis (5.5" x 55)
    4 - 5 Vegas Series A Apex (6.5" x 52)

6 ~ Nicaraguan Boutique Flight Samplers (12 Cigars) at $16.00 each!! - The 5 Vegas 2010 Limitada Belicoso is a very good Habano smoke. The Padilla Hybrid Torpedo as the only size from that blend that I got a creamy nutty flavor base all the time, and it has been discontinued???? The other two darkies are decent good, average smokes. Any way you look at it, $1.33per is a nice buy.
    3 - 5 Vegas Limitada 2010 Belicoso (6.25" x 52)
    3 - La Estrella Cubana Oscuro 'C' (7" x 50)
    3 - Padilla Hybrid Torpedo (6.25" x 52)
    3 - 5 Vegas Series 'A' Atomic (4.5" x 54)

....and last but NOT LEAST my "STEAL OF THE NIGHT", 25 PADILLA CAZADORES TORO GORDO (6" x 60) for 40 bucks!!! Ya, I would rather have the 6"x50 Toro. But I have NO COMPLAINTS about this buy at $1.60per seeing this very same 25 box is priced at $120.95 at CI, meaning I would not be smoking it, or any Cazadores size if it were not for Cigar Bid.

.....if you are looking for a smooth, full flavored cigar that ages great I highly recommend KINKY FRIEDMAN LONE-STAR NO.6 (6" x 54). Rated 90.
    Never smoked the 4.5"x54 No.4 but I would bet it serves as a quicker flavor bomb. One of the few cigars that ALWAYS leaves me 100% satisfied (another I recall is the DIESEL UNLIMITED 7"x58 CHURCHILL). Sample some before they disappear. Like SAN MIGUEL, they are a "failed" $6per cigar line that for some reason just did not sell and won't be continued at the Cigar Bid $2per price tag, unless Kinky Friedman is a complete idiot. If anyone wants to try some of the singles, let me know. I would gladly lower my max bid of $2per on either size back to $1 and let you have them. ha, already have at least 20 coming with two more 5 Packs in the bag! Always willing to share an under the radar gem with a BOTL.
    Kinky Friedman Lone Star No. 6 (#1244414) - CigarBid.com
    Kinky Friedman Lone Star No. 4 (20) (#124473 - CigarBid.com
    Kinky Friedman Lone Star No. 4 (#1244061) - CigarBid.com
    Kinky Friedman Lone Star No. 6 (Single) (#1245235) - CigarBid.com
    Kinky Friedman Lone Star No.4 (Single) (#1245363) - CigarBid.com
    Kinky Friedman Lone Star No. 6 (#1244414) - CigarBid.com

.....another excellent deal at C.I. Twenty 5 VEGAS CLASSIC 'THE JUDGE" for only $39.99. 5 Vegas Classic ages like gem. These 6x60's of some great flavor. Burned through 20 last summer with much enjoyment. As for 5 Vegas Gold, the 7x50 Churchill tastes noticeably better then all other sizes. Why? I have no idea. Still for $2per the 6x60 Bullion is a good smoke.

Cigars International

.....and this 2nd "Help the cause" sampler kicks the first ones ASS! Not a weak smoke in the bunch. The Cohiba Puro is awesome.
    The 'Help the Cause' Sampler No. 2 - Cigars International

.....smoking a 90 Rated PADILLA SERIE '68 BLACK BEAR (6"x60). One sweet tasting maduro.

.....and Cigar.com, C.I.'s number 2 lackey site has a nice deal on a CAO/AJ 10 Cigar Sampler for $29.95. Me likey!

