Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alec Bradley Tempus Review!

This is a discussion on Alec Bradley Tempus Review! within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; On the blog: Cigars | Paul The Polymath permalink: Cigar Review: Alex Bradley Tempus | Paul The Polymath This was ...

No longer a community member.

Alec Bradley Tempus Review!

On the blog:
    Cigars | Paul The Polymath

permalink:
    Cigar Review: Alex Bradley Tempus | Paul The Polymath

This was a really complex one!

Full grown Puffer Fish

Re: Alec Bradley Tempus Review!

Nice review. Ive only had a few of these but love em. Im dying to try the maduro.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Cigary's Avatar

Way to go Paul...you just reviewed one of my favorite sticks and I keep about 50 of these around. Most are rested at around a year and they are delicious and at a price that makes me a happy man. Hope it doesn't get around how good these are.....shhhhhh
    A mind is like a parachute...it works best when it's open.

Young Puffer Fish ProgressNotes's Avatar

I've had 3 of these and they've gone from bad to good, but nothing earth shattering or even remarkable. I'll keep the other two down for a while longer and hopefully that'll help the ever present burn issues I've experienced with these. I'm smoking my first Prensado tonight, and I'm hopeful they shine in a way the Tempus' just haven't for me.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Great review...thanks for sharing!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
    Way to go Paul...you just reviewed one of my favorite sticks and I keep about 50 of these around. Most are rested at around a year and they are delicious and at a price that makes me a happy man. Hope it doesn't get around how good these are.....shhhhhh
    mine i got in a bomb, so i have no idea how long it aged. I will certainly snag some more at some point :P

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Great review!

I just picked up a Tempus lancero at the B&M a ccouple of weeks ago. Owner said "These are smoking really good right now. I'm responsible for quite a few of the empty spaces in that box."

Looking forward to it!
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ProgressNotes View Post
    I've had 3 of these and they've gone from bad to good, but nothing earth shattering or even remarkable. I'll keep the other two down for a while longer and hopefully that'll help the ever present burn issues I've experienced with these. I'm smoking my first Prensado tonight, and I'm hopeful they shine in a way the Tempus' just haven't for me.

This is a cigar that is notorious for getting some " negative reviews " just for what you said. Inconsistent burn and taste...and ROTT you're more than correct. They even smoke a bit harsh but keep them in a good stable 65% environment for at least 6 months...10 if you can keep your paws off of them and they will spin your head around for what they turn into. The flavors marry well together at the 8 month mark..at a year you're going to think somebody put the wrong cigar band on this cuz it tasted like a very good and mature cigar with some deep cocoa and white pepper mix with some slight cedar edge. I got some with over a year on them and they are as consistent as anything I've smoked.

This is a cigar that is notorious for getting some " negative reviews " just for what you said. Inconsistent burn and taste...and ROTT you're more than correct. They even smoke a bit harsh but keep them in a good stable 65% environment for at least 6 months...10 if you can keep your paws off of them and they will spin your head around for what they turn into. The flavors marry well together at the 8 month mark..at a year you're going to think somebody put the wrong cigar band on this cuz it tasted like a very good and mature cigar with some deep cocoa and white pepper mix with some slight cedar edge. I got some with over a year on them and they are as consistent as anything I've smoked.
    Excellent. I'd say they've got 6 months on 'em at least, so I'll let the other 2 sit and marinate. From my experience they definitely have gotten better with age, but maybe aren't at their prime yet. I would have left them all alone if I knew that they needed to be aged. One of my favorite knockaround sticks is like that, the Padilla Achilles. OTT they couldn't be worse, but after 3 months you'll be shocked you got 'em for less than $2 a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by ProgressNotes View Post
    Excellent. I'd say they've got 6 months on 'em at least, so I'll let the other 2 sit and marinate. From my experience they definitely have gotten better with age, but maybe aren't at their prime yet. I would have left them all alone if I knew that they needed to be aged. One of my favorite knockaround sticks is like that, the Padilla Achilles. OTT they couldn't be worse, but after 3 months you'll be shocked you got 'em for less than $2 a stick.

Yep...those are in my humis, too. Padillas seem to be one of those lines of cigars that you just need to throw em in the humis and forget about em for almost a year...32s...48's....68's...Miamis...Achilles as you said. Conversely the Obsidians and the Dominus are two lines of cigars that seem to be the bastards of the group...I just can't get my tastes around them.

I really like the Habanos and found "seconds" of these...same cigars and at a great price break.

Leading Puffer Fish jdfutureman's Avatar

Gary, I'm with you this has been one of my top sticks for a while. Love all the sizes. Centuria at 7 x 49 really allows the last third to develop. Magistri is a sweet throwback size and a joy to smoke.
    "Stay thirsty my friends" -- The Most Interesting Man in the World

Leading Puffer Fish jdfutureman's Avatar

Paul that's a fun review. I enjoyed it. Thanks
    "Stay thirsty my friends" -- The Most Interesting Man in the World

Elder Puffer Fish Leader ca21455's Avatar

Thanks for the great review Paul. I really like the Tempus line of cigars, a very fine smoke!

i had an achilles right when i got it (what's OTT stand for? i know what it means but literally what does it mean lol) and it was pretty "meh" i have another ive had sitting for 6-7 months since then..

hm...

Quote Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
    i had an achilles right when i got it (what's OTT stand for? i know what it means but literally what does it mean lol) and it was pretty "meh" i have another ive had sitting for 6-7 months since then..

hm...
    OTT = off the truck ie without letting them rest at all before lighting one up which is not usually recommended

It is imperative to let those sit for at least 3 months. Your experience should be night and day from what it was. I mean, they aren't going to change your life, but they are very good for an inexpensive stick.

Sorry for inadvertently hijacking this thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast