Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

American Eagle Hand Made

This is a discussion on American Eagle Hand Made within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; American Eagle Handmade Time in humi: 6 months, at 64% Prelight : Firm, no sift spots. Wrapper is crazy-cool, a ...

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

American Eagle Hand Made

American Eagle Handmade

Time in humi:
    6 months, at 64%

Prelight:
    Firm, no sift spots. Wrapper is crazy-cool, a camo pattern made of candela, maduro, and Connecticut. Smells of sweet hay and is a bit sour. Tight draw, not too tight. Surprisingly well constructed. Prelight draw gives a grassy sweetness.

First third:
    Initially just a slightly sweet, grassy hay flavor. Slight sourness on the retrohale. Not a lot of flavor. The sweet, very light flavors of tobacco and grass are there, but barely. This is possibly the mildest cigar I've ever had. The retrohale is similar to, though not as enjoyable as, the breath of fresh after a puff of a Connecticut. That's how mild the flavor is. The burn is incredibly straight for a cigar with pieces if different wrappers covering it. I assumed it would be all over the place. Ash holds for a solid inch.

Second third:
    Still quite mild, still little to write about. The smoke is just a bit buttery now, almost a bit like an avocado, in a good way. The retrohale has a tint of mildew to it, in a bad way.

Final Third:
    Not much changed on this one.

Conclusion:
    An interesting cigar to look at, a great conversation piece, and a fun way to celebrate memorial day in tribute to our soldiers. But other than that, the cigar really seems to be more of a novelty than anything else.
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Re: American Eagle Hand Made

Thanks! I always wondered about these!
    - Sin City Bomber -

It would suck if you were smoking it in the yard and accidentally dropped it....You might never find it... lol. Would the logical progression be a cigar with a built in gilly suit?
    I'm completely unbiased and 100% open minded. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

lol. Like a shaggy foot, but all the way up!
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

some say I'm a dreamer... BMack's Avatar

It looks cool, but I prefer Polo by Ralph Lauren... American Eagle is too much like Hollister.
    My backyard is more humid than my humidor.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Pandyboy's Avatar

Thanks for the review, seems like a fun cigar!