Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Oliva MB III- mmm...mmmm Good

This is a discussion on Oliva MB III- mmm...mmmm Good within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; -Oliva MB III Torpedo 6x52 box pressed -rested ~6 months after freeze @ ~63* and 64% r/h, paid $23 for ...

Oliva MB III- mmm...mmmm Good

-Oliva MB III Torpedo 6x52 box pressed
    -rested ~6 months after freeze @ ~63* and 64% r/h, paid $23 for a 5 pk (cbid)
    - drink was A&W root beer, frosty glass
    -smoked at 430 pm in hot and humid Fl.

Pre-light- V-cut this beatiful torpedo, the construction appeared flawless, a few viens, the draw was smooth and easy taste of chocolate.

1st third:
    very easy light, flavor or clean tobacco, woods, with hints of pepper. The smoke was fair...I like alot of smoke, this had an acceptable amount, IMHO. The ash was light gray and flakey, I was afraid it would fall soon, not so, no bitter or hot taste, burn was razor sharp. My taste buds tingled as I drew from this cigar. Ash hung on for a while, got a little crooked, see pics.

Oliva MB III- mmm...mmmm Good-100_1259-1-.jpg

Oliva MB III- mmm...mmmm Good-100_1260-1-.jpg

Oliva MB III- mmm...mmmm Good-100_1261-1-.jpg

2nd third:
    A change or new flavor, not sure but the best was to describe it is a citrus tobacco flavor-reminded me of a Padron '26 maduro I had, then some hints of spice flavor, not spicy hot, full of flavor.

Oliva MB III- mmm...mmmm Good-100_1265-2-.jpg

Oliva MB III- mmm...mmmm Good-100_1266-1-.jpg

Last third:
    Flavors become more muted, really gotta focuse to taste the citrus or spice, it's like their all squished together. A small uneven burn also occured, it did fix itself without my screwing w/ it. Tried to nub it, but a little nicotine started to get me, plus the humidity.

Oliva MB III- mmm...mmmm Good-100_1268-1-.jpg

Overall a great smoke 7.5 taste, 8.5 construction, and value? at ~$4.50 a stick, no question, tough sell to me at $12. Hope you enjoyed the review as much as I did doing it.
    If you F-up, man up, take responsibility for your actions

Disinterested

Re: Oliva MB III- mmm...mmmm Good

Great review, Jim! You were smart to pair with something sweet as it tends to really bring out the flavor of this stick.

Wait another couple years and you'll be sitting squarely on a taste rating of at least a 9!

Leading Puffer Fish jdfutureman's Avatar

Great review love the III myself. Will have to grab a sweet drink next time I light one up.
    "Stay thirsty my friends" -- The Most Interesting Man in the World

Leading Puffer Fish jdfutureman's Avatar

Oh and I like the v cut call. Will be sure i try that as well
    "Stay thirsty my friends" -- The Most Interesting Man in the World

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes fivespdcat's Avatar

Great review! I really love the MBIII myself, but they are all getting buried for a bit to let them bloom!

Who lives on Drury Lane The Muffin Man's Avatar

Nice review Jim!

The MB IIIs are fantastic smokes with the torpedo being my favorite size. They can be had for much less than MSRP on Cigarmonster and Cigarbid which makes it even better in terms of value.

Young Puffer Fish

Yes a very nice smoke, I just picked up a fiver from CI for 25, daily special. couldnt wait to try it with the decent reviews. But I'll let the other four rest for a bit, but I'm sure I wont be able to hold out too long. So I'm fairly new to smoking, only a year and a half or so, but how do you tell between all the different flavors? I mean this cigar was very flavorfull and very enjoyable, but I couldnt describe it as detailled as jimbo1. any sugestions on how to hone in this skill??

Fantastic cigar, great review.... wouldn't expect anything less from a BOTJ (brother of the Jets)

Good review! I am smoking one of these right now and I think I agree with you, I wouldn't like it as much for 10-12 dollars but as part of a Oliva 5pack I got for 13, it is good.

Thanks for the review. It seems these can be had for a much lower price than I paid (about $7 /stick) but I'm still excited to give them a try after they rest a bit more.