Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

E.P. Carillo Short Run 2012

This is a discussion on E.P. Carillo Short Run 2012 within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; I just smoked a very good cigar and I am hoping to get your thoughts or feedback on it. The ...

E.P. Carillo Short Run 2012

I just smoked a very good cigar and I am hoping to get your thoughts or feedback on it.

The EP Carillo Short Run 2012, I think it was the Reinados. It was a gift so I don't know all the stats on it, but I really liked it.

The first third started off solid. Decent taste, a little peppery. A little light on the smoke.

The second third is where this cigar started to really open up. The flavor came out, more pepper a little hay, yet it maintained a solid tobacco flavor, not overbearing in any one profile. The smoke increased to beautiful white plumes.

The last third is where I really loved this cigar. Huge plumes of smoke. Continued great taste, and never got harsh or bitter.

I smoked this cigar as I was driving around the city. It effects the burn when I have the cigar hanging out of the window, but the construction was good enough that int maintained a fairly consistent burn throughout.

I would definitely recommend this cigar. I have had an Carrillo before, but this Short Run was by far a better smoke.

What are your thoughts on this cigar?

Re: E.P. Carillo Short Run 2012

Carrillo not Carillo

Puffer Fish with some spikes apexking's Avatar

I didnt love it...but i love the 2011 short runs

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Max_Power's Avatar

I love this cigar. Sweet flavors, a little pepper, very smooth. Makes a great morning cigar paired with coffee. And the aroma it gives off is outstanding and a huge part of its attractiveness.

I've really been liking a lot of the cigars using CT wrappers this year. This, the my father le bijou and the Jaime Garcia with ct wrappers have become my trifecta of morning smokes on the weekends.
    That which is falling, should also be pushed