Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Mi Barrio El Billetero (belicoso)

This is a discussion on Mi Barrio El Billetero (belicoso) within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; This is a review of the Mi Barrio El Billetero, a 5.75x52 belicoso made by EO cigars, blended by DPG ...

Mi Barrio El Billetero (belicoso)

This is a review of the Mi Barrio El Billetero, a 5.75x52 belicoso made by EO cigars, blended by DPG and made in the My Father factory. I bought a box from the monster almost 3 months ago and this stick has been resting in my 65%rh cooler since then. I smoked this yesterday while doing some reading so I didn't give my cigar 100% of my attention but it certainly was more interesting than electrostatics.

The bands and boxes of the cigar feature original artwork by the Cuban artist Edin Gutierrez.

Wrapper (habano), filler, and binder are all Nicaraguan.

Construction- firm throughout, no soft spots. Well applied wrapper and cap.
    Appearance- great dark chocolate color with an oily, toothy wrapper.

EDIT: Just realized the stick looks like a mareva in this pic because I had already clipped the head to smoke.

Prelight draw- Cocoa, pepper and spice

1st third- earth, pepper, and spice to start (as with most DPG sticks) then it settles after the first inch. Moves into a flavor I can’t pinpoint right now with some savory and toast flavor in the background. Ash is light gray/white, a bit flaky, and drops after an inch and a half...straight onto my book. My fault for holding it the whole time.

2nd Third- citrus note comes in after the ash drops. Much more creamy now as the spice has gone very far to the background. Still toasty flavor then the cocoa came in as I approached the final third.

Final Third- Cocoa changed more into a creamy milk chocolate and it still has a citrus note on retrohale. Very light spice came back.I put the stick down with about an inch and a half left (time for dinner) for a total smoke time of about 90 minutes. It stayed medium bodied (strength) the whole time which was nice for a late afternoon smoke.

Overall I enjoyed the Mi Barrio and wish I took more/better pics for the review. It was a good departure from the norm I have become accustomed to and I’m looking forward to how these open up with more rest. No one decided to buy any of these from the WTS forum so I get to see how they age.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by usrower321; 03-01-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Re: Mi Barrio El Billetero (belicoso)

Thanks for the review. These look like good smokes. I like the artwork on the bands.