Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Alec Bradley Tempus Review!

This is a discussion on Alec Bradley Tempus Review! within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Originally Posted by ProgressNotes OTT = off the truck ie without letting them rest at all before lighting one up ...

No longer a community member.

Re: Alec Bradley Tempus Review!

Quote Originally Posted by ProgressNotes View Post
    OTT = off the truck ie without letting them rest at all before lighting one up which is not usually recommended

It is imperative to let those sit for at least 3 months. Your experience should be night and day from what it was. I mean, they aren't going to change your life, but they are very good for an inexpensive stick.

Sorry for inadvertently hijacking this thread.

ah ok cool

i knew what it meant (smoking it right away) but didnt know the literal "off the truck"

in my mind its always output threshold test (exercise science) so i couldnt make up anything that made sense in my head

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    This is a cigar that is notorious for getting some " negative reviews " just for what you said. Inconsistent burn and taste...and ROTT you're more than correct. They even smoke a bit harsh but keep them in a good stable 65% environment for at least 6 months...10 if you can keep your paws off of them and they will spin your head around for what they turn into. The flavors marry well together at the 8 month mark..at a year you're going to think somebody put the wrong cigar band on this cuz it tasted like a very good and mature cigar with some deep cocoa and white pepper mix with some slight cedar edge. I got some with over a year on them and they are as consistent as anything I've smoked.
    I bought a fiver of these based on the high opinions of many here. I had one in the first week and it sucked bad. I hated it. I am glad to hear that the remaining examples will get better with age. I have a couple of months on them now so I will hopefully get a pleasant surprise sometime in the first quarter of next year.

Young Puffer Fish ProgressNotes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by castaweb View Post
    I bought a fiver of these based on the high opinions of many here. I had one in the first week and it sucked bad. I hated it. I am glad to hear that the remaining examples will get better with age. I have a couple of months on them now so I will hopefully get a pleasant surprise sometime in the first quarter of next year.
    Yeah dude, and if you ever get Prensados, do the same. I learned that one the hard way the other night.....

Full grown Puffer Fish

Yeah dude, and if you ever get Prensados, do the same. I learned that one the hard way the other night.....
    Was yours like licking an ashtray too? Seems like the esteemed Alec Bradley brand is only good with a nice long nap. I need to remember that.
    Last edited by castaweb; 07-25-2011 at 12:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by castaweb View Post
    Was yours like licking an ashtray too? Seems like the esteemed Alec Bradley brand is only good with a nice long nap. I need to remember that.
    haha not quite...

The only AB I've had that's good to go ROTT is the sun grown from Famous which is excellent. No need to let those nap.

Luva Sweet Easy Retrohale aroma's Avatar

Nice review.

I smoked one of these for the first time tonight. Mine had a a year of rest, and I found the retrohale very smooth and floral. To my taste, it is very similar to a CAO Brazilia, almost identical. Has anyone else noticed a similarity between these two blends?
    puff-o-matic (cigar puff timer)

Great review! Funny thing is I was just debating on smoking this last night but I decided on a Padilla 1932 instead. I will have to try the Tempus this weekend if possible since it sounds like an awesome smoke.

I just noticed TampaHumidor.com has Tempus seconds on their home page for $50 for a bundle of 20.

Leading Puffer Fish swingerofbirches's Avatar

Anybody had the Tempus seconds before?
    "The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken places." - Hemingway

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by aroma View Post
    Nice review.

I smoked one of these for the first time tonight. Mine had a a year of rest, and I found the retrohale very smooth and floral. To my taste, it is very similar to a CAO Brazilia, almost identical. Has anyone else noticed a similarity between these two blends?
    i had one brazilia only a few months into smoking cigars (only been a year so far for me) and i must say i think you're right. I just got another brazilia ill be sure to smoke soon and compare the two, because i think you're onto something.. i remember the brazilia having more of a chocolaty flavor though

Quote Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
    i had one brazilia only a few months into smoking cigars (only been a year so far for me) and i must say i think you're right. I just got another brazilia ill be sure to smoke soon and compare the two, because i think you're onto something.. i remember the brazilia having more of a chocolaty flavor though
    Well, one's a maduro while the Tempus you reviewed was not, so that might explain the difference

Well, one's a maduro while the Tempus you reviewed was not, so that might explain the difference
    Yeah, while I was smoking it, I was thinking, "This sure looks and tastes like a maduro," but I'm certain the one I had was the natural. I bought it before the maduro was even released.

Young Puffer Fish

Had to try the Tempus...gotta say that it was completely disappointing cigar. Not bad, but certainly nothing memorable. I vastly prefer the American Classic Sungrown to the Tempus Natural.
    RR

Nice review. I have 2 of these in the humidor. May try one this weekend!

Thanks for the review, I can't wait to try my Tempus Maduro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2