Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Arganese Nicaraguan Presidente Yard Gar Quick Review

This is a discussion on Arganese Nicaraguan Presidente Yard Gar Quick Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Arganese is not known as a maker of great cigars with high rating, but they do make decent enough smokes. ...

Arganese Nicaraguan Presidente Yard Gar Quick Review

Arganese is not known as a maker of great cigars with high rating, but they do make decent enough smokes. I've enjoyed many of their sticks while doing yard work, and for that duty they are pretty good. So I thought I'd review one of my go to yard gars, the Arganese Nicaraguan Presidente.

This particular cigar is from 09. I'm interested to see what effect the age has on this one.

Inital Impression:
    - Dark milk chocolate wrapper with a mottled appearance
    - Smells of sweet hay with a touch of barnyard
    - Cold draw is sweet

1st Half (only half I got through)
    - First puffs are of sweet grass with a touch of spice
    - Some bitter chocolate comes in about an inch down
    - A touch of cedar is present also, the smoke is very smooth and mellow
    - I keep walking away to do my yard work and the cigar stays lit without a problem
    - No big flavor changes just sweet grass, cedar and chocolate

After about an hour I was done with the yard and therefor the cigar. I've smoked many of these and the newer version from CI without the second band. They taste pretty much the same. If you looking for a decent cigar to smoke while doing chores or walking the dog in the $1.33 price range you could do much worse. I give it a 85 IMHO.
    Send Troop Donations to : Troop Donations 128 Delaware St, Staten Island, NY 10304

Re: Arganese Nicaraguan Presidente Yard Gar Quick Review

I keep seeing these and wonder if they're a diamond in the rough waiting to be plucked from the earth. I don't smoke that often, so when I do, the cigar has to rise above just a yard 'gar. Oh well, maybe someday I'll have a yard big enough or a dog that needs walking to warrant the need for a decent a yard 'gar....

Thanks for the review.
    I'm completely unbiased and 100% open minded. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

Leading Puffer Fish

Nice review Pete! The robusto size can be found on Cbid for under a buck sometimes, and I think they're a great stick *at that price*. Nothing I'd smoke regularly, but I have a bundle in my cheapie humidor for when I'm doing projects and want a stick I don't mind if it goes out several times.

Price of a Phillies Blunt, with the taste of an (almost) real cigar.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Pandyboy's Avatar

Nice review, sounds like a good cheap smoke!