On the recommendation of the people in puff chat I decided to review the Pinar Del Rio Seleccion Reserva Limitado Toro.
- dark chocolate colored wrapper with a marbled appearance, easy to see that this wrapper is truly a maduro, no dye here
- body smells of sweet tobacco and rich barnyard
- first puffs are full of coco and sweet cream
- espresso is there on the retro along with a tingle of spice
- nice deep tobacco flavors with sweet lingering flavor
- burn line wavers a bit and requires a few touch ups
- smoke is deep blue and plentiful
- second half is dominated by sweet coffee and coco goodness, very smooth
- spice picks up after the first half giving this smoke some kick
- in the solid medium body range
No big flavor changes in the final third. Just more sweet maduro goodness. This is not a knock your socks of cigar but it is very tasty. I give it a solid 90 IMHO.