Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Liga Privada No. 9 - a partial review!

This is a discussion on Liga Privada No. 9 - a partial review! within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; NOTE: Photo is of another smoke, the one I took of this particular cigar somehow got deleted. Construction : Beautiful. ...

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Liga Privada No. 9 - a partial review!

NOTE: Photo is of another smoke, the one I took of this particular cigar somehow got deleted.

Construction:
    Beautiful. Firm, but not hard; very dark, uniform coloring; slightly toothy.

Prelight draw:
    Earthy, like what you'd imagine rich soil to smell like, with a bit of cocoa and black pepper

First Third:
    Initially, pepper and spice and everything nice! Tons of smoke, which is one of the things I love most about Liga Privadas. About 1/4 of an inch in, the spice dials down, and dark, rich, earthy tobacco takes over. The flavor is cool, but rich. This is the biggest difference between the No.9 and the T-52, in my opinion: The T-52 has a very warm characteristic to it, the No.9 is cool as a cucumber. Dark chocolate and leather and cedar take turns at the front with the rich, earthy tobacco as the stick warms up a bit. After a few more minutes, the dark chocolate takes over. Rick, decadent dark chocolate. The burn so far has been razor sharp!

Second Third:
    Almost no black pepper is left, but that lovely oily spice is lingering on the finish. Like when you eat a hot pepper, and lick your lips... it has that effect. I love it. The cedar is more prominent now, the chocolate has taken a bit of a backseat. Cedar and wood intermingle with rich tobacco, and dark cocoa remains in the background. Burn remains razor sharp, ashing about every inch or so. I can feel the nicotine beginning to kick in at this point. The dark chocolate becomes more of a cocoa, and then eventually morphs into a rich, creamy chocolate. The smoke output continues to be stellar.

Final Third:
    I'll never know how the final third if this particular No.9 would have smoked, as I got interrupted by one of the kids waking up, and the cigar was long done when I finally got back to it. But I can tell you that of the number I've smoked before, all were nubbed!
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Connecticut Puffer

Re: Liga Privada No. 9 - a partial review!

Yum yum yum

As great as that review read, I would have re-lit it,,, but I am a Derelict that does that sort of thing all the time.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Bruce, had it been any longer, or had it still been even somewhat warm when I came back, I probably would have too! But that close to the end, and that cold and dead, and it just seemed like I might ruin the experience with a relight, so I let it be.
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Nice review Ninja!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Very nice review. Makes me want to light one up. If only I hadn't smoked two cigars at the herf this morning...

Sweet mother of Pearl.

Luva Sweet Easy Retrohale aroma's Avatar

Man, that sounds good.
    After reading that, I had to put one on death row.
    puff-o-matic (cigar puff timer)

Great Review, I love this stick. I nubbed one so short the other day the strength got to me, but it was too tasty to put it down.