Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

MoW Puro Authentico Review...Lots of Pics.

This is a discussion on MoW Puro Authentico Review...Lots of Pics. within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; It's Memorial Day. I'm doing some grilling and drinking some beer, so I thought I would post my first ever ...

MoW Puro Authentico Review...Lots of Pics.

It's Memorial Day. I'm doing some grilling and drinking some beer, so I thought I would post my first ever review. Be gentle. Note: My camera batteries were getting low, so some of the pics are a tad grainy. It's also apparent I lack photo editing skills.

MoW Puro Authentico. 5 x 42 Corona. Stored 1 week at 70F and 65% RH. Punch cut with a 007.

Cant grill without beer. Today some ice-cold Shiner Bock.

This is a beautiful stick. Toothy, slight veining and a light oily sheen. The shagged foot is a nice touch.

Initial light: Great amount of smoke, deep rich tobacco taste with some pepper and leather on the back end. A great long clean finish.

Into the second half, transiting from the pepper and slight leather to some sweetness and a light coffee and wood finish. The smoke can't get anymore creamy.

Better check that chicken see how it's doing.

The ultimate chicken grilling shirt.

Hey dad what's on the grill?

You can never have too much beer.

Into the last 1/3. Here comes the nic hit. Oh yea, baby! Have I mentioned this is a creamy stick? The coffee has faded and the leather and tobacco flavors are coming back, with some great earth notes on the finish. It's getting a tad warm but it's still smooth. The burn has been razor sharp from start to finish.

Let's check that chicken. Yep it looks done.

For me at least, this is a big meal, after dinner stick. This is a outstanding smoke. I'm still waiting on the maduro version to arrive at the house. The more I smoke of these, the more they are becoming my favorite smoke. There has been some recent discussion about RG sizes. This little gem has me wanting to try a lot more of my favorite blends in corona size. I hope everyone has a great Memorial day and thank's for indulging a noob.

Hilman's 36Bones ratings:
    Flavor and Taste and Smoke Texture: 10/10
    Construction: 10/10
    Price: 8/10 This one gets some good pricing on the Devil site.
    Bought a box.
    Total 28 out of 30.
    Last edited by 36Bones; 05-28-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Connecticut Puffer

Re: MoW Puro Authentico Review...Lots of Pics.

This is an awesome cigar in my book, and yes it as creamy and delicious! The chicken looks yummy too. Happy Memorial Day! Thanks for the review

Hmmm that chicken looks good. Better than my poverty meal of ham sandwich for memorial day lol.

Very nice review and pictures Hilman, you should do more reviews like this.

Great review. Thanks for sharing!

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Great review and pictures. Yes, we love pictures!
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Haha..Shiner Bock reminds me of Texas, which is the only place I've seen that beer. Good times on the road....

I've only smoked two of these, the second after about 6 months of rest, and both times, it was an absolute full bodied flavor bomb. On of the best coronas currently available at any price. With the 6 months of rest, it was even better, with a melding and smoothing of all it has going on.

This review has it all, a great cigar, a fine beer, barbecue, a cool dog, an ironic T shirt, and lastly, a great BOTL that took the time to put it all together...Thanks for the review and pics!!
    I'm completely unbiased and 100% open minded. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.