Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Quesada Q D'etat Molotov Dog Walk Review No. 13

This is a discussion on Quesada Q D'etat Molotov Dog Walk Review No. 13 within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; Once again me, the dog, and a cigar headed out into the wilds of our suburb! This time I picked ...

Quesada Q D'etat Molotov Dog Walk Review No. 13

Once again me, the dog, and a cigar headed out into the wilds of our suburb!

This time I picked out the cool looking Quesada Q D'etat Molotov. Part of a limited line being released by Quesada this year. Did I mention how cool this cigar looks?

Initial Impressions
    -very unique shape, twisted head is not closed so I suspect you could just light up an smoke this cigar without clipping the cap, but I went ahead and opened it up with my cutter
    -dark chocolate brown wrapper that smells of sweet dark molasses

1st Half
    -initial puffs are full of....plum, yes plum and a touch of apricot
    -after the half inch point the fruity flavors are joined by spice and a touch of cinnamon
    -there is a rich aged tobacco flavor on the retrohale
    - ash held for over 2/3 of the cigar
    (sorry for the crappy pic)

(just so you guys know I actually do these "Dog Walk Reviews" while walking the dog)

2nd Half
    - fruit flavors mellowed a bit but are still very dominate, plum is now more of a raisin
    -spice has picked up on the retrohale and on the tip of my tongue
    -this cigar seriously reminds me of a fruit cobbler, very unique

Conclusion
    I've never tasted a cigar with such dominate fruity flavors. It caught me a little off guard. I have a few more resting and now that I know what to expect I think I'll enjoy them more. I give it a 90 IMHO.
    Send Troop Donations to : Troop Donations 128 Delaware St, Staten Island, NY 10304

Re: Quesada Q D'etat Molotov Dog Walk Review No. 13

Pete, great review. Your comment about actually walking your dog on the "walking the dog" reviews made my laugh. This sounds like an interesting cigar that's worth buying a stick or two of to try. I need to find a place that sells singles of this.

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Sounds like a tasty cigar! Thanks for the review!
    Hangin' out with Friends

some say I'm a dreamer... BMack's Avatar

I've been dying to get some of these. Quesada has been putting out some great cigars, the Oktoberfest, Espana and Tributo are all great, underrated, cigars, in my opinion.
    My backyard is more humid than my humidor.

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

Damn you and your good reviews...now I have another stick to add to my wishlist!
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

Awesome review, Pete! I was hoping somebody would get a few and be the review guinea pig - now I need to track a few down because they sound excellent.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

I've seen some Quesadas at the B&M and wanted to give one a whirl but not sure which one will give me the best experience. I've heard the Espana is really great, but didn't see any there. I'll keep an eye out for the "Q" since the flavor profile you described is right in my wheelhouse.

Thanks for the review. Cool dog!
    I'm completely unbiased and 100% open minded. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.