Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Grimalkin by Emilio Review

This is a discussion on Grimalkin by Emilio Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; This cigar has been staring at me from the humidor (literally, check out the band!) and begging to be smoked. ...

Grimalkin by Emilio Review

This cigar has been staring at me from the humidor (literally, check out the band!) and begging to be smoked. I finally gave in.

Initial Impressions:
    - very nice dark brown wrapper that glistens with oils
    - body smells of sweet aged tobacco
    - foot gives off a mouth watering aroma of brown sugar and baked bread
    - cold draw reveals flavors of caramel and roasted sugar (my mouth was watering before I even toasted the foot!)

1st Third
    - first puffs taste of rich sweet tobacco and baking spices
    - toasted caramel and a touch of coffee bean dominate the first inch or so
    - a nice spice picks up around the 2 inch mark

2nd Third
    - sweetness shifts to the background and is replaced by a spicy core of cinnamon, espresso, and a touch of pepper
    - the retrohale is all cedar with a touch of cream, nice

Conclusion
    - the sweet roasted sugar flavor comes back in the last third
    - there is a hint of black pepper on the tongue on the exhale

I really enjoyed the flavor profile of this smoke. I highly recommend them. I've smoked about 6 of these and they were all excellent. They are a little hard to find but worth the effort. I give the Grimalkin a 93 IMHO.
    Send Troop Donations to : Troop Donations 128 Delaware St, Staten Island, NY 10304

Re: Grimalkin by Emilio Review

Another great review, and of a cigar definitely worthy of any praise that's heaped on it. The 10 or so Grimalkins that I've smoked have all been knockouts.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Re: Grimalkin by Emilio Review

Nice job Pete, I gotta take some time out to ride down and see Gary and stock up on some of his great sticks!