1 - La Herencia Cubana CORE Toro (6.5"x52) great flavor
    1 - CAO Mx2 Robusto (5"x52) smoked one a while time ago. don't recall what it offers. Was Rated 86 so I am sure it was very good.
    1 - Est. 1844 Anejado No.50-xtra (6"x50) good flavor
    1 - CAO Black Ltd. Bengal (6"x50) excellent Connecticut wrapped cigar
    1 - Man O War Ruination Robusto #1 (5.5"x54) great flavor
    1 - CAO VR Moby (6"x50) great flavor
    1 - 5 Vegas Triple-A (5"x56) good flavor
    1 - CAO Italia Ciao (5"x56) great flavor
    1 - Diesel Unlimited d.x (5.75"x56) great flavor
    1 - CAO Brazilia Gol! (5"x56) great flavor
    Cigar.com - Daily Cigar Deal

.....they also have a monthly "Experts Picks" Sampler. Most often it is a great buy. This month is no exception. Of course working for Cigars International does not make you a "expert" at anything, but what they offer looks very tasty. $3.33per makes it a nice buy if they ever get in stock???? Why post a special in your newest catalog and then you can't deliver the 15 for $49.95???? Maybe they will be in tomorrow-

3 - Sol Cubano Special Dark Toro (6.0" x 50) never smoked this new Oliva made line.
    3 - Cohiba Puro Dominicana Toro (6.0" x 54) an excellent cigar
    3 - La Herencia Cubana CORE Toro (6.5" x 52) another winner
    3 - San Lotano Habano Toro (6.0" x 54) the Oval & Connecticut were good. I would bet the Habano is as well.
    3 - Don Pepin Garcia Blue Generosos (6.0" x 50) another excellent smoke
    Expert Picks - Cigar.com

.....one thing I can say about Cigar.com is don't bother trying their house blends. Smoked the BLUE LABEL CONNECTICUT TORPEDO & the RED LABEL MADURO TORPEDO (6" x 52) and they were BOTH lousy cigars. VERY SHORT on any good flavor. Can't imagine why anyone would bother with them with so many good tasting $2per options at Cigar Bid. Course I say that about every truly lame cigar.

.....and get them before they a GONE FOREVER. A cigar I HIGHLY recommend. They are already out of two sizes. Hit JR's closeout page and buy 10 BOLIVAR CONFRADIA SUNTUOSO. You won't regret it.
    BOLIVAR COFRADIA SUNTUOSO INMENSA : JR Cigars.com
    BOLIVAR COFRADIA SUNTUOSO CORONA EXTRA : JR Cigars.com
    BOLIVAR COFRADIA SUNTUOSO CLUB 650 : JR Cigars.com

.....and if you are looking to sample some new lines, JR has an excellent singles selection. Priced the same as your local B&M, but delivered right to your front door. The $5 S&H would probably be less then the cost of gas you would use for the drive.
    Single Cigars a premium selection at JRCigars.com

Hey Rich, I love this thread even though I'll never smoke 95% of the cigars you recommend. I simply don't smoke that much and can't try out as many cigars as you do. But, the 5% of cigars and deals you post have given me great smoking pleasure and saved me money, so cheers mate! A well deserved RG bump from me for all the work putting up these deals which I'm sure many have taken advantage of...

Keeper of the Cheaper snagstangl's Avatar

I agree, but i do switches with him so i may smoke 15% of what he tries. I appreciate that he has made this thread his own. But im probably biased, i dont even know how many people have signed up for this thread, but the fact that he has his own section essentially in the reviews section says alot.
    Keep burning em up
    Why doesn't everyone think I'm as funny as I do, it must be them.

Quote Originally Posted by snagstangl View Post
    I agree, but i do switches with him so i may smoke 15% of what he tries. I appreciate that he has made this thread his own. But im probably biased, i dont even know how many people have signed up for this thread, but the fact that he has his own section essentially in the reviews section says alot.
    Keep burning em up
    .....Andrew just does not have the same serious itch I experience in HAVING to try every new cigar line at least once. And having a reserved number of readers of this thread is perfect. Imagine if any major number of members started reading and sampling all the smokes I offer-up details on. The prices at Cigar Bid would jump up for sure.

Full grown Puffer Fish wahoofever's Avatar

I love this thread as well. I have not had many of these smokes but mostly because I had to walk away from CBID a few months ago.

I am watching the Jam right now, but that has been the extent of my recent CBID purchases.

Last night I did revisit the La Aurora 107 Corona. I did very much enjoy it the second time through, but am not sure of the price point on these. What I mean is that I am not sure at what price I would buy now as I still find them enjoyable, just not $110+/box enjoyable.

Thanks for the note on the cigar.com house brands not being good. I have liked famous house brands much better myself. Which reminds me Rich, I keep waiting to see an El Cobre by Oliva sold at Famous show up here for review.

Keeper of the Cheaper snagstangl's Avatar

I walked from CBID as well, it odd not having overflowing humi/coolidors all the time. I still have an active account at cigar auctioneer that occasionally gets me in trouble but I have been able to stay off that as well for the most part except for a box of Tobacco Baez SF toros which i sent half of to rich any way so I didnt feel as bad about the purchase.
    Why doesn't everyone think I'm as funny as I do, it must be them.

.....smoking an excellent GURKHA LEGEND VINTAGE 2001 TORPEDO (6.5" x 53). Offers mildly sweet, crisp, burnt tobacco flavor. If you enjoy a good, natural tobacco flavor at a solid medium level this would be your cigar. Rated 91!!!

.....earlier I went to my 94% empty TOP-SHELF and smoke a CAMACHO TRIPLE MADURO 6"x60. Had been aging in my big maduro box with both cello end clipped off since last August. Offered a full flavor of charcoal like maduro goodness with some nice chocolate coming through now and then. If you are planning to smoke the awesome maduro cigar go for the 4.5"x50 Robusto.

....and ya, I also have a SERIOUS problem with Cigar Bid. All my bids close Monday. That is the LAST day I will have an active bid for many months. At last count I had nearly 1200 cigars pending for purchase. At 250 to 300 a month, I may have them all purchased by maybe August.

.....and I WOULD LOVE to try the two new OLIVA blends at Cigar Auctioneer. No one seems to be bidding on the EL COBRE at $3per as they post a starting bid of $60 for all 20 boxes, and no 5 Packs, singles, or Test Flight Samplers are available. Could be why no one has bid on the 3 boxes they offered up. Also would love to smoke the OLIVA INFERNO, which they don't offer for auction at all. One Test Flight Sampler I scored for $27was XEN by Nish Patel. A TOP-SHELF cigar all the way. Excellent high mild flavor that smokes as perfectly as any cigar can be smoked. Rated all sizes '93'. If I was not in the HOLE, or I should say the bottomless pit at Cigar Bid, I would make the bid to score all three. XEN, along with DON TOMAS SPECIAL EDITION were the two of the best Connecticut cigars I smoked last year.
    Xen By Nish Patel Test Flight
    Don Tomas SE Connecticut Test Flight

.....other blends at Cigar Auctioneer that I have noted to score some time this year are-

90 Miles
    601 La Bomba
    601 White Label
    Alec Bradley Overture
    CAO Vision
    Carinos
    El Cobre by Oliva
    Flor de Oliva Gold
    GH2 by Gran Habano
    Georges Reserve
    Iron Horse Maduro
    Jameson Black & Red Label
    Jameson Declaration
    Journeys
    Joya de Nicaragua Cabinetta Serie No.2
    La Campina
    La Floridita Gold
    Mi Barrio by Don Pepin Garcia
    Nicarao
    Plasencia Reserva Organic
    Rocky Patel American Market
    Rocky Patel Factory Selects
    Rafael Gonzalez
    Rocky Patel Evolution
    Rocky Patel Xtreme
    Santos de Miami
    Siboney Reserve by Don Pepin Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by snagstangl View Post
    I walked from CBID as well, it odd not having overflowing humi/coolidors all the time. I still have an active account at cigar auctioneer that occasionally gets me in trouble but I have been able to stay off that as well for the most part except for a box of Tobacco Baez SF toros which i sent half of to rich any way so I didnt feel as bad about the purchase.
    ....yes, very nice.

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast