Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Nestor Miranda Dominicano Oscuro Pirimide Review

This is a discussion on Nestor Miranda Dominicano Oscuro Pirimide Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; If funny how sometime chance works in your favour. My last two cigars were a Don Pepin JJ Maduro and ...

Nestor Miranda Dominicano Oscuro Pirimide Review

If funny how sometime chance works in your favour. My last two cigars were a Don Pepin JJ Maduro and a Rocky Patel 1992 and after smoking both of them I wished I could find something in the middle of the two. Something with the RP flavour profile but with the flavour strength of the Don Pepin. Today by chance I picked this Nestor Miranda which I received from a sampler and it was exactly what I was looking for.

Clipping and lighting this cigar was a breeze. The draw was a little tight for my taste but nothing to complain about. I did have some burn issues but it was windy outside so that could have been the cause. The overall look of the cigar was good but not the usual uniformity I have noticed from other NC's. There was some veining and it looked a litte ... rustic (I think that's the word I'm looking for). Actually it reminded me a little of the look of CC's.

The great thing about this cigar is that it was still a little on the mild side (maybe more of a medium?) but the flavours were strong. Similar to the RP I could taste coffee but it was much more obvious. After the half way point I notice some semi sweet chocolate and even some hazelnut which was very pleasant. Even the smoke coming off the cigar had a sweetness to it which I haven't experienced before. There was a little bit of after taste as well. Not so much to be off putting but enough so you knew you were smoking a tasty cigar afterwards.

Funny enough I read up about this cigar afterwards and sure enough this is made in Don Pepin's My Father factory with a Nicaraguan binder and a filler encased in a Dominican wrapper (according to the AC website a first for Don Pepin). Looking at some prices this cigar is $5 each when purchased in a fiver. I think that is a great value.

In conclusion if you are looking for a medium cigar with a coffee/chocolate/hazelnut profile with a flavour intensity usually reserved for Don Pepin's pepper bombs (maybe one step down in intensity actually) I would pick this cigar up. I know I will be order 5 more.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Re: Nestor Miranda Dominicano Oscuro Pirimide Review

Thanks for another great review. This is one I haven't tried that sounds very interesting.