Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Camacho Room 101 - Review

This is a discussion on Camacho Room 101 - Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Just a quick review on this awesome stick as I don't have much time or energy for a comprehensive one. ...

Holder of the crazy chain Rackir's Avatar

Camacho Room 101 - Review

Just a quick review on this awesome stick as I don't have much time or energy for a comprehensive one. This cigar sat in my humi for about 2 weeks and was enjoyed with a glass of Islay Scotch.

The initial scent on this cigar gave off serious hints of coco, and the initial cold chew on the cap indicated some spice. On first light I knew I was in for an experience, Camacho is known for making strong cigars and this bad boy opened up like a face ripper. The first third was dominated with the flavor of aged leather and dark chocolate. The middle part mellowed out, the strength subsided and the flavor turned to just a pleasant mix of tobacco, some light chocolate and some cinnamon like spice. The final third though ramped up in the fashion of a Pre-Embargo, lots of nuttiness and coco with overtones of cinnamon and nutmeg, and just enough pepper to dry the roof of my mouth. The best comparison I could make is the flavors of a ripe Unholy Cocktail mixed with the Corojo flavors of a Camacho Diploma, but with more gusto and strength.

Needless to say, this bad boy just earned itself a permanent place in my collection.

Construction: 8/10, some touch ups, but no serious canoeing or anything. The wrapper and cap both held firm.
    Strength: 9/10. Have some food in you, and have something strong to drink handy, cause this bad boy will do its best to light you up.
    Complexity: 7/10. transitions could have been more intense, but with the strength this cigar delivered I call it good.
    Flavor: 9/10 Freaking yummy, right up there with the Corojo lines, but just a little different. I enjoyed the hell out of it.
    Smoke: GOBS OF SMOKE. very full and chewy smoke filled my mouth with every draw, and the room note made me loathe to leave my garage.
    Overall: 9/10 Another winner from Camacho in my book, now I just need to score a few more of these!

here's a picture of a creepy clown face!
    I find your lack of mailbox, disturbing.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: Camacho Room 101 - Review

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Young Puffer Fish

creepy clown face alright, good review, just waiting for these to be restocked at my online retailer...

Nice job Peter!

Sounds delightful!

Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

I just had one of these last week and was very pleased. Nice review.

amnesiac with deja vu Nurse_Maduro's Avatar

Sounds tasty! Nice review, Peter.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Interesting, my throat felt dry when i had the Room 101 Conjura edition. Good smoke tho.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Camacho is never a let down!!!