Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

CAO La Traviata Maduro Review

This is a discussion on CAO La Traviata Maduro Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; ...

CAO La Traviata Maduro Review

CAO La Traviata Maduro “Divino”
    Robusto
    5x50
    Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro
    Binder: Camaroon
    Filler: Dominican and Nicaraguan

The La Traviata cigar has a dark oily wrapper with few veins. It is a good looking cigar and once cut and lit the cigar burns evenly.

First third: First draw tastes of cocoa or chocolate and is very smooth. This is only my second CAO and so far the sweet taste has me interested. Great draw so far and good amount of smoke. I can taste cocoa/chocolate and maybe a little bit of tobacco that’s about it.

Second third: Still smoking well. A little leather mixed with that ever present and enjoyable chocolate. No touch ups so far and still ample smoke. Also a nice dark gray ash that falls about every inch or so.

Final Third: More of the same. The cocoa is more pronounced and the cigar is very good. It’s straightforward, requires very little attention and has great taste and has a nice creaminess to it. So far the La Traviata maduro is a very smooth cigar with no harshness or nicotine to speak of. Needless to say I am really enjoying this cigar.

Final thoughts: This cigar is very good. It has a great chocolate, cocoa taste throughout with great burn and ample smoke. The construction is good with few noticeable veins and dark oily sheen on the wrapper. I am glad I bought a bunch of these as I’m sure they will only get even better with some time in the humidor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CAO La Traviata Maduro Review-img_9717.jpg   CAO La Traviata Maduro Review-img_9719.jpg  
    Last edited by protekk; 07-25-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Captnstabn's Avatar

Re: CAO La Traviata Maduro Review

Nice review! The la trav is my fav. CAO. Esp at it's price point.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Yamaha53's Avatar

Nice review, I agree, good cigar. I just purchased my second box of the Radiantes.

Great Review, gonna have to try one for myself now....
    The Krazy Kanuck

Reincarnated Hobbit Matthias@Granby's Avatar

Good cigar for a superb price. Nice review!

Don't call it a comeback hoosiers2006's Avatar

Very nice review, going to have to pick up a few. Thanks
    Pic is Reds owner Bob Castellini enjoying a cigar in the clubhouse after winning the division. Take that statewide smoking ban!

Thank you for your review. I will take a closer look at this one.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Thanks for the review. I love to see a positive review of something I have waiting in my humidor for me.

I just bought this same cigar yesterday!

I can't wait to try it, but I have a Cain torpedo I want to try first.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

Thanks for the review Mike - I've been looking at these alot and I'm in a pass where one might be available but now I'm thinking a purchase just might be in order

OH yeah - and thanks for another little push further down the slope - LOL

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Adding it to my list! Thanks

This is one of my five favorite cigars and in this size. Just a warning. Cao was purchased about a half year ago, and if you want to insure supply in case they change the line, I would suggest putting some down.
    I have eight boxes sitting in a marine container with beads in a uhaul. One cigar I never want to let go, I think their that good. I especially love the draw of this vitola with a punch cut.
    J

I was cleaning and rearranging my humidor today and I found one CAO La Traviata Maduro Torpedo and I let it up. It was 5 1/2 X 50 or maybe 52. I have no idea where and when I bought this delicious cigar. I am looking all over the net and I cannot find it anywhere. Any Idea where to get it?