The weather was beautiful in Maryland and the dog was antsy so I grabbed a Room 101 Namakubi Papi Chu and the leash and headed out into the sunshine.
- Nice oily habanno wrapper that smells of cedar and fruit
- Opens with a blast of pepper, almost overpowering
- pepper mellows a bit after 1/2 an inch letting cedar and some raisin shine through
- ash held strong to the half way point
- Black pepper really ramps up after the mid point
- this cigar is confusing my tongue, keeps shifting between fruit and cedar on the inhale and pepper on the exhale
- there is a herbal quality to the smoke on the retrohale that I find pleasing
This cigar was at times very good, and at time frustrating for me. All the flavors were enjoyable in their own right but they shifted so sharply that they seemed to be fighting for dominance. It was like the it had a split personality. This one gets an 88 from me.