Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

CAO Brazilia Gol! Review

This is a discussion on CAO Brazilia Gol! Review within the Non-Habanos Reviews forums, part of the General Cigar Discussion category; I received this CAO Brazilia in the CAO World Sampler Pack ($18 for 4 cigars) so it was under $5. ...

CAO Brazilia Gol! Review

I received this CAO Brazilia in the CAO World Sampler Pack ($18 for 4 cigars) so it was under $5. All of these cigars have been resting for 19 days now, which is probably not enough considering how long they traveled for (a little over 10 days I think).

The look of the cigar was a little rustic with predominate veining. I like the colorful band but was wondering if the cigar would be all marketing and not a good smoke.

Lighting the cigar was very easy and I didn't have any burn issues from start to finish. The draw was a little tight until the last 1/3 but nothing to complain about.

Flavour wise this was a rather one dimensional cigar with mostly a deep sweet earth flavour going on with hints of a nutty flavour (roasted almond?). The nice thing was that even though it wasn't very complex it was very flavourful. I would characterize the cigar as between medium and full. There wasn't much change up in flavour until the very very end where I started to get almost a fudge/brownee flavour coming off of it. This however was very fleeting before it got too harsh and I had to put it down.

In conclusion I would say this cigar was somewhere between OK and Good for me. Even though there were some nice flavours it wasn't anything special and since I don't smoke that often I do like the cigars I have to be special. Having said all that I do have one more of these resting in the humidor and I'm curious what it will be like with more rest on it.

Re: CAO Brazilia Gol! Review

Rest them a bit longer & they will reward you but indeed you pretty much nailed the Gol! A good solid reliable smoke if there ever was one. Nice work Robert.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Robert
    Thanks for the review.....spot on.
    On a side note, these smoke remarkably better at a lower RH.
    Try one again after storing it around 60 rh, you will be surprised
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

Thanks for the suggestion Al. I've been thinking about storing all of my cigars at a lower RH lately. Right now they are all at 70 and I do think that's too humid.

Quote Originally Posted by asmartbull View Post
    Robert
    Thanks for the review.....spot on.
    On a side note, these smoke remarkably better at a lower RH.
    Try one again after storing it around 60 rh, you will be surprised

Full grown Puffer Fish jobes2007's Avatar

I haven't tried any CAO cigars, and this review makes me a little hesitant about picking some up. Are all of their sticks like this, or do they have some better ones in their offerings?

Joey, don't get me wrong this wasn't a bad stick it just wasn't a blow your socks off stick. For $4-$5 it is worth a try, especially if it gets better at lower RH like some of the guys have suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by jobes2007 View Post
    I haven't tried any CAO cigars, and this review makes me a little hesitant about picking some up. Are all of their sticks like this, or do they have some better ones in their offerings?

Full grown Puffer Fish Smoke0ne's Avatar

As stated, the Brazilias are much better at a lower RH- they taste a bit more sweet/chocolatey to me. Great review, thanks for taking the time to write it.

I have always really enjoyed the Brazilia. It's hard to beat them for the price.

Full grown Puffer Fish jobes2007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kruz View Post
    Joey, don't get me wrong this wasn't a bad stick it just wasn't a blow your socks off stick. For $4-$5 it is worth a try, especially if it gets better at lower RH like some of the guys have suggested.
    That's fair enough. I guess I seemed hesitant because I've just smoked a lot of okay sticks lately, so I'd like a few "knock your socks off" sticks in my future. Maybe I'll pick 2 or 3 up and throw them in my humidor. I normally have it around 63 anyway.