Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Room 101 Namakubi Papi Chu Dog Walk Review No. 12

This is a discussion on Room 101 Namakubi Papi Chu Dog Walk Review No. 12 within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; The weather was beautiful in Maryland and the dog was antsy so I grabbed a Room 101 Namakubi Papi Chu ...

Room 101 Namakubi Papi Chu Dog Walk Review No. 12

The weather was beautiful in Maryland and the dog was antsy so I grabbed a Room 101 Namakubi Papi Chu and the leash and headed out into the sunshine.

1st Half
    - Nice oily habanno wrapper that smells of cedar and fruit
    - Opens with a blast of pepper, almost overpowering
    - pepper mellows a bit after 1/2 an inch letting cedar and some raisin shine through
    - ash held strong to the half way point

2nd Half
    - Black pepper really ramps up after the mid point
    - this cigar is confusing my tongue, keeps shifting between fruit and cedar on the inhale and pepper on the exhale
    - there is a herbal quality to the smoke on the retrohale that I find pleasing

Conclusion
    This cigar was at times very good, and at time frustrating for me. All the flavors were enjoyable in their own right but they shifted so sharply that they seemed to be fighting for dominance. It was like the it had a split personality. This one gets an 88 from me.
    Send Troop Donations to : Troop Donations 128 Delaware St, Staten Island, NY 10304

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Re: Room 101 Namakubi Papi Chu Dog Walk Review No. 12

Sounds interesting. Thanks for the review, Pete!
    Hangin' out with Friends

Re: Room 101 Namakubi Papi Chu Dog Walk Review No. 12

You just have to love any cigar that makes an impression on you while walking your dog! I smoke at least one dog walker a day and I will be looking for one of these. Any change noted while not really paying attention to anything but your dog is a very big plus.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